Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you certainly had a lot riding on it being in Puerto Rico
Eh, not that big of a deal to me. Just was kinda shopping for some my culture represented at hhn. But Mexico is cool too. I’ve always wanted either an Aztec original house or a día de los muertos house and this is the closest thing to it

How about we don't joke about that.
How about we not get offended about dark humor on a forum about a HORORR event.

So, the consensus is not this week, but next for an announcement?

Legacy said he heard the 17th for an announcement for a long time...and they preload stuff into the webpages so a leak a week in advance was less-than-shocking.

Weird that they seem to me moving from Thur to Tue for announcements. Friday the 13th seemed like a perfect date...but with the news cycle they'd have had to have briefed the media under embargo and couldn't risk a leak.

Oh, um, nevermind.

Legacy said he heard the 17th for an announcement for a long time...and they preload stuff into the webpages so a leak a week in advance was less-than-shocking.

Weird that they seem to me moving from Thur to Tue for announcements. Friday the 13th seemed like a perfect date...but with the news cycle they'd have had to have briefed the media under embargo and couldn't risk a leak.

Oh, um, nevermind.
A shift to Tuesdays isn’t a bad thing. It extends their engagement cycle, somewhat—especially for joint announcements of IPs.

For example -
Announcement of Tuesday, with blog post.
PRs published on media sites on Wednesday.
Behind the scenes/making of whatevers on Thursday. Double-tap everything on Friday.

Suddenly, what was a two-day cycle becomes a possible four-day.

This is really off topic but I had a random cool idea for if there was ever a scream house in the future, could you guys imagine how cool it would be if at the end of a scream house you got to see ghost face unmask themself to reveal who the killer is and it’s a different character who’s the killer each day? Like at the end of hhn icons captured with a different character being on the throne each time

I think He’s either referring to Candyman in Hollywood or Evil Dead Murdy recently said that the current shakeup with miramax doesn’t change much of current rights issues. Which I guess isn’t exactly deconfirmation but still it’s certainly something

I think He’s either referring to Candyman in Hollywood or Evil Dead Murdy recently said that the current shakeup with miramax doesn’t change much of current rights issues. Which I guess isn’t exactly deconfirmation but still it’s certainly something
Typically (though not always), a change in rights ownership still requires recognition of current, on-going agreements (see - Simpsons/Marvel). Universal tries to have license agreements signed long before March.

Marvel has hired a couple people from 'Rick and Morty' recently ... reading some interviews they are doing lately and it really makes me think that 'Rick and Morty' would take part in HHN if offered.

Not sure of the usual rights / competition question - but I think it would bring lot of money for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.