Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So has there actually been any codenames leaked? Has that even been a thing the last few years?
If I’m correct, houses got multiple code names of IP’s to help with leaks
Not to be vague for attention, but I’m real plugged in this year, and I can confirm that rumors are absolutely nuts right now

The next spec map is going to be VERY different :lol:

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Correct. Codenames are no longer fun nods. It’s all about protection.

Pretty much, a very important thing to remember is Uni knows the fanbase is trying to know. So having IP's as the codenames (and that's multiple codenames for just one house), is a rather smart idea. Not only that, but they're also using IP's that have been discussed ad nauseam in spec threads, making them seem plausible and ultimately be very easy bait for those to take and spin around in the various echo chambers which sends spec into chaos. Everyone's down the wrong path and the actual house is under wraps for a bit longer.

Reactions: Orwellian Wiress
They were trying protect Terrifier (an IP I’m pretty sure isn’t coming) with IT (an IP I know isn’t coming).

Might I repost a comment from earlier this spec season that summarizes why Terrifier would struggle to make it to HHN...
It's sort of an Invisible Man situation. The violence isn't the issue; it's more that the violence in Terrifier is perpetrated on women with a sexual bent and the film's language is pretty misogynistic in general.

It's arguable that Art the Clown demeans and kills women simply because they are women, and that's just not something you want a mass market event. If you have teenagers unfamiliar with that property, you cannot frame that house as positive in that context or say, "Grab the DVD on home video today!"

This is a much longer and complex topic but that's a summary.

Reactions: cenobyte
On the subject of the guitar:
I think everyone's reading into this way too much and it's going to be another rock artist house. The Weeknd was probably the most divisive music house yet, and that might drive Uni to try and get the "veteran HHN crowd" back on their side. Which artist, I cannot say, as my music knowledge is mostly confined to genres you will NEVER see at HHN

On the subject of the guitar:
I think everyone's reading into this way too much and it's going to be another rock artist house. The Weeknd was probably the most divisive music house yet, and that might drive Uni to try and get the "veteran HHN crowd" back on their side. Which artist, I cannot say, as my music knowledge is mostly confined to genres you will NEVER see at HHN
I think Universal's only concerns is getting crowds through the door, they don't care who it is

The Weeknd thing wasn't as much a thing as people on Twitter and maybe the FB groups made it out to be, because they can't go a day without making a "thing" out of something.

Normally the answer is somewhere in the middle, and largely, people just weren't as familiar with The Weeknd's horror visuals as some of us Pop connoisseurs

I think at the end of the day most folks (including us HHN vets) walked away being a little more familiar with The Weeknd's work

Also the house was overall...fine...I would be ok if we don't see a music artist for a bit.

So here's hoping it's Stranger Things...cause...people do be loving that show

I think Universal's only concerns is getting crowds through the door, they don't care who it is

The Weeknd thing wasn't as much a thing as people on Twitter and maybe the FB groups made it out to be, because they can't go a day without making a "thing" out of something.

Normally the answer is somewhere in the middle, and largely, people just weren't as familiar with The Weeknd's horror visuals as some of us Pop connoisseurs

I think at the end of the day most folks (including us HHN vets) walked away being a little more familiar with The Weeknd's work

Also the house was overall...fine...I would be ok if we don't see a music artist for a bit.

So here's hoping it's Stranger Things...cause...people do be loving that show

The Weeknd did exactly what Universal expected it to. The people who scoffed at the idea should wear the egg on their faces. They were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.