Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone thought about the family friendly IP being The Witches? I could see it working as a house/zone, it fits with the classic movie idea Reesey was talking about, and I could see people thinking it doesn’t belong, especially if it were the reboot. Thoughts?

They'd have to get Roald Dahl's estate on board and that could be a tough sell.

They should honestly just recreate the SNL moment in The Weeknd house at this point…

That's the entry to the house.

Regarding Netflix properties - I thought ST would be coming back next year, but that was before they announced the second half of season 4 was coming out this summer and not over the winter. I'm really bummed about Fear Street being replaced on this most recent map.

They'd have to get Roald Dahl's estate on board and that could be a tough sell.

That's the entry to the house.

Regarding Netflix properties - I thought ST would be coming back next year, but that was before they announced the second half of season 4 was coming out this summer and not over the winter. I'm really bummed about Fear Street being replaced on this most recent map.
Fear Street is a big loss for me as well, but TLOU is my biggest loss. (at least there's hope we get that next year)

If Netflix is in fact not at this year's event - do ya'll think that's a Netflix decision or a Universal decision?

Reactions: Grabnar
Fear Street is a big loss for me as well, but TLOU is my biggest loss. (at least there's hope we get that next year)

If Netflix is in fact not at this year's event - do ya'll think that's a Netflix decision or a Universal decision?

That's a hard question. As I think it makes sense for both to want it. Netflix gets exposure and money for rights and merch. And Universal gets an IP that is easily accessible to the world and will draw in fans that wouldn't normally attend. So to me it's an easy win-win.

I don't think Fear Street is a big as a draw as people here are making it out to be....was it a slasher and fun sure....but the three film series didn't even stay in the netflix top ten that long.
I mean it's obviously not as much of a draw as Stranger Things/Halloween/etc, but 20 million subscribers viewed it - so it's not necessarily something to sneeze at either.

Reactions: Blysthon
I mean it's obviously not as much of a draw as Stranger Things/Halloween/etc, but 20 million subscribers viewed it - so it's not necessarily something to sneeze at either.
By typical Netflix standards, Fear Street didn't actually do that well. And I mean, 52m "households" viewed Triple Frontier. How many people even remember that movie?

I'd love for it to come in, and it almost certainly has a higher profile than some of the other IP I'd love to see at the event (Suspiria!), but it doesn't seem to have actually developed into anything longlasting (something that's become a pretty common problem with Netflix film releases).

I'm curious to see what the first announcement will be, ST or Weeknd? Both are obviously the big headliners, but which one do they consider as the bigger one?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Well this is interesting this could be A24S big hit slasher that could actually draw in the Gp just like ready or not did.

Reactions: Disneyson1
I thought the first Stranger Things house was fantastic and so was the Haunting of Hill House house. The stumble on the Stranger Things 2/3 house was a bit of a bump in the road but I'm hoping Netflix can keep up the HHN partnership and Stranger Things season 4 is a big hit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.