Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Monsters so I wouldn't get tired of them quickly lol. Gimme 5 more years of Monsters and I'll be forever grateful.

Tbh, I could also see Universal doubling down on Monsters BECAUSE of Dark Universe. But I think the most likely scenario is that the Monsters are given an "epic" (pun intended) send-off either next year or in 2025, just in time for Dark Universe at Epic Universe.

If they discontinue the Monsters as an annual house series at some point, then the Icons could fill in every year to give us a nod, and they don’t have to be actual icons again to have their own houses, so the IP’s can be first and foremost in the market for the event. I call that a double win for the fans and the masses.

I just hope they stop with the odd choice of putting large props at the center of zones in areas that hurt crowd flow.

(Hollywood is the exception since it's a lesser populated area)
I have mixed feelings about it honestly. On one hand I feel like the scare zones are more immersive and more interesting when the props are at the sides and center and not just one or the other. On the other hand however, I don’t feel like you are wrong either. Especially with the Central Park zone. I feel like that zone just needs to be an atmosphere zone instead of a full fledged zone. Something more akin to what they did at 18.

But if they insist on making it a scare zone, it needs to have props more outside the fence rather than in the pathway. It’s just too crowded now for that mess. Especially on that rather narrow path.

I have mixed feelings about it honestly. On one hand I feel like the scare zones are more immersive and more interesting when the props are at the sides and center and not just one or the other. On the other hand however, I don’t feel like you are wrong either. Especially with the Central Park zone. I feel like that zone just needs to be an atmosphere zone instead of a full fledged zone. Something more akin to what they did at 18.

But if they insist on making it a scare zone, it needs to have props more outside the fence rather than in the pathway. It’s just too crowded now for that mess. Especially on that rather narrow path.
Agreed - I love having props both on the sides and in the middle.

I'd be fine if they just did the pumpkins in the trees at Central Park every year.

I'd be fine if they just did the pumpkins in the trees at Central Park every year.

I wouldn't mind dropping a zone if they gave the rest of the park some decor as well. It's a minor nitpick, but I wish the resort actually celebrated with traditional Halloween decor throughout the parks/resort.

It's been almost 5 years since Central Park has had Jack-O-Lanterns in the trees. Really hope they bring them back soon.

The giant "Halloween Horror Nights" neon sign in Production Central has started to become a "tradition" to me. Would love to see that sign every year from now on. But, I'd like to see the color change to fit better with that year's theme. Last year I wanted it to be orange, but red didn't look that bad.

I wouldn't mind dropping a zone if they gave the rest of the park some decor as well. It's a minor nitpick, but I wish the resort actually celebrated with traditional Halloween decor throughout the parks/resort.
This is something I keep hoping for as well. I’ve been wanting them to have some props here and there between scare zones (obviously not in the way of traffic) to give a more cohesive feel across the board. Always kind of strange when you think about the fact that HHN is actually quite fragmented in design. Obviously it‘s fine. It still works. I just wish for some extra strands between the pieces I suppose is what I’m trying to say.

I think Citywalk with the Dead Coconut Club has been a great idea and I hope they kind of expand Halloween offerings throughout like that. I think it could spread crowds out a bit more honestly.

This is something I keep hoping for as well. I’ve been wanting them to have some props here and there between scare zones (obviously not in the way of traffic) to give a more cohesive feel across the board. Always kind of strange when you think about the fact that HHN is actually quite fragmented in design. Obviously it‘s fine. It still works. I just wish for some extra strands between the pieces I suppose is what I’m trying to say.

I think Citywalk with the Dead Coconut Club has been a great idea and I hope they kind of expand Halloween offerings throughout like that. I think it could spread crowds out a bit more honestly.
Would love to see the Legacy store get a makeover during the Halloween season. Turn it into an HHN Legacy store with props and decorations from years past.

I really hope the Jack-O-Lanterns come back soon! There was something special walking though CP and seeing them in the trees and epically at night!

Same goes for the Pumpkin tunnel for WG for HHN 30 and the made tunnel last year for Horrors of Halloween.

Pumpkins in the trees? Yes please! That is my favorite look ever for that location. Also, I agree that last year's scare zones were the best ones we've seen in years. I think the last full group of zones I really enjoyed was all the way back in 2015. While there have been some good zones since then, overall, it's been hit or miss. I feel like somewhere prior to last year, they lost their way with the zones. It felt more like a series of photo-ops as opposed to a section you are supposed to walk through to be scared.

On a another note - continuing what I said earlier in the thread about announcements, I just had another memory pop up where I shared the Stranger Things announcement on this day in 2018.. I'm starting to hate those memory pop-ups since it just reminds how we have nothing yet this year (I don't count Chucky for many reasons).

I hope we get tossed a bone soon..

it just reminds how we have nothing yet this year (I don't count Chucky for many reasons).

In fairness we have stuff besides Chucky: dates, a slogan, merchandise, single night tickets, basic information. Most of the was announced not long ago as well so they have thrown us a bone already.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Darko
Pumpkins in the trees? Yes please! That is my favorite look ever for that location. Also, I agree that last year's scare zones were the best ones we've seen in years. I think the last full group of zones I really enjoyed was all the way back in 2015. While there have been some good zones since then, overall, it's been hit or miss. I feel like somewhere prior to last year, they lost their way with the zones. It felt more like a series of photo-ops as opposed to a section you are supposed to walk through to be scared.

