Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If all the attractions weren't separated by miles and operations were smooth in every area, I'd agree that it should be easy. However, I was herded for the first 45 minutes of the night just trying to enter at 7pm, I'm corralling 10 people together, dinner has to be had, Terror Tram took an hour and a half in of itself, and the Curious George lot was slammed to make the Express line for Chucky 60 minutes+.

Last year, I learned that even with an Express you have to have a freakin' game plan. I paid extra so I WOULDN'T have to. It's ridiculous. To combat, this year I added on Early Entry on top of Express, which just feels silly considering that costs money too. That should be enough, but I know operations are always hellish and will ruin even the easiest plan.

Getting in and out of the arena is a freakin' nightmare, Express or not, in my opinion. The way they herd people around the back sometimes just to get in is the worst and takes forever. Then getting out has its own complications unless you're on the edge. I haven't had a smooth and easy experience seeing Waterworld in about 3 years, honestly, since they keep doing this "go around the back" nonsense (or whenever it started).

If all the attractions weren't separated by miles and operations were smooth in every area, I'd agree that it should be easy. However, I was herded for the first 45 minutes of the night just trying to enter at 7pm, I'm corralling 10 people together, dinner has to be had, Terror Tram took an hour and a half in of itself, and the Curious George lot was slammed to make the Express line for Chucky 60 minutes+.

Last year, I learned that even with an Express you have to have a freakin' game plan. I paid extra so I WOULDN'T have to. It's ridiculous. To combat, this year I added on Early Entry on top of Express, which just feels silly considering that costs money too. That should be enough, but I know operations are always hellish and will ruin even the easiest plan.

Getting in and out of the arena is a freakin' nightmare, Express or not, in my opinion. The way they herd people around the back sometimes just to get in is the worst and takes forever. Then getting out has its own complications unless you're on the edge. I haven't had a smooth and easy experience seeing Waterworld in about 3 years, honestly, since they keep doing this "go around the back" nonsense (or whenever it started).
I don’t mean to discount your experience, but I literally went to the event once last year, last minute, upgraded to express—with no game plan— and was able to hit most houses twice, see each show, do the Terror Tram, and even have a good 30-40 mins to chill with a drink at the Plaza bar without any problems. I even had dinner halfway thru the night at Luigi’s. I still left an hour before closing, as well. I’m not sure what happened in your case, then.

Reactions: Clive and Jake S
This year is shaping up to be one of Hollywood’s best I can not wait. Even the houses at the bottom of my hype list I’m still very excited for. Unlike prior years there’s no house I can point to and go “I can skip that one”
Echoing Hydra on this one.

To me, there’s something I am genuinely excited for with all of the houses that can be easily pinned down to specific elements:

• Universal Monsters to see what they do with the scale of SS12 (and to walk into SS12 to begin with)
  • Finally experiencing Monstruos in some form/shape after only being able to watch from afar last year
  • Seeing how Murdy translates Dead Exposure as a idea for the sake of the event
  • Seeing the special effects unfold in both Ghostbusters and AQP (especially AQP)
  • Having two potentially intense houses with Insidious and Texas
  • Seeing if Texas can beat 2012 Texas for me
  • Seeing how Murdy, Abel and XO go about a potential round 2
Everything with HHN this year feels like it has the potential to go really great; and I’m excited to see the outcome with it.

HHN is kinda Random

Like some nights things work out well and the crowds are low...but you go on most Saturdays even with express the lines can be insane. I went the second maybe 3rd weekend last year and waiting for Chucky 40ish mins with Express was insane.

Most everything else went smoothly but I've had the best luck getting a pass season pass. Normally I get on all houses over a few days and don't feel as rushed but I know not everyone can do that. But I'll be going weekly until basically the end and will share the trends I see and hopefully no House is as favored as Last of Us or Chucky were last year

Reactions: Disneyland/DCA
Although the IP line up to me is a little lackluster with returning themes/IPs, what I'm really excited about is no repeats at all. First time post-pandemic we've had a year with literally no reepats!
I'm glad your definition of repeats has loosened lmao I remember the good ol days of 2010 with you being livid about F13 and NOES being repeats when they were completely different mazes from their 07-08 counterparts.
A Blumhouse Wolfman teaser would make sense when you ride out of the terror tram. I recall a couple years back they showed a teaser for the Chucky show.
I feel like they tease something pretty much every year. Heck, I remember them teasing the 2010 Wolfman a whole year and a half ahead of time in 2008 (kinda accidentally, the movie got pushed back)! And then the next year in 2009, it was teased again, but this time the movie would be coming out fairly soon-ish (February 2010).

