Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M3GAN isn't as off limits as some people are thinking. @Clive has the right of it that the waters were a bit muddied, but I imagine that'll get cleared up soon.

To be clear, I don’t believe M3GAN was ever intended to be a zone/horde out here. But I was under the impression the character/IP was making a different kind of appearance, but now that seems a bit up in the air. Stay tuned…

Now that we know for sure there will be no Jabbawockeez (I absolutely don't see them being housed in WW, definitely a indoor performance). I could actually see M3GAN being used as some sort of comedy or stunt show, although a bit of a stretch...
I could see it being something raunchy in a similar vein to Bill and Ted but I guess we'll have to wait and see, remains to be seen...

Honestly...
Waterwockeez would be so far in the realm of ridiculous, I'd actually very much like to see it.

Hahah but boy would I love something in the realm of B&T there's so many quality memes and crazy things that have happened now. Definitely prime time for it tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Honestly...
Waterwockeez would be so far in the realm of ridiculous, I'd actually very much like to see it.

Hahah but boy would I love something in the realm of B&T there's so many qualities memes and crazy things that have happened now. Definitely prime time for it tbh
Oh man what I’d give to see Bill and Ted another year. Just think what it would be like with all of the current events.

One of the defining elements that made Bill & Ted a complicated show was on the basis of how the basis of Parody was used and how they skirted the line of copyright and IP infringement; ontop of being a look of the culture of the year at that time.

Even if you made it a show of only movie characters, you still risk the copyright, IP, and trademark infringement as a whole. Bill & Ted served it's purpose, but it's writing and how it handled topics was not ideal for the environment of HHN Hollywood (and I'd argue UOR too but that's here or there).

And that other shows, like Rocky Horror, which was a direct adaptation of a pre-existing material, or Beetlejuice, which focused more purely on covers and the Monsters/BJ, is a more optimal experience than a satire.

__
Hell I'd argue Jabbawockeez was a more fun show than Bill & Ted from the times I saw each respectively, but that is me asking to get lynched.

there are lots of fun ways to do entertainment at horror nights that aren’t this.
And precisely. Be it stunt shows like what is going into WaterWorld, or even dance shows like Jabbawockeez and even something like a M3GAN flash mob; it still allows them to properly connect it to HHN in a way that feels optimal with the region.

Does it risk the element of repitition? Yeah, but I think what matters more is what the GP wants more from. Especially if it can help alleviate pressure from other houses and experiences around the event property.

And precisely. Be it stunt shows like what is going into WaterWorld, or even dance shows like Jabbawockeez and even something like a M3GAN flash mob; it still allows them to properly connect it to HHN in a way that feels optimal with the region.

Does it risk the element of repitition? Yeah, but I think what matters more is what the GP wants more from. Especially if it can help alleviate pressure from other houses and experiences around the event property.
I agree with this a lot.

Nightmare Fuel (while not my cup of tea) is popular in Orlando.

Academy of Villains was as well.

Knott’s had success with Puppet Up in the past and last year with Carnival du Grotesque.

Three of the four were horror themed and all of them drew a crowd.

I agree with this a lot.

Nightmare Fuel (while not my cup of tea) is popular in Orlando.

Academy of Villains was as well.

Knott’s had success with Puppet Up in the past and last year with Carnival du Grotesque.

Three of the four were horror themed and all of them drew a crowd.

Yup! Even for something like Puppet Up, that actually worked really really well with the clientele of the LA region, because the kind of show that it was was an unhinged and fun respite that allowed it to be a showcase of those working with the puppets; and having skits one would more find with SNL (Which is why I am curious on how Hollywood handles David S. Pumpkins) than specifically a satirical and dated show that doesn't evolve.

I have confidence that both shows this year for HHN will fill that "horror" itch that the event should have, while also being really good reasons to draw people away from the houses and bustle. Which in itself, will be a win for operations at houses.

bill and Ted was definitely not overrated. it definitely is still funny. F#%* that vice article.
counterpoint: the problem was making a crummy joke, not someone writing about it on the internet.

regardless, let's move on from this and back to actual spec/rumors. I think we can all agree that bill and ted is not showing up at waterworld this year.

counterpoint: the problem was making a crummy joke, not someone writing about it on the internet.

regardless, let's move on from this and back to actual spec/rumors. I think we can all agree that bill and ted is not showing up at waterworld this year.
I hope we get to see some new stunts inside the waterworld stage, watching slaughterworld 2 I did not know they had a jet ski being ridden while the guy was on fire. It looked awesome

I hope we get to see some new stunts inside the waterworld stage, watching slaughterworld 2 I did not know they had a jet ski being ridden while the guy was on fire. It looked awesome
a stunt show set entirely to rob zombie songs that features a lot of fire is what I'm manifesting.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
Status
Not open for further replies.