Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Zones all themed to traditional Halloween; in addition to Scarecrow redux, mutated trick-or-treaters in NYC and a witch zone
This would be epic. Love the traditional stuff. Rememeber the big one in 2015? Forgot the damn name but it was so good.

actually just a plain ole NYC Subway house would be scary AF.

You’re giving me flashbacks to when I waited in line for Puppet Theater and got completely dumped on. Had to walk around the event in flooded shoes. As a Californian, I have never seen rain that bad in my home state. :lol:
I was probably in line by you. That rain in mid-Sept was just insane for it NOT being a hurricance.

This would be epic. Love the traditional stuff. Rememeber the big one in 2015? Forgot the damn name but it was so good.

I was probably in line by you. That rain in mid-Sept was just insane for it NOT being a hurricance.
Psychoscareapy: Unleashed, still one of my favorite scare zones today.

Going way back, the Brendan Frasier Mummy movies were far more action/adventure than horror, but they distilled down to a a pretty fun house. I think you're right, not having to be a straight-up "book report" can give the designers a bit more creative freedom. This ties into why multiple IPs in a single Blumhouse house seems to work well, they only have to hit the highlights.

Also The Mummy Returns (or was it Mummy 3?) probably exemplifies a third IP category, foisted on the event by Corporate Overlords. Sometimes good (Dead Silence), sometimes bad (Dracula Untold).
I will go on record and say that the Mummy house was terrifying back in the day

and Dead Silence is in my top 10, so be still or I shall remove your tongue

I'm an unapologetic HOS fan, and they did one of my favorite Subway themed houses of all time, Taste of Blood

It was basically Hive, but in a Subway......hey wait...Hive 2: Terror in the Subway sounds fun

This tweet's making all the gears turn in my head. Maybe an IP we thought was gonna be a house will end up as a scarezone or vice versa? Or maybe, the biggest rumors end up being false and it's something no one expects?

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
I am definitely getting the feeing there’s a lot about this year we don’t anything about
I posted pages back Imagine Ghost whisperer was the family friendly property maybe it’s that because of legacy’s clue about the ghost girl maybe that’s something we won’t expect legacy did say that there will be movies and tv shows at the event I’m going with that as a rumor.

I posted pages back Imagine Ghost whisperer was the family friendly property maybe it’s that because of legacy’s clue about the ghost girl maybe that’s something we won’t expect legacy did say that there will be movies and tv shows at the event I’m going with that as a rumor.
Remember though, no family friendly property this year apparently. Unless that changed

I have a feeling the speculation game is going to drastically change now. Things are getting interesting.
giphy.gif

I think the best plan of attack is to compile a list of IPs that we know FOR SURE aren't coming. This year may have a lot of surprises, but if we know what it isn't, it's easier to know what it is.

Sometimes squeezing out the horror elements of a particular piece of work leads to a really creative end result

Films like Jurassic Park, although not entirely horror, could work really well if they leaned into the 'escaped raptor' element

The new Jurassic movie is really being hyped as the conclusion of the franchise - what better year to do a Jurassic house...?

• Love
Reactions: lilboosupremacy
So Netflix is off the table we are getting something unexpected the mummy vs the wolfman is not changing including the weekend the ips might be wrong” Hhn twitter did say this year will be scary.

Reactions: londonwerecat
To add onto this - I'm sure there's a bunch of IPs that the designers would enjoy doing. I can't imagine they have too much fun designing things like TWD. Maaaaybe Stranger Things, but I imagine the first time they did it was probably fun.

Smaller, lesser known "Horror fan" IPs are probably a blast to create.

ST1 won HoTY. None of the WDs did. I think that’s telling.

I have a feeling the speculation game is going to drastically change now. Things are getting interesting.
giphy.gif

I think the best plan of attack is to compile a list of IPs that we know FOR SURE aren't coming. This year may have a lot of surprises, but if we know what it isn't, it's easier to know what it is.
It's a nice change of pace to not know what's happening - this thread is melting down trying to figure things out and it's fun to see lol

So if Sam rami is directing dr strange 2” The evil dead rumor might be false I’m not saying it wouldn’t but universal owns a property that was directed by sam rami Im guessing DMTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.