Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Universal already know what houses they are gonna do for HHN 31 or are they still in planning/contract stages rn?

Slaughter Sinema 2 would be great!

This x 1000!

I also really dig the classic Universal Monster houses they have been doing and I would like them to keep going! I loved how the Dracula brides looked like in the Bride of Frankenstein house. They looked really creepy and scary! Especially the one in the wooden stocks!

Also just go ahead and brings us Leave it to Cleaver 2! I don't know why but there is something so creepy about the mask they wear!

Thought of this for a minute, and decided to contemplate it. There is a good location for near Supercharged that I will argue of. I even did a guesstimate on how they could lay it out. (Satellite imagery from January 9th, 2021)

1636042848429.png

Brown: Normal Queue
Cyan: Express
Yellow: The Maze venue, a .16 acre plot that would be a small bit larger than the MIB tent
Magenta: Exit

I can't see them using Supercharged directly, as that is direct into the queue. So unless you'd want to shift the attraction to just Express and using Single Rider as a main queue option, that'd be the only way you can have it directly in. Doesn't go into Universal Studios Plza, and the only road that would need be redirected would be 5th Avenue for when the event is in operation.

If they add a new venue, this feels the most optimal and least intrusive.

Thought of this for a minute, and decided to contemplate it. There is a good location for near Supercharged that I will argue of. I even did a guesstimate on how they could lay it out. (Satellite imagery from January 9th, 2021)

View attachment 15591

Yellow: The Maze venue, a .16 acre plot that would be a small bit larger than the MIB tent

I can't see them using Supercharged directly, as that is direct into the queue. So unless you'd want to shift the attraction to just Express and using Single Rider as a main queue option, that'd be the only way you can have it directly in. Doesn't go into Universal Studios Plza, and the only road that would need be redirected would be 5th Avenue for when the event is in operation.

They can't use that area, because from what I know its on a major backstage road.

Reactions: GorillaFeces
You know every year when spec happens and halloween comes up its always one of the thorn trilogy or new trilogy thats speculated but i never ever hear talk of universal trying to tackle the rob zombie movies. I know theyre polarizing but theyve done rob zombie stuff a lot in the past few years so why wouldnt they try to get those movies if they were desperately trying to do Halloween?

You know every year when spec happens and halloween comes up its always one of the thorn trilogy or new trilogy thats speculated but i never ever hear talk of universal trying to tackle the rob zombie movies. I know theyre polarizing but theyve done rob zombie stuff a lot in the past few years so why wouldnt they try to get those movies if they were desperately trying to do Halloween?

I'd have to think the Zombie Halloween is untouchable, more so in part towards Dimension Films/Weinstein Company. Could be wrong, and @HHNManics can probably correct me, but I have to think there's reason to doubt they'd do it.

View attachment 15591

This is the kind of oddly specific speculation I really dig. The 10th house location will probably just end up being a soundstage though.

ST4 feels like a lock.

But given that we apparently came close to a Game of Thrones house, I'm surprised The Witcher doesn't come up more. More pop culture penetration than the traditional horror shows, would lend itself to a monster house quite easily.
A Witcher house would *rock*

My Netflix wishes, ranked:
1) Fear Street
2) Witcher
3) Bly Manor
4) ST4
5) Midnight Mass

I think we'll get 2 of the above, but I think MM is the least likely just from the subject matter. It's asking for protestors being about Catholicism and faith.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Yeah they're going to gut the place and use half for the Minions stand-through and the other half for HHN/flex space.
wait I thought that I remembered someone saying that it would be the last Shrek house (insinuating that there would be no more space for a house) or did someone just presume that when they said that Shrek is closing?

View attachment 15591

I like the creativity here, but that would mean you need to figure out a way to get a stand-by and Express queue back to this location, which is right next to two houses as is. I just don’t see them doing that to themselves.

also, any new house location should spread crowds to a new/different part of the park which this doesn’t do. It only consolidates more people into one area of the park.

Reactions: londonwerecat

View attachment 15591

That plot won’t be empty by next year.

I like the creativity here, but that would mean you need to figure out a way to get a stand-by and Express queue back to this location, which is right next to two houses as is. I just don’t see them doing that to themselves.

also, any new house location should spread crowds to a new/different part of the park which this doesn’t do. It only consolidates more people into one area of the park.

How does Parade Building (the structure Beetlejuice is) works? I assume they funnel out over by Curious George, does it not?

And a fair point, one that I could argue with a slight change. Moving the exit over towards NY Street.

1636045375604.png

There are methods that they could take this. But I heavily doubt they'll touch another attraction directly unless if it's an extended queue (like MIB) or directly next.

That plot won’t be empty by next year.

And I won't be shocked if it isn't. Though I guess this is my hill to die on.

Realistic places for an 11th house (imo):
  • Another soundstage (enter next to Despicable Me)
  • New tent behind F&F
  • 3rd Sprung Tent
  • Cafe La Bamba
  • New tent behind Make Up Show

Status
Not open for further replies.