What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

I’m down with the prospect of a Terror Tram if only because it tends to be a people eater. If it ends up being lame, at least it’ll help thin the crowds; if it’s good, then even better!

I've always liked Terror Tram, even at its worst. I just think it's a necessary attraction for Hollywood to disperse people. 2019, for the first time ever, I couldn't do all the mazes without it.

For terror tram, I just hope they find a better solution for crowd control, hopefully with less lines for each individual part of the tram. I additionally hope they use whovile as a zone or gauntlet if possible, as well as have some more actors in transitional spaces. Really the only things that made the experience a bit lacking imo

The Terror Tram should be exactly like the one in 1986, where people simply stay inside the tram while being attacked by monsters, not like being dropped off and go through another walkthrough-like maze. It can be repetitive and boring at times over the years. The TT should at least try something new for once.

The Terror Tram should be exactly like the one in 1986, where people simply stay inside the tram while being attacked by monsters, not like being dropped off and go through another walkthrough-like maze. It can be repetitive and boring at times over the years. The TT should at least try something new for once.

I have to disagree. I loved walking through the Whoville and War of the Worlds sets. One of the most unique aspects of HHNH for me.

I have to disagree. I loved walking through the Whoville and War of the Worlds sets. One of the most unique aspects of HHNH for me.
Yep, 100% this. One of the things that makes USH unique is its proximity to an active film production studio. It's a legendary space where a lot of what we experience at HHN -- like Bride of Frankenstein, for example -- was conceived and created. Getting to walk around the backlot is a pretty cool and rare experience because normally they reserve that stuff for VIPs, but during HHN, it's open to everyone. Definitely one of my favorite aspects of the event.

Considering the tragic accident that happened with the Terror Tram in 1986 (which was most likely the reason HW didn't try another Halloween event till 1992), I don't see them trying that format again.

i don't know how much it would even affect the event, but i know universal tends to kind of overshoot with the sensitivity so i think it's worth mentioning. there was a shooting in my city, about an hour from LA, during a screening of the newest purge movie.

i don't know how much it would even affect the event, but i know universal tends to kind of overshoot with the sensitivity so i think it's worth mentioning. there was a shooting in my city, about an hour from LA, during a screening of the newest purge movie.

If past events are anything to go by, any Purge-affiliated attractions will not include performers holding or menacing guests with firearms. They'll have blades and the like, instead.

oh i know! and frankly as far as the authorities have stated, they don't think it was even motivated by the movie itself! i just know universal is the first to tiptoe around things like that and wasn't sure if it would affect the use of "the purge" as a whole.