Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine how to do Fear Street - perhaps a megahouse similar to AHS? Although it starts and ends with 1994. Idk I just don’t see it from a design point of view of 9 rooms unless they do each individually in 2022 - 2024.
The Mall (1994)
Hospital (1994)
Store (1994)
Camp (1978)
Underground (1978)
Church (1666)
Mall (Ending of 1666) (Do for 2 Scenes?)
8 Scenes right there. With room for more.
That's personally how I could see them doing it.

Last edited:
Fear Street had a pop up haunted house event that started and ended in a video store. I’ve never seen the show, but it seems like Netflix has already experimented with making it into a live action experience, similar to the Stranger Things drive through event.

They’re currently doing the same thing with Army of the Dead in a traveling VR zombie-blasting experience. I think the fact that Netflix is already building haunted experiences for all three of these IP says that they can be done and that they are willing to explore marketing opportunities for them. I wonder if “The Horrors Of Netflix” could take the best moments from Fear Street, Army, and Bly Manor, maybe a fan service two rooms for Squid Games, with a wholly separate house for Stranger Things… we’ve seen companies spring for two-house years before.

Last edited:
Fear Street had a pop up haunted house event that started and ended in a video store. I’ve never seen the show, but it seems like Netflix has already experimented with making it into a live action experience, similar to the Stranger Things drive through event.

They’re currently doing the same thing with Army of the Dead in a traveling VR zombie-blasting experience. I think the fact that Netflix is already building haunted experiences for all three of these IP says that they can be done and that they are willing to explore marketing opportunities for them. I wonder if “The Horrors Of Netflix” could take the best moments from Fear Street, Army, and Bly Manor, maybe a fan service two rooms for Squid Games, with a wholly separate house for Stranger Things… we’ve seen companies spring for two-house years before.
After having 2 Horrors of Blumhouse houses, I don’t think having a “Best of” Netflix house is a good idea. I’d rather see each property get its own house or even zone.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Genuinely curious for those who want Squid Game, how to make it work? There is absolutely no Horror in the show at all.

The Pink Soldiers are useless until a player loses and there's no way to simulate "playing the game" in a maze setting. I think people see the cool costumes and settings and just jump to "HORROR NIGHTS MAZE" without thinking of the actual substance of the show.
An idea I've been personally thinking of, is why not make it a I.P. original? It's implied there's Squid Games around the world, so it'll be cool to see A&D get creative and make different original games in different states for hhn

Reactions: reeseyNG
I’d bet anything it’s more IPs than originals next year. Executives will see the lower attendance for this year, correlate it with the lower volume of hot ticket IPs, and demand more. Of course, we all know there are more factors in it than that, but the guys writing the checks aren’t the ones with the expertise.

I think stranger things 4 is very likely. Crowds were huge during HHN 28 due to Stranger things. I am a fan of the show so I would think it’s pretty cool

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
No, Halloween 3 has the Silver Shamrock. Chance is an original HHN creation.
Lol I meant does Halloween 3 have a chance. Do you have any information or house thoughts for HHN 31? Your always the goat during speculation season. I know it’s super early

Lol I meant does Halloween 3 have a chance. Do you have any information or house thoughts for HHN 31? Your always the goat during speculation season. I know it’s super early

I personally do not think Halloween 3 has a chance.

Halloween 3 features the Sliver Shamrock. In Hollywood, the Sliver Shamrock was not covered up, breaking the contract between Universal Hollywood and the rights holders. Rumor is, the Sliver Shamrock is why it was why Halloween 3 never happened in Hollywood, and will likely never will.

Guessing Chucky will use a mix of puppeteers and more smaller actors, alongside face characters to represent the kids, Andy, Kyle, Nica, and Tiff. Assuming it happens of-course.

I think Last Night in SoHo, Chcuky, and Nope (I didn't include Nope in my spec list, but I could absolutely buy it happening). All three are not only new IP, but new IP that is owned by Universal.
Nobody went to see Last Night in SoHo and I’m someone that pays attention and I have no idea what Nope is.

I don’t see either being at the event next year.

Is there even a chance?

Please no. Terror Tram in Hollywood? Eh, sure why not. As a stand-alone house? Please no.

I personally do not think Halloween 3 has a chance.

Halloween 3 features the Sliver Shamrock. In Hollywood, the Sliver Shamrock was not covered up, breaking the contract between Universal Hollywood and the rights holders. Rumor is, the Sliver Shamrock is why it was why Halloween 3 never happened in Hollywood, and will likely never will.
Hollywood screwed up big time twice with this and BJ. On an alternate timeline where Hollywood wasn’t so grossly incompetent, it actually would’ve been an alright year had they kept those two IPs. Shame they don’t goofed that much.

As for Chucky, do you think they would do an original take on the IP like they did in ‘09 with Friends till the End, or would they base it strictly on the SyFy series. Haven’t seen the show, but I’d imagine it would be more difficult to pull off.

Hollywood screwed up big time twice with this and BJ. On an alternate timeline where Hollywood wasn’t so grossly incompetent, it actually would’ve been an alright year had they kept those two IPs. Shame they don’t goofed that much.

As for Chucky, do you think they would do an original take on the IP like they did in ‘09 with Friends till the End, or would they base it strictly on the SyFy series. Haven’t seen the show, but I’d imagine it would be more difficult to pull off.

There's a lot they can pull from just the first few episodes alone. Heck, they could even include Curse/Cult, and it might help add a lot more to it.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.