Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah putting a zone right next to FFL would suck big time lol. I meant just kind of within that vicinity. Basically, the back half of the park.

I remember there being a roaming horde at 25-29 in Springfield. I even remember there being a roaming horde at 26 by Transformers. I legit cannot remember if Springfield had a roaming horde last year lol. I think the F&F area would be a good spot for a 6th zone, but the area between FFL and MIB could serve as a great spot for a zone. It would be small, but enough to bring some life into the area. I don't think it matters if there are house entrances by/in a zone as the Soundstage 24 houses are basically in the NY zone.
Yeah I remember there being a Springfield chainsaw horde there for the longest time. And yes there was a chainsaw horde by Transformers at 25 and 26. The only reason I feel they don’t put anything there now is due to the lagoon show. Still wish there was at least something between zones that was Halloween like props or some horde instead of just, you know, more food tents. Not that I don’t like having food of course, I’m a glutton, but honestly wish there would be more atmospherics.

Me too, but man I honestly can’t help but enjoy the ridiculous of those costumes from 19‘s house though.

I believe Legacy hinted that they may not go the puppet route unfortunately and instead do the costumed person route like 19’s house instead. Either way, I’m excited to see Chucky at the event again. I always love seeing the slasher honestly. They are sort of my weakness when it comes to this event. Even when others are sick of seeing Michael Myers for the 102nd time, I still keep greeting him with a warm welcome. Same with Leatherface. Just any of the slashers really.

Also seems they are sticking with the 5 zones. Wonder if that will now be a permanent number. They’ve now done it like this since 25 and seems they like sticking to this formula. I don’t mind, as I’ve said before. I’m more just curious if this will ever change or if it’s now a permanent thing.
When did legacy say that?

Last year's zones were fantastic but man.. 2018 had a great zone lineup imo. The only clunker that year was The Harvest.

I love the zone talk. It's unfortunate that we don't typically hear anything about zones until much closer to the event.

Someone mentioned this previously and it is a bit off topic, but I do wish the park would have just more general Halloween decor during the day.

Someone mentioned this previously and it is a bit off topic, but I do wish the park would have just more general Halloween decor during the day.
I'm honestly a bit surprised that Halloween hasn't taken over CityWalk and IoA any more than The Scarecrow Stalk in some retail locations. It would be a no-brainer to do decorations, some limited time food offerings and/or food trucks, cheap and easy photo ops, etc.

Last year's zones were fantastic but man.. 2018 had a great zone lineup imo. The only clunker that year was The Harvest.

I love the zone talk. It's unfortunate that we don't typically hear anything about zones until much closer to the event.

I liked The Harvest a lot actually if I’m being honest. Vamp ‘85 however, eh. It was fine and pretty fun but honestly wasn’t quite as great as I expected. Still 28 definitely had a pretty good collection of zones overall though.

Also I wasn‘t trying to say that what Legacy meant was that they were genuinely only doing scare actors costumes for Chucky. I more meant that when he said what he said, it was a good assumption to assume they may at least use some actor costumes along side the puppets. That’s why I used the word “may” as in, he wasn’t sure. As I still personally believe they will use puppets mostly for Chucky.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Does it seem like Evil Dead Rise isn't going to be happening? Apologies if this has been addressed, but I haven't seen anything about it in the few pages.

My first year was HHN 28 and I avoided going for all the reasons I experienced my first night; long lines, crowds, expensive, etc. Once I stood in Vamp 85 and the music hit me and the lights and the fog I was hooked. The scare zones last year had terrible music, no lights, no color, and were PACKED shoulder to shoulder.

(My first night at HHN ever was Dead Exposure and Halloween 3. I can't think of two worse houses to experience first.)

Reactions: Ahmanet
My first year was HHN 28 and I avoided going for all the reasons I experienced my first night; long lines, crowds, expensive, etc. Once I stood in Vamp 85 and the music hit me and the lights and the fog I was hooked. The scare zones last year had terrible music, no lights, no color, and were PACKED shoulder to shoulder.

(My first night at HHN ever was Dead Exposure and Halloween 3. I can't think of two worse houses to experience first.)
All those things you mentioned (Especially lack of light) are all things that made many of us fall in love with HHN to begin with. Dark and creepy. HHN in recent years has become a bit too colorful and bright for my taste. That’s why last year’s zones were such an improvement to me.

I’m not saying your taste are wrong or anything. Just that you have a different taste than I do for zones and atmosphere.

Also Dead Exposure was awesome. Both of them.

Last edited:

Halloween 4 was severely underrated.

I have mixed feelings about it honestly. On one hand I feel like the scare zones are more immersive and more interesting when the props are at the sides and center and not just one or the other. On the other hand however, I don’t feel like you are wrong either. Especially with the Central Park zone. I feel like that zone just needs to be an atmosphere zone instead of a full fledged zone. Something more akin to what they did at 18.

But if they insist on making it a scare zone, it needs to have props more outside the fence rather than in the pathway. It’s just too crowded now for that mess. Especially on that rather narrow path.