On a another note - continuing what I said earlier in the thread about announcements, I just had another memory pop up where I shared the Stranger Things announcement on this day in 2018.. I'm starting to hate those memory pop-ups since it just reminds how we have nothing yet this year (I don't count Chucky for many reasons).

Yeah I agree so much on 25. That was the last year where I felt scare zones were great across the board. That isn’t to say years past didn’t have some clunkers of course (Cirque du Freak from 19 come to mind) but since 26, they have felt extremely hit and miss. More so than usual I feel.

And yeah, I want the jack-o-lanterns in the trees from 18 again. That was the best use of Central Park. As it stands now, that area is just too jam-packed and bottlenecked for a full fledged scare zone nowadays. They could get away with it back then, but not now with the crowds as they are.

Also we can agree to disagree on Chucky. I love that series and am super excited for the house. But we are all free to have our opinions.

Imo the show is awful, so it's already at the bottom of my hype list lol
Eh, I like the show personally. Definitely understand why people don’t like it but its honestly exactly what I’ve always expected of this series: ridiculous, but has heart.

Anyway don’t want to start an argument on something as pointless as a show.

I’m just curious how they’ll handle the house. As well as the other houses of course.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Eh, I like the show personally. Definitely understand why people don’t like it but its honestly exactly what I’ve always expected of this series: ridiculous, but has heart.

Anyway don’t want to start an argument on something as pointless as a show.

I’m just curious how they’ll handle the house. As well as the other houses of course.
I just hope they go the puppet route with Chucky

I just hope they go the puppet route with Chucky
Me too, but man I honestly can’t help but enjoy the ridiculous of those costumes from 19‘s house though.

I believe Legacy hinted that they may not go the puppet route unfortunately and instead do the costumed person route like 19’s house instead. Either way, I’m excited to see Chucky at the event again. I always love seeing the slasher honestly. They are sort of my weakness when it comes to this event. Even when others are sick of seeing Michael Myers for the 102nd time, I still keep greeting him with a warm welcome. Same with Leatherface. Just any of the slashers really.

Also seems they are sticking with the 5 zones. Wonder if that will now be a permanent number. They’ve now done it like this since 25 and seems they like sticking to this formula. I don’t mind, as I’ve said before. I’m more just curious if this will ever change or if it’s now a permanent thing.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Me too, but man I honestly can’t help but enjoy the ridiculous of those costumes from 19‘s house though.

I believe Legacy hinted that they may not go the puppet route unfortunately and instead do the costumed person route like 19’s house instead. Either way, I’m excited to see Chucky at the event again. I always love seeing the slasher honestly. They are sort of my weakness when it comes to this event. Even when others are sick of seeing Michael Myers for the 102nd time, I still keep greeting him with a warm welcome. Same with Leatherface. Just any of the slashers really.

Also seems they are sticking with the 5 zones. Wonder if that will now be a permanent number. They’ve now done it like this since 25 and seems they like sticking to this formula. I don’t mind, as I’ve said before. I’m more just curious if this will ever change or if it’s now a permanent thing.
I'll never get tired of Leatherface or Michael at HHN lol. I grew up with those movies, so I have a soft spot for them. Even tho I think the show is awful, it'll be nice to see Chucky again and actually in a house (didn't do the 09 house).

I hope they consider adding a 6th zone around Fear Factor cause that part of the park always feels dead.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Jake S
I hope they consider adding a 6th zone around Fear Factor cause that part of the park always feels dead.
With the FFL show entrance/exit there, that would be a nightmare. If they eventually actually demolish FFL, I can see maybe a zone there but definitely not now.

I agree something else is needed back there as it does feel like a dead zone but sadly I don’t think it’s very possible.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I'll never get tired of Leatherface or Michael at HHN lol. I grew up with those movies, so I have a soft spot for them. Even tho I think the show is awful, it'll be nice to see Chucky again and actually in a house (didn't do the 09 house).

I feel like they at least need to have the Chainsaw Drill Team in areas like that to fill out some of that empty space. I believe at 17 (been awhile) the CDT were in that area as well. I feel like I remember them in between NY and SF. But yeah like that area in front of F&F is big enough I think they could work right there. That being said however, depending on if there will be a house in F&F or not, that house entrance is right there and I don’t know if that could cause problems or not.

With the FFL show entrance/exit there, that would be a nightmare. If they eventually actually demolish FFL, I can see maybe a zone there but definitely not now.

I agree something else is needed back there as it does feel like a dead zone but sadly I don’t think it’s very possible.
Oh yeah putting a zone right next to FFL would suck big time lol. I meant just kind of within that vicinity. Basically, the back half of the park.
I feel like they at least need to have the Chainsaw Drill Team in areas like that to fill out some of that empty space. I believe at 17 (been awhile) the CDT were in that area as well. I feel like I remember them in between NY and SF. But yeah like that area in front of F&F is big enough I think they could work right there. That being said however, depending on if there will be a house in F&F or not, that house entrance is right there and I don’t know if that could cause problems or not.
I remember there being a roaming horde at 25-29 in Springfield. I even remember there being a roaming horde at 26 by Transformers. I legit cannot remember if Springfield had a roaming horde last year lol. I think the F&F area would be a good spot for a 6th zone, but the area between FFL and MIB could serve as a great spot for a zone. It would be small, but enough to bring some life into the area. I don't think it matters if there are house entrances by/in a zone as the Soundstage 24 houses are basically in the NY zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.