Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, welcome back to this craziness.

-NO ICON (With all the rumored problems A&D had with getting the icons back this year I don't see them coming back for a while. This is not confirmed just what some people have said.)

-Chucky house or zone (It's probably a house, not a zone)
-JAWS (It's time, impossible some may say but nothing is at this point.)
-Video Game property? ( It's time for them to take another shot at this again.)
- Monsters will return
-Netflix property (ST4, MIDNIGHT MASS, OR SQUID GAME)

Zones will be better than the last few years and the formula will be switched up in order for quality improvement.

I might get hate for this but I want to speak my mind. I know that some IPs every single year are declared "Impossible" but I am here to tell you that nothing really is, the correct term to use would be unlikely. Deals can be made and hands can be shaken. Don't disregard IPs with tricky rights or that are owned by rival companies quite yet. Crazier things have happened in our universe than Halloween (2018) joining the lineup, or IT finally making its grand appearance. This could be classified as a Wishlist but if something crazy is circulating in the grapevine don't shut it out, listen to what people have to say.

Nothing is impossible.

I might get hate for this but I want to speak my mind. I know that some IPs every single year are declared "Impossible" but I am here to tell you that nothing really is, the correct term to use would be unlikely. Deals can be made and hands can be shaken. Don't disregard IPs with tricky rights or that are owned by rival companies quite yet. Crazier things have happened in our universe than Halloween (2018) joining the lineup, or IT finally making its grand appearance. This could be classified as a Wishlist but if something crazy is circulating in the grapevine don't shut it out, listen to what people have to say.
I’ve been doing this a long time. You get to a point where you can easily recognize the difference between a “crazy rumor” that is legitimate and “crazy rumor” that’s just wishful thinking. Typically, a true “crazy rumor” isn’t talked about by whisper-mongers until it is. CryptTV was a legitimate crazy rumor. Billie Eilish was a legitimate crazy rumor. Ghostbusters as well. They were unexpected; things that aren’t regularly expected or “requested.”

I tune out people chattering about the Halloween 2018 trilogy. Universal will not pay the licensing costs that Disney would charge for it. They won’t pay because they don’t need to pay for it. They can spend a fraction of the money for Halloween 8: Mikey Buys A Slurpee, and have the same marketing impact.

I’ve been doing this a long time. You get to a point where you can easily recognize the difference between a “crazy rumor” that is legitimate and “crazy rumor” that’s just wishful thinking. Typically, a true “crazy rumor” isn’t talked about by whisper-mongers until it is. CryptTV was a legitimate crazy rumor. Billie Eilish was a legitimate crazy rumor. Ghostbusters as well. They were unexpected; things that aren’t regularly expected or “requested.”

I tune out people chattering about the Halloween 2018 trilogy. Universal will not pay the licensing costs that Disney would charge for it. They won’t pay because they don’t need to pay for it. They can spend a fraction of the money for Halloween 8: Mikey Buys A Slurpee, and have the same marketing impact.
I'm confused, what does Disney have to do with Halloween 2018? They haven't owned Miramax in over a decade. Is their some other connection of which I'm unaware?

It's still probably true that it's cheaper to do 5 then 2018 - but while 1, 2, and 4 have fans, does anyone particularly like 5? Admittedly, that may not matter if you just want the name on promotional materials.

Much like @Casper Gutman, i'm very confused what Disney has to do with Halloween. They sold Miramax in 2010 and it is currently owned 51% by beIN Media Group and 49% by Viacom.

Disney has been gone for over a decade.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper

I just used Halloween 2018 as an example. Tbh I don't give a damn if it comes or not.

Also am somewhat confused by the Disney connection for the new Halloween trilogy.
This may be a dumb thought but Universal did make a crossover commercial with Micheal and Chucky to advertise their new content, which was a fun sight to see but I thought may have had nothing to do with Disney because they would have never allowed that to happen.

Is there even a chance?

Honestly, I think there's a decent shot. I watched The Girl In the Woods and, while I didn't care much for it, I can see the adaptable scenes & monster looks within. Plus, they already have the door prop. I suppose it really depends on how much the park/company executives want to synergize with Peacock and whether that streaming service is performing at a level where they feel it's worth it. I wouldn't hate the house, and I know that despite the vocal disdain for the zone layout and crowds, the photo ops were popular with the GP. It's something I'm squarely on the fence about without knowing more about the data/popularity.

