Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current rumor as to what happened with the Netflix deal? Did they just drop out or did something else happen? I’m really hoping that if they did drop out then Evil Dead might enter the picture again, although it would suck to lose Stranger Things.

Reactions: Ahmanet
A 7/3 split would be a dream come true.
While more originals would be great, would that be good for the general public? Obviously as fans we want Horror Nights to keep thriving for years to come, and I’m a little nervous that a lack of major properties for non-die hard fans could put that in jeopardy, especially in a world increasing reliant on digital entertainment. It would suck for the event to lose some popularity in the future due to things such as VR, immersive digital media, etc.

While more originals would be great, would that be good for the general public? Obviously as fans we want Horror Nights to keep thriving for years to come, and I’m a little nervous that a lack of major properties for non-die hard fans could put that in jeopardy, especially in a world increasing reliant on digital entertainment. It would suck for the event to lose some popularity in the future due to things such as VR, immersive digital media, etc.
2021 has shown you don't need a large majority of IP's to bring in people. One or two huge ones alone will bring in both young and old, and when word of mouth gets around about how good the original houses are, well by golly they'll then stick around even longer to check them out as well. Everybody's happy!

2021 has shown you don't need a large majority of IP's to bring in people. One or two huge ones alone will bring in both young and old, and when word of mouth gets around about how good the original houses are, well by golly they'll then stick around even longer to check them out as well. Everybody's happy!

I want to agree with this, but I also recognize that pull forward demand was and is a factor in almost every industry, and we can't assume people hungry for entertainment after being starved in 2020 will continue. As much as I like originals, I personally think massive, recognizable IPs are critical to the continued survival of the event. There always has to be a hook that gets people in the door beyond the diehards, who would attend the event for the originals even if the headlining IPs consisted of The Walking Dead, Scooby Doo, Squid Games, and Iron Maiden.

I don't know why, but something tells me that this year will be EXTREMELY mainstream-friendly. I have a gut feeling we'll get one or more of the following IPs: Halloween, Chucky, or Scream. I do believe that Evil Dead is coming (because zombies). Possibly ST now that we know when the season releases. I'm not sold on The Weeknd though. I feel like HHN has kinda been phasing out musical artists lately. Plus, his tweets are a little ambiguous, he could just be starring in a horror film or something.

I don't know why, but something tells me that this year will be EXTREMELY mainstream-friendly. I have a gut feeling we'll get one or more of the following IPs: Halloween, Chucky, or Scream. I do believe that Evil Dead is coming (because zombies). Possibly ST now that we know when the season releases. I'm not sold on The Weeknd though. I feel like HHN has kinda been phasing out musical artists lately. Plus, his tweets are a little ambiguous, he could just be starring in a horror film or something.
The only musical artist to be featured in a house was Alice Cooper in 2012, Rob Zombie's zone was super popular if I'm not mistaken.

Legacy said no Scream, Alicia's subtly said Halloween is a cover-up for something else (whether that's original or IP is still a big question).

So, this year, Slash is already confirmed for Hollywood, which seems to be an annual thing now. Last year, it wasn't USO who pulled the plug on Billie but rather Billie pulled out. And, I would argue that Rob Zombie was very successful in 29, with both a zone and a house. I would argue the opposite about musicians, that USO is trying to incorporate them more in recent years.

As far as the IP/original split, I definitely don't see Uni ever going for something like a 7/3 split. I think 2021 was an anomaly since it could be marketed as "The 30th Anniversary" and "The First HHN since 2019"
It also wasn’t a 7/3 split. It was supposed to be 5/5. Monsters is considered an IP and, because of the timing, it was easier to replace Eilish with an original than coordinate a new IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.