Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to congratulate PurpePeopleEater for the quickest ban in history...and advise the mods to check their IP address versus other members as it was clearly a burner account set up to just make that post. Doubt the person is smart enough to change their IP address or use a VPN.
THE SPEED AT WHICH I FLEW TO THIS THREAD AFTER READING THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL.

spec·u·la·tion - the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Speculation should be baseless, that's why it is called, speculation. The fact that Horror Nights Nightmares is the only site that's allowed to "speculate (leaking information)" is the problem.

That's why Universal cracked down, because a few people hold the information and create a toxic hierarchy? You can thank this site, Horror Nights Nightmares and Legacy.
I'd like to take a moment to isolate some of the now-banned user's post.

spec·u·la·tion - the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

There's a big difference between "without firm evidence" and "without any evidence". We've always held the forums to that standard, that the spec has to come from somewhere; otherwise, it would be chaos around these parts. Speculation shouldn't be baseless, because then it would be just spitballin' ideas - which belongs in the "Wish List" thread.

I think we've been fair so far this year letting y'all spec without having to step in outside of a few times. This person has had a grudge for quite some time now, and if he's reading this again - I really do hope you find help because this is an unhealthy obsession.

I was away for a few days, but I think the idea that Universal revive some less popular houses for a second go is a good idea. Like several people said, taking a HOTY and repeating it ends up flopping, but if you take something in the middle of the pack and give it another go, you have a 50/50 chance of it being better than the first time.

Also, I saw Evil Dead Rise over the weekend at the Overlook Film Festival. It's not as appealing for a house as I'd initially thought from the trailers and I'm not all that disappointed about it being unlikely to appear.

Also, I saw Evil Dead Rise over the weekend at the Overlook Film Festival. It's not as appealing for a house as I'd initially thought from the trailers and I'm not all that disappointed about it being unlikely to appear.
Just didn't like it in general? Or just not really something that would translate to a house?

I'd be up for them trying some things again. I'd like to Depths of Fear again with a better Creature design, lol

Reactions: Ahmanet
The idea that Legacy and HNN are gatekeepers to information is hilarious. They're not creating the event or publishing press releases. It started because some fans had fun, and now it's perceived as a popularity contest or influencer game. It sucks now.
I’ve always been pretty open about my motivations: fun. And I have fun during spec season precisely because I don’t attend the event. September-October isn’t enjoyable for me, so I have fun the rest of the year. I don’t do much merch (which barely sells). I don’t create content I can monetize. Shoot, I only started tweeting HHN stuff in the last couple of years. If I’m an influencer, I’m absolutely awful at it.

I also have to be extremely cautious about how I share information because, if I’m not, I no longer get information to share (why that seems so incomprehensible to some people…). There are several people with similar (or more) name recognition than mine that actually know WAY more about the event than I do who say absolutely nothing. I can completely understand someone’s frustration in clues they can’t solve or vague posts that can have multiple interpretations, but that’s the internet. Just accept that everyone isn’t entitled to know everything and move on with your life.

I’ve always been pretty open about my motivations: fun. And I have fun during spec season precisely because I don’t attend the event. September-October isn’t enjoyable for me, so I have fun the rest of the year. I don’t do much merch (which barely sells). I don’t create content I can monetize. Shoot, I only started tweeting HHN stuff in the last couple of years. If I’m an influencer, I’m absolutely awful at it.

I also have to be extremely cautious about how I share information because, if I’m not, I no longer get information to share (why that seems so incomprehensible to some people…). There are several people with similar (or more) name recognition than mine that actually know WAY more about the event than I do who say absolutely nothing. I can completely understand someone’s frustration in clues they can’t solve or vague posts that can have multiple interpretations, but that’s the internet. Just accept that everyone isn’t entitled to know everything and move on with your life.
You mean you can't post vlogs with your face and name to tell us all the info you know without getting cut off from that info?

Blasphemous

You mean you can't post vlogs with your face and name to tell us all the info you know without getting cut off from that info?

Blasphemous
Cease and desists are actual things with actual repercussions. If I get too cute, people around me can get in trouble.

I’ve straddled that line in the past. I may straddle it again in the future. But my ambiguity is, a lot of times, intentional because I’m trying to give my sources plausible deniability.

(And I read your post as sarcasm—this isn’t pointed at you.)

Cease and desists are actual things with actual repercussions. If I get too cute, people around me can get in trouble.

I’ve straddled that line in the past. I may straddle it again in the future. But my ambiguity is, a lot of times, intentional because I’m trying to give my sources plausible deniability.

(And I read your post as sarcasm—this isn’t pointed at you.)
Lol I was hoping you read it as sarcasm.

Reactions: Darko and Legacy
I’ll also say this, I’m certain Universal knows (or at least, has a good idea) who I am. I’m literally their only former employee who was cast in both Screamhouse and Catacombs. A simple match will give it to them . But, again, plausible deniability is the point. My anonymity is purposeful. Most of my sources don’t even know my real name, and I (generally) don’t know theirs. Also, I have a real life completely separate from theme parks. “Legacy” is a character.

All that means that, when Universal does get rankled by one of my statements, it’s generally hard for them to track me down and even harder for them to track down my sources (it also helps that I’m rarely in Florida, let alone Orange County).

This is a very minor nitpick, but the Freestyle machines at the crepe stand need to be relocated during HHN. They always cause a bottleneck up there with groups blocking the pathway and waiting for someone to refill.
While every other Freestyle line was 15 people deep I would always go there and only wait for like 1-2 people max. Not as many people knew it was there because of the fog I think but I never waited more than 30 seconds to use those

Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.