Universal will not pay the licensing costs that Disney would charge for it.

Very good point. Would I be right in thinking Disney paid a pretty penny to Universal in order to advertise the release of H-Kills as much as they did during the event this year? Or is that level of marketing done through a separate entity?

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Very good point. Would I be right in thinking Disney paid a pretty penny to Universal in order to advertise the release of H-Kills as much as they did during the event this year? Or is that level of marketing done through a separate entity?
What sort of in event advertising was there for it? I hadn’t heard anything about that.

What sort of in event advertising was there for it? I hadn’t heard anything about that.

I was referring to the JLC-introduced trailer that would play frequently on the big screens/projections in queue for houses (where house trailers would also play). The new Chucky show and Girl In the Woods trailers also received extensive play in the queue video rotations.

Again, this likely means nothing for speculation since I recall the 2018 Halloween trailer played often on these screens during HHN 28. I was just curious if companies wanting to advertise their properties in this way pay Universal to be included in the queue trailer lineup, or if film advertisement in the park is a different beast altogether.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I was referring to the JLC-introduced trailer that would play frequently on the big screens/projections in queue for houses (where house trailers would also play). The new Chucky show and Girl In the Woods trailers also received extensive play in the queue video rotations.

Again, this likely means nothing for speculation since I recall the 2018 Halloween trailer played often on these screens during HHN 28. I was just curious if companies wanting to advertise their properties in this way pay Universal to be included in the queue trailer lineup, or if film advertisement in the park is a different beast altogether.
Universal was the film’s distributor. Distributor manages advertising.

Hollywood screwed up big time twice with this and BJ. On an alternate timeline where Hollywood wasn’t so grossly incompetent, it actually would’ve been an alright year had they kept those two IPs. Shame they don’t goofed that much.

As for Chucky, do you think they would do an original take on the IP like they did in ‘09 with Friends till the End, or would they base it strictly on the SyFy series. Haven’t seen the show, but I’d imagine it would be more difficult to pull off.
wait, how did hollywood screw up twice? what did they do wrong?

the queue for bride of Frankenstein had the halloween trailer played often in those two big screens, so if you were waiting for legendary or just leaving or entering the park, if you passed by those screens you saw the trailer for halloween kills.
it was played so much I got sick of it lol.
I mention the bride screens specifically because it played so much and anyone walking by the area would see it.

Highest Confidence:
- Chucky (based on SyFy series), I think this is a high likelihood, even though the series is terrible
- Bly Manor or ST4, I feel the ship may have sailed on ST, but I was proven wrong with Walking Dead in the past. Bly feels like a good follow up (of course) to Hill House
- Scarezones in the same spot, and still not great
- Return of some previous original (Hive 2 or something in that vein)
- Return of Nightmare Fuel

Somewhat Confident:
- Eddie as a host or icon in some capacity
- Crypt TV it feels like it may get the Killer Klowns treatment (scarezone then house)
- Halloween or some return of Michael Myers, wishful thinking, something original like TCM
- Universal Monster gets a house (Creature please)
- Run sequel (I'm going all in on Eddie lol) may be an opportunity to work in some Squid Games-esque elements

Low Confidence:
- Channel Zero it's great and it would serve as an opportunity to market it
- 11th House
- Another major price increase

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
They could use BMG for a HHN show, but that's a tight turnaround to demolish and then put up Grinchmas if they want to keep that theater.

As for Squid Game, I've been mentioning it on social media and other places simply because they'll view it as a business/marketing decision versus a creative choice. I'm sure the A&D team can figure out a way to do it, but Squid Game will lose its popularity until season 2 debuts.

A question that I've been wondering since spec started: will the Potter VR construction impact the MIB tent or queue for the house?

It's pretty close, but not close enough to remove it entirely. A quick demo between now and May shouldn't impact it and give them enough time to build the house for September.

I'm hoping they do a proper fall food festival next year when staffing is back to normal and offer some sort of tasting card or make prices lower/stable. Pricing for some of the food options were kind of ridiculous this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.