I'm glad your definition of repeats has loosened lmao I remember the good ol days of 2010 with you being livid about F13 and NOES being repeats when they were completely different mazes from their 07-08 counterparts.
Yeah, they weren’t repeats at all. To be fair tho, 2010 was a crap shoot for HHN spec forums for Hollywood. Nothing dropped until mid or late August when everything was announced all at once, and, honestly, I still understand a lot of fans’ frustrations with the lineup. 2006 was HHN lite, essentially, then two years of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface. A year of all new material, then Freddy and Jason return. For an event only 3.5 years into its existence, and only having 3.5 house locations (expanding to 4.5 in 2010) having two properties be featured in three of those years felt more like a repeat then, than what most of us define them as, today. I still have PTSD from that year’s spec lol

Reactions: Freak
Well....tbf the event was only four years old at the time. After going to 2009 when we had an all-new line-up, it was maddening to see the same rehashed stuff when we could've gotten some new stuff that would be awesome. We could've gotten a Vampyre house. We could've gotten that Wolfman house which, believe it or not, still want to this day! Maybe they can base a house directly off of Leigh Wannel's Wolfman movie or something. I guess FMTWM from 2019 is as close as we're gonna get to that lol But when you saw how cool HHN 20 looked compared to our event....yeah. But there are some good things I kinda remember fondly of 2010!

But yeah, when I've been going to the event for fifteen years now....oh shoot, I just realized this will be my fifteenth year going to HHN! But when you factor that in, we've had a lot of houses over the years, and we have eight houses and the Tram....it's easy to forgive the returning themes especially when none of them are literal repeats.

I'm also at the point in life that even if we did get a repeat....eh, not my preference, but I don't care. There's seven other houses to go to.

I think also there's a feeling now that the event is here to stay, so in the grand scheme of things, repeats aren't the worst thing ever anymore. There was a bit of worry back then that the event might die out again and go away, so if we only had it again for say, 5-10 years, it'd suck if half of that time was devoted to Jason and Freddy.

Speaking of years, it'll be 17 for me, which is dang near almost 20. It's hard for me to fathom, but in general, I've attended this event a whole 2 times more than I have gone to KSF. In an odd way, it still doesn't quite feel that way and that KSF is so ingrained in me that HHN still feels like somewhat of a shiny new toy. I can't quite explain that, maybe it's the fact KSF has actually been around much much longer (even though the separation between my personal first-time visit to them is only 7 years) or maybe HHN somehow presents a more new-school approach to things.

There are attendees who will be going this year for their 3rd-5th year now that were just born or not even born yet the first time I went. Holy WOW. With that said, I do hope HHN honors its history one day and does an anniversary or throwback event. I know there's a weird gap and hiatus to consider, but they truly have paved their own course and fans have stuck around for almost two decades now. I'd love to see a weird clash up of originals like Asylum, Vampyre, Clowns, Pandora, La Llorona, Monstrous, etc..

I think also there's a feeling now that the event is here to stay, so in the grand scheme of things, repeats aren't the worst thing ever anymore. There was a bit of worry back then that the event might die out again and go away, so if we only had it again for say, 5-10 years, it'd suck if half of that time was devoted to Jason and Freddy.

Speaking of years, it'll be 17 for me, which is dang near almost 20. It's hard for me to fathom, but in general, I've attended this event a whole 2 times more than I have gone to KSF. In an odd way, it still doesn't quite feel that way and that KSF is so ingrained in me that HHN still feels like somewhat of a shiny new toy. I can't quite explain that, maybe it's the fact KSF has actually been around much much longer (even though the separation between my personal first-time visit to them is only 7 years) or maybe HHN somehow presents a more new-school approach to things.

There are attendees who will be going this year for their 3rd-5th year now that were just born or not even born yet the first time I went. Holy WOW. With that said, I do hope HHN honors its history one day and does an anniversary or throwback event. I know there's a weird gap and hiatus to consider, but they truly have paved their own course and fans have stuck around for almost two decades now. I'd love to see a weird clash up of originals like Asylum, Vampyre, Clowns, Pandora, La Llorona, Monstrous, etc..
We need that Fandom Knotts has. Knotts anniversary years are such love letters to their history. I still think the 40th is the best haunt to ever be thrown.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Worth keeping in mind that Orlando didn't get its first anniversary event until the "Sweet 16," which would have been 2022 in Hollywood. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something for the 20th anniversary (2026), though I'm keeping my expectations checked.