Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Construction

It is genuinely stunning how amazing Parisian looks. Especially considering just how perfect La Llorona's facade was last year: it is really great to see scenic getting bumped up like this.

Not as tall as the legends facade but this one’s chunky…..if you look at the spec map you can kinda assume this is the exorcist house but perhaps turned sideways this time just to let you know it’s different

Attachments

• IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 38
Usually at this point I can tell without a shadow of a doubt what IPs these are.

I literally have no idea or guesses as to what any of these are (outside of the spec maps). They're just not as glaringly obvious as other years. Kinda strange.

Usually at this point I can tell without a shadow of a doubt what IPs these are.

I literally have no idea or guesses as to what any of these are (outside of the spec maps). They're just not as glaringly obvious as other years. Kinda strange.
Honestly a little concerning. I hope some of this is just smoke and mirrors. I don't mind 2-3 originals, but I go to HHN for the IPs.

Giving me "Good Guys" doll box vibes:
F9C0B0B7-202B-417A-9901-054F169C12D7.jpeg

Credit: @HydraGen2299

Chucky Facade looks incredible. I haven't seen the second season of the show yet but there's nothing like this in the first, so very curious what their direction is.

While I've been told to expect some very impressive special effects in the Chucky house, we should probably reign in our expectations when we talk about things like this.
Yeah, considering how expensive animatronics are and how long it would take them to program it.

I have noticed that "pre-shows" in front of the maze are beginning to be more common though.
Thinking to mazes like KKFOS and Weeknd (sort of had a little "pre-show" with the eyes glowing), etc...
But now we're getting into spec territory.

When do you guys think they'll start placing scarezone props?
Is it usually a month or so before the event?

Yeah, considering how expensive animatronics are and how long it would take them to program it.

I have noticed that "pre-shows" in front of the maze are beginning to be more common though.
Thinking to mazes like KKFOS and Weeknd (sort of had a little "pre-show" with the eyes glowing), etc...
But now we're getting into spec territory.

When do you guys think they'll start placing scarezone props?
Is it usually a month or so before the event?
Usually beginning of august if I remember correctly

Chucky Facade looks incredible. I haven't seen the second season of the show yet but there's nothing like this in the first, so very curious what their direction is.

The end of the first season featured an army of Chucky dolls in boxes in a truck ready to be sent out into the world (until Andy commandeered the truck). I'm just assuming, since the maze is inspired by the show, that the facade is inspired by that, or at least the imagery of walls and walls of Good Guy Doll boxes from the final act of Child's Play 2.