Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, long shot
But any chance we see a scarezone announcement drop today (as in the 12th cuz its late). Last year we saw the announcements drop officially a day or two after scarezone construction began, and now we have our first signs of it as of the 11th. The fact the fire towers arent up yet might signal I'm wrong, but it seems like it's gotta be soon before the other zones announce themselves on their own.
Maybe the fire towers don’t make an appearance this year idk. Wasn’t there an era without them? Or was it that they just didn’t go off a lot.

There hasn't been any movement or speculation on a Zone that connects the CG lot and Potter other than the Death Eaters has there? Maybe a Toxxic tunnel style Zone could work there

Huh? No. A zone on that walk is impractical for a lot of reasons. Right now, you can expect zones in the usual spots: the park's main street, French Street, and the Death Eaters in Wizarding World. You can also probably expect some pop-up character encounters in various spots.

There hasn't been any movement or speculation on a Zone that connects the CG lot and Potter other than the Death Eaters has there? Maybe a Toxxic tunnel style Zone could work there
Kinda has the same issue tunnel did, its used during the daytime and even during the event its a major path for vehicles and employees, they just throw up some fences like an hour before the event opens each night, if they were to try and put scareactors on the path it would probably look a lot like the tunnel did in 2016 when the purge was there (a smattering of 5 or so actors behind fences with some lights), and honestly i feel like thats worse than having nothing there at all, both for guests and the actors.

So that road is actually an access road for emergency vehicles as well and they probably don't want to congest it too much. Murdy has been talking about adding more atmosphere around the Curious George mazes and walk down there.

So that road is actually an access road for emergency vehicles as well and they probably don't want to congest it too much. Murdy has been talking about adding more atmosphere around the Curious George mazes and walk down there.
I think adding more atmosphere on the actual curious george lot could be helpful. Maybe something like 2018's metro set village they kinda built. Thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering why it's felt so sparse given the privacy from the general public during the daytime but it totally makes sense they wouldn't throw something back there for safety.
Huh? No. A zone on that walk is impractical for a lot of reasons. Right now, you can expect zones in the usual spots: the park's main street, French Street, and the Death Eaters in Wizarding World. You can also probably expect some pop-up character encounters in various spots.
Has there been any word about the Chainsaw hordes from a few years ago? I wonder what the guest reception was since I felt like that really added some kinetic energy to the upper and lower lots. If its just the megan hordes thats fine, since the Megan hordes sound super fun, but I love the larger cast of atmospheric characters. I know Murdy has referenced that La Llorona may be a photo op character, has that been decided by the forum as being for sure in Peacock bar?

Reactions: TableYe
I think adding more atmosphere on the actual curious george lot could be helpful. Maybe something like 2018's metro set village they kinda built. Thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering why it's felt so sparse given the privacy from the general public during the daytime but it totally makes sense they wouldn't throw something back there for safety.

Has there been any word about the Chainsaw hordes from a few years ago? I wonder what the guest reception was since I felt like that really added some kinetic energy to the upper and lower lots. If its just the megan hordes thats fine, since the Megan hordes sound super fun, but I love the larger cast of atmospheric characters. I know Murdy has referenced that La Llorona may be a photo op character, has that been decided by the forum as being for sure in Peacock bar?

I definitely don't disagree that it would be nice if they could add a little more flair to the Curious George lot. There definitely isn't any room for a formal zone, but even some additional lighting that doesn't interfere with the two facades wouldn't hurt...

As frustrating as it is, I don't think the chainsaw horde is coming back. Management didn't like how it went on the lower lot.

I wouldn't assume we're getting a roaming M3GAN horde. Those waters have gotten muddied in recent weeks...

I'm also unclear on where La Llorona is going to appear. It sounds like the Peacock Bar is going to have photo ops with David Pumpkins and the Bride of Frankenstein, per Murdy, so La Llorona would likely appear elsewhere - perhaps in the plaza?

I definitely don't disagree that it would be nice if they could add a little more flair to the Curious George lot. There definitely isn't any room for a formal zone, but even some additional lighting that doesn't interfere with the two facades wouldn't hurt...

As frustrating as it is, I don't think the chainsaw horde is coming back. Management didn't like how it went on the lower lot.

I wouldn't assume we're getting a roaming M3GAN horde. Those waters have gotten muddied in recent weeks...

I'm also unclear on where La Llorona is going to appear. It sounds like the Peacock Bar is going to have photo ops with David Pumpkins and the Bride of Frankenstein, per Murdy, so La Llorona would likely appear elsewhere - perhaps in the plaza?
For sure agree on potential lighting and fog overlay for Curious George. That area could be so cool!

Dissapointed to here about the distate for the saws on the lower lot. I heard some legal whispering that a formal Zone can't be put in Springfield, so having the hordes helps adds some more life in the area while also not breaking any rules. I do know not everyone who goes is cool with the large cast of street roaming characters, so having a safe haven there makes sense, but it does often feel a bit slow and empty.

Dissappinted to hear about Megan! Didn't love the movie, but it seemed like s cool new scarezone/entertainment concept that could've been really cool. Even though certain entertainment opportunities were progressively shut down before the pandemic (gogos, mic'ed characters, sliders), it seems they're back to experimenting with new ideas given the abundance of stilt performers and the various innovations introduced in that area (putting them in mazes, four legs, ultra tall crow) as well as whatever the new shows will be. The megan horde could've been really interesting so I hope there may still be an opportunity for the concept to be reworked somehow.

La Llorona would be an awesome plaza character, but I do worry about misbehaving guests due to previous issues with performers over there. Could be cool as a photo opportunity for RIP, maybe in Moulin Rouge? Perhaps we get some photo op characters in CG given the lack of kinetic energy we've previously discussed.

Edit: I almost forgot! Had there been any movement on auxiliary show venues like the lower lot stage from the Chainsaw horde year? That whole 80s campaign, I don't know if successful, was a cool idea

Yeah I'm pretty shocked. Next year with Night Swim, maybe.
I think it's wild not to have made megan a priority given the immediate viral success of the characters, the dance troupe that did halftime presenting a perfect example of an attraction, and having Chicky to potentially interact with her in the marketing.

Does anyone know anything about the show in WW venue other than the beginning of rehearsals? I know it looked like it could not be purge for a minute, but these ip blocks could be congruent amongst blumhouse (which would be Bizarre given Blum's general enthusiasm for the event).

Reactions: nicodingus
Status
Not open for further replies.