Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's about time I hop on the clue train.

Here's the first, has a fun little double meaning to it:

GWNILJUTWY
(original)

Thought I'd give this one a try for fun. Using a shift cipher, if you move every letter in GWNILJUTWY up five places, you get BRIDGEPORT. It's the name of a lot of places and things, but the most notable would be Bridgeport in Connecticut, a harbor city on the Long Island Sound which dates back to colonial times, and is haunted enough that even the Warrens paid it a visit in one of their cases. Connecting it back to the existing spec map, I think there's two original houses which can line up which may be the double meaning.

First and easiest connection would be Dead Man's Wharf/Seaside Village. While Bridgeport wasn't incorporated as a city until the early 1800s, the area itself still featured a number of smaller villages and harbors along the town similar to much of New England. In particular the village of Newfield's Harbor was apparently a hub of privateer activity during the Revolutionary War. In this case, may be the house will be revolutionary and colonial era pirates, privateers, and sailors stalking a New England fishing village. It'd be a change of scenery from the San Francisco Fisherman concept of Dead Man's Wharf, but I imagine it's similar to Swamp Yeti/Terror of the Yukon, transplanting a similar concept to a new setting.

Second connection may actually be to Wolfman vs. the Mummy of all things. Bridgeport was the headquarters and home of P.T. Barnum, so much so that he was elected mayor in 1875. There's still a long-established Barnum Museum still around today, where one of its most famous exhibits is the Barnum Mummy, which has been on display since 1892. The Mummy connection in the house is obvious, but this could also give us a clue about the location. Maybe the Mummy and Wolfman come into contact at a travelling circus or carnival, with the Wolfman searching for a cure and accidentally waking the Mummy on display instead.

Last edited:
Thought I'd give this one a try for fun. Using a shift cipher, if you move every letter in GWNILJUTWY up five places, you get BRIDGEPORT. It's the name of a lot of places and things, but the most notable would be Bridgeport in Connecticut, a harbor city on the Long Island Sound which dates back to colonial times, and is haunted enough that even the Warrens paid it a visit in one of their cases. Connecting it back to the existing spec map, I think there's two original houses which can line up which may be the double meaning.

First and easiest connection would be Dead Man's Wharf/Seaside Village. While Bridgeport wasn't incorporated as a city until the early 1800s, the area itself still featured a number of smaller villages and harbors along the town similar to much of New England. In particular the village of Newfield's Harbor was apparently a hub of privateer activity during the Revolutionary War. In this case, may be the house will be revolutionary and colonial era pirates, privateers, and sailors stalking a New England fishing village. It'd be a change of scenery from the San Francisco Fisherman concept of Dead Man's Wharf, but I imagine it's similar to Swamp Yeti/Terror of the Yukon, transplanting a similar concept to a new setting.

Second connection may actually be to Wolfman vs. the Mummy of all things. Bridgeport was the headquarters and home of P.T. Barnum, so much so that he was elected mayor in 1875. There's still a long-established Barnum Museum still around today, where one of its most famous exhibits is the Barnum Mummy, which has been on display since 1892. The Mummy connection in the house is obvious, but this could also give us a clue about the location. Maybe the Mummy and Wolfman come into contact at a travelling circus or carnival, with the Wolfman searching for a cure and accidentally waking the Mummy on display instead.

Without confirming or denying anything, the connection is far more direct than those that you listed and while it was a good start, it hasn't quite been landed. Really like the thought process though. Clue 2, however, is a bit of a deeper cut.

BNBAFO BAFO

I would like to put it out there that these clues are not gospel. Of course, nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed! Happy solving :)

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Without confirming or denying anything, the connection is far more direct than those that you listed. Really like the thought process though. Clue 2, however, is a bit of a deeper cut.

BNBAFOBAFO

I would like to put it out there that these clues are not gospel. Of course, nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed! Happy solving :)
Is it because both Bridge and Port are both nautical terms (hence DMW)? Or could it be that that's where the first Subway restaurant was opened

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.