Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw at a lot of people at the event last year wearing Goosebumps related shirts.
Goosebumps is a great and a lot of us grew up on it

I wish the films were a bit more creepy like "Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark" or some moments in "Stranger Things"

But otherwise, I think a lot of the Goosebumps subject matter can be/have been covered in other houses

(Without knowledge of where exits are/queues connect/etc)

With the attraction being closed for HHN, I'm going to guess the portal will be set up on South Street, near the Beat Builders set. It'll probably wind us through the outdoor section of the queue and possibly part of the indoor queue, then back out to the tent. Assuming the exit of the tent is on the gift shop side, maybe there's a side door in that area that will spit us out in front of the gift shop? Unless there's a scare zone there.

If there's a zone in San Fran, then maybe we'll loop through the indoor queue, enter the tent from the gift shop side behind the facade, then exit out of the gate next to the F&F entrance.

I put way too much thought into this..
That would make sense. I feel like they could have us enter through the express lane, but exit through the regular entrance

Who knows

Is there any adults animation with horror themes that may be made into a haunted house one day (even if it is not for this year)? I'm just asking out of curiosity. Maybe either Rick and Morty and, unlikely (but possibly) Hazbin/Helluva series by Vivziepop herself are two potential candidates for Halloween Horror Nights, at least to me.

Last edited:
A Goosebumps house wouldn't need to be based on anything in film or TV though. Universal could just go straight to R.L. Stine in an attempt to make a house based on the books.

100%. However, that might be riding the line pretty tightly. I could see Disney potentially seeing that as harming the "family friendly" halo around Goosebumps that they're paying for, and throw some legal roadblocks out.

Uni would likely end up winning that one, but would they want to even start down that road.

100%. However, that might be riding the line pretty tightly. I could see Disney potentially seeing that as harming the "family friendly" halo around Goosebumps that they're paying for, and throw some legal roadblocks out.

Uni would likely end up winning that one, but would they want to even start down that road.
I would hazard a guess, in the contract with the series, there's a clause or a specification that it cannot be used at any other theme park. Specifically, since HHN has been doing more family-friendly things.

Nope.

Goosebumps television/film, which is produced by Sony, is 100% contractually different than the book series between R.L. Stine and Scholastic Publishing. But like, Universal could also just ask to do a maze off of the Goosebumps FILM (which was a Sony Pictures release) and go around the TV show. Disney can't stop something like that from happening if Sony and Universal were to both agree.

I suppose that's a pretty big 'if' as well. Does Sony want to potentially harm a Disney relationship to get a one year cash influx.

Edit: This is strictly referencing using the movie(s), not the books.
I really don't think it would harm their relationship all that much and tbh, they both need each other. Sony needs someone to distribut the show and Disney needs more horror-tinged shows. A lot of their content is very same-y. Marvel, Star Wars, a crap ton of Nat Geo, Disney Channel stuff and that's about it for variety.

I think it's definitely something Universal could do if they really wanted it.

But I'd rather see Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark anyway lol.

That would make sense. I feel like they could have us enter through the express lane, but exit through the regular entrance

Who knows

I could see that as well. I'll be interested to see if we get a house portal next to Minion Mayhem again.

And i'd rather Fear Street over both of those. :lol:

(Actually i'd really rather a The Last of Us maze, but i'm hoping next year is finally the year for that with the show coming out.)
I would love Fear Street for sure!

And TLOU is my number one wishlist house.. so I am REALLY crossing my fingers for next year.

Reactions: Blysthon and Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.