Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a Platinum AP with FFP. So I can be in the park, get my wristband early and stay in the park, but because I won't have early entry, I'd have to wait in the park until 7pm to get in any mazes. Right? And if so, will anything be open that I could do between 5:30 and 7, even if it's just rides and/or food? Or will I just be sitting around for an hour in a limbo state?

While that isn't ideal, I had been hearing rumors that HHN was considering a hard close this year for HHN, so I guess this is better than that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a Platinum AP with FFP. So I can be in the park, get my wristband early and stay in the park, but because I won't have early entry, I'd have to wait in the park until 7pm to get in any mazes. Right? And if so, will anything be open that I could do between 5:30 and 7, even if it's just rides and/or food? Or will I just be sitting around for an hour in a limbo state?
I really hope this isn't what they're doing for the on-the-ground employee's sake — this would be nightmarish.

While that isn't ideal, I had been hearing rumors that HHN was considering a hard close this year for HHN, so I guess this is better than that.
Please Universal for the love of god never do a hard close....that would just create so much chaos outside the gates.

Please Universal for the love of god never do a hard close....that would just create so much chaos outside the gates.

I'd never thought about it, but you're right, that's probably why they've never done it. The crowding around the security checkpoint/directly outside the gates would be nightmarish.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Also I just called Gust Services and the person on the phone told me if I can an AP, I'd still need a EE ticket to get on mazes before 7 PM

They could be wrong and I will ask when I at the park as well

Reactions: saint.piss
Also I just called Gust Services and the person on the phone told me if I can an AP, I'd still need a EE ticket to get on mazes before 7 PM
telling your most loyal customers that they're welcome to buy a beer and chill for 90 minutes but can't participate in mazes without spending an extra $10 is ... not what I would do, personally. it's also going to lead to queues for queues, right? non-EE guests just hoarding around the entrance to mazes waiting for 7 p.m.

For the next survey, everyone needs to complain about this EEA being separately. It is a terrible decision and it shouldn’t come back after this year.
I mean the cat is out of the bag

I tried to tell everyone that the SNW EE would be the start of something we would not like but people here were pretty positive abut it and the General Public always buys stuff like this. So here we are....another up charge

telling your most loyal customers that they're welcome to buy a beer and chill for 90 minutes but can't participate in mazes without spending an extra $10 is ... not what I would do, personally. it's also going to lead to queues for queues, right? non-EE guests just hoarding around the entrance to mazes waiting for 7 p.m.
Most weekend nights are 20+ bucks as someone going with my GF...its 40 bucks

I mean the cat is out of the bag

I tried to tell everyone that the SNW EE would be the start of something we would not like but people here were pretty positive abut it and the General Public always buys stuff like this. So here we are....another up charge

Most weekend nights are 20+ bucks as someone going with my GF...its 40 bucks
I was gonna mention how it’s $20+ for most of days. Time to start buying tickets from other websites.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm thinking that we will have access to the mazes otherwise they'll be 3 band colors to keep track of. The 2pm band color, the early entry band color, and then the "i have daytime admission and hhn admission but can't do anything for 90 minutes" band color?

The site doesn't necessarily make it clear whether we would have early entry benefits but it doesn't say that we can't either. It's all so confusing and so important for planning purposes!

Reactions: Rideguy70

I was under the impression that you could in fact get a wristband and enter the mazes in this scenario!

I was under the impression that you could in fact get a wristband and enter the mazes in this scenario!
This would line up with what the TM told me over the phone a few weeks ago. I just know others have been getting mixed responses. Going over the messaging again on the site, it seems like we could take advantage of early entry.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Well this website is claiming only 2PM tickets include EE to HHN. So I just emailed Universal asking them which tickets would need to buy EE Tickets and which are automatically included. I post the email here once I get a response

Reactions: Jake S

I hope so, but that's not the impression I got. I could be wrong, but I thought early entry was only those who paid for it. FFP didn't pay for it.

That said, I suppose if you have a FFP and an AP and are therefore already in the park, maybe there's a loophole? Because most FFP won't be able to enter the park, as most won't not have a daytime AP--so they wouldn't even be let in the gate.

I do figure that intersection of AP/FFP groups may be pretty small... every year, we have an issue with the fact that our Platinum AP gets us a free night of HHN on select nights... but those nights are always the same as the nights a FFP gets, which we already have, thereby nullifying that benefit for the AP. And every year we go to guest relations to ask what can be done about it, and every year we get confused team members who has to ask a manager. And we've been doing this for well over 5+ years... you'd think they would have figured out a set accommodation by now, but no. Maybe this year, the accommodation will be, "we'll give you early access."

But there really isn't much clarity here, and as others have said, there's been mixed responses from Universal.

Soooo, long shot
But any chance we see a scarezone announcement drop today (as in the 12th cuz its late). Last year we saw the announcements drop officially a day or two after scarezone construction began, and now we have our first signs of it as of the 11th. The fact the fire towers arent up yet might signal I'm wrong, but it seems like it's gotta be soon before the other zones announce themselves on their own.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Status
Not open for further replies.