Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick show of hands… who remembers the initial reaction to AoV getting announced for 26?

5E149FF9-5F5B-4788-8203-D5D764B9151D.jpg

AoV ended up getting higher GSats than ANY Bill and Ted. Ever.

I bring that up for two reasons:

1) AoV controversy aside, Universal has proven they “know how to pick’em” when it comes to 3rd party shows.

2) Personal opinion, based on what I’ve seen of the rumored act, this could be—unequivocally—the best act they’ve brought in for HHN.

Quick show of hands… who remembers the initial reaction to AoV getting announced for 26?

View attachment 15035

1) AoV controversy aside, Universal has proven they “know how to pick’em” when it comes to 3rd party shows.

2) Personal opinion, based on what I’ve seen of the rumored act, this could be—unequivocally—the best act they’ve brought in for HHN.

I enjoyed AoV and truly wish the founders weren't awful people and/or that it somehow could have cut them out and continued with the talented folks that worked on it. Such is unfortunately life and par for the terrible course of the last 18 months.

That said, I'd have been a lot more open to similar-style replacements if the early spec maps didn't literally say "Jack Stage Show" and got my hopes up. I'm sure I'll see whatever show goes in there at least once during our four nights there. As of now, "dance, magic, British" sounds like a very disappointing result from where the hype started.

No one's fault but my own for looking at early maps, but I still think it's wildly foolish to make Jack the center of the marketing rather than the overall Icons as a whole, then not give Jack (James Keaton) a showcase. I certainly hope they have something else in mind for him.

I enjoyed AoV and truly wish the founders weren't awful people and/or that it somehow could have cut them out and continued with the talented folks that worked on it. Such is unfortunately life and par for the terrible course of the last 18 months.

That said, I'd have been a lot more open to similar-style replacements if the early spec maps didn't literally say "Jack Stage Show" and got my hopes up. I'm sure I'll see whatever show goes in there at least once during our four nights there. As of now, "dance, magic, British" sounds like a very disappointing result from where the hype started.

No one's fault but my own for looking at early maps, but I still think it's wildly foolish to make Jack the center of the marketing rather than the overall Icons as a whole, then not give Jack (James Keaton) a showcase. I certainly hope they have something else in mind for him.

Yeah it sucks that someone who wasn't a complete tool couldn't have taken over. Not that I ever cared about AoV but they seemed very talented and people enjoyed them.

View attachment 15035

I will completely admit that I was one of the folks who initially turned up their nose at AoV. I was bowled over after checking out the show.

I’ll just say that we should all give whatever they’re presenting us with a chance. You might end-up enjoying it.

Oh no, AoV was usually a highlight of my trips on the past years. What’s the controversy around the founders now?
Also, I’m always up for something new or else we end up with a beaten dead horse like Bill & Ted’s.

The Coven looks great. Also could be a nice counterpoint to that Jack the Ripper show Sea Wold has planned.

The problem with more traditional magic shows is that they have little repeatability, which is somewhat necessary in an HHN show. Most magicians have a limited repertoire of tricks they can base an act on--I think Brian Bushwood managed two different shows (each repeated twice a night) but every other performer I recall did the same show 4 or 5 rimes a night. Mock the B&T and AoV fanbases all you want, a lot of Frquent Fear guests made it a point to catch the show every night they came, and that takes bodies off the streets.

I’ve searched and I’ve tried guessing who it could be, but it could literally be anybody from any BGT year. Was really hoping for that Coven group but it is what it is. Whatever it is, as long as it’s spooky, I’m down for anything new.

The coven group seemed like a fantastic fit, but I have faith that the HHN creatives know what they’re doing. We’re bound to have an announcement of some sort this Thursday right?

after the AOV controversy, im surprised of HHN getting another dance type show (specially out of Universal). im not being sarcastic or anything. genuinely surprised, you know that there will be the few out of the loop guests that will still call the new show "AOV" or the people asking on twitter if this is AOV related.
its just interesting, people will keep asking, im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.