The barn last year was amazing and the greatest thing they have done in the park. It's Honestly the greatest prop they have ever put here because it was immersive, it allowed for actors to be on the second floor. It gave actors in the first floor places to hide. It was full of props and it didn't hurt the crowd flow.
I really wish this barn structure returned every single year. Change the theme or props but I wanna see it again. It was so amazing

But yes. I wish all props were inside the fence.

I wouldn't mind dropping a zone if they gave the rest of the park some decor as well. It's a minor nitpick, but I wish the resort actually celebrated with traditional Halloween decor throughout the parks/resort.

No. Hard disagree. Strongly disagree on getting rid of one scaresone, because the years we had with scatezones were absolutely awful. Absolutely very awful.
Obviously I love Halloween decorations and I love more props around citywalk or around the resort. But the worst years for the streets of hhn were the ones of only 4 zones because the park truly felt empty
I will take a crappy zone over no 5th zone any day. I remember the year we only had 4 zones and when the house lines got too long, it really sucked.
I really hope we never go to 4 zones or less again.
This is something I keep hoping for as well. I’ve been wanting them to have some props here and there between scare zones (obviously not in the way of traffic) to give a more cohesive feel across the board. Always kind of strange when you think about the fact that HHN is actually quite fragmented in design. Obviously it‘s fine. It still works. I just wish for some extra strands between the pieces I suppose is what I’m trying to say.

I think Citywalk with the Dead Coconut Club has been a great idea and I hope they kind of expand Halloween offerings throughout like that. I think it could spread crowds out a bit more honestly.

I never care much for nightclubs but I spent hours in dead coconut club. Literally hours just hanging out.
Amd I got to meet Frankenstein and dracula and it was really awesome. It was so great. One of the coolest times

The barn last year was amazing and the greatest thing they have done in the park. It's Honestly the greatest prop they have ever put here because it was immersive, it allowed for actors to be on the second floor. It gave actors in the first floor places to hide. It was full of props and it didn't hurt the crowd flow.
I really wish this barn structure returned every single year. Change the theme or props but I wanna see it again. It was so amazing

But yes. I wish all props were inside the fence.

While I also thought the barn was very cool - I have to STRONG disagree that it didn't hurt crowd flow. I don't think there was one time I went through there where it wasn't bottlenecked and shoulder to shoulder. I don't want it to return to that area, for sure, BUT I think it could be utilized somewhere else with more space.

While I also thought the barn was very cool - I have to STRONG disagree that it didn't hurt crowd flow. I don't think there was one time I went through there where it wasn't bottlenecked and shoulder to shoulder. I don't want it to return to that area, for sure, BUT I think it could be utilized somewhere else with more space.
But was the bottleneck because of people standing by it and taking pictures? Or because it hurt the flow?
Because I don't remember the barn having that much space taken from the path. Ill check with my pictures I took but the barn felt really wide.
I don't remember the barn making that area narrow

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Where was the barn? We went the very first week of the event and I can’t recall walking through a barn in a zone.

But I’m old, sooooo….

EDIT: found it on the HHN wiki. The two arches in the scarecrow zone are the “barn.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
But was the bottleneck because of people standing by it and taking pictures? Or because it hurt the flow?
Because I don't remember the barn having that much space taken from the path. Ill check with my pictures I took but the barn felt really wide.
I don't remember the barn making that area narrow
It definitely hurt crowd flow. I would say it came from both, people stopping to take pics and just being there. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the barn and would welcome it back with open arms, but it definitely hurt crowd flow. Even if it was narrow, it doesn’t matter. Just being there took up room and therefor causing it to hurt
crowd flow. Ik I bring it up a lot but as someone on an ECV, I can definitely say it got to be a pain sometimes.
EDIT: found it on the HHN wiki. The two arches in the scarecrow zone are the “barn.”
I would say it was more then two arches.

Those barns were a massive pinch point for the event, mostly because of the Crepe and Cafe La Bamba bar causing lines to spew and block a bit of the pathway as well.

This is a very minor nitpick, but the Freestyle machines at the crepe stand need to be relocated during HHN. They always cause a bottleneck up there with groups blocking the pathway and waiting for someone to refill.

It definitely hurt crowd flow. I would say it came from both, people stopping to take pics and just being there. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the barn and would welcome it back with open arms, but it definitely hurt crowd flow. Even if it was narrow, it doesn’t matter. Just being there took up room and therefor causing it to hurt
crowd flow. Ik I bring it up a lot but as someone on an ECV, I can definitely say it got to be a pain sometimes.

I would say it was more then two arches.

But even if they add props inside the fence it will cause the same problem

But even if they add props inside the fence it will cause the same problem
Any props hurt crowd flow by taking up space and then people hurt it even more by stopping to take pics. But if the props were only inside the fence(as in on the grass where we don’t walk) they wouldn’t be taking up space on the walking paths. People will probably still stop and take pics therefor hurting crowd flow but not as bad as if the props were actually on the walking path. An example of this is the stage in Conjur the Dark from last year. While the stage was still technically on the walking path it was pushed to the side and only in the way if you walked out of the store/exit for F&F. While people stopped to watch the show and take pics there was a walking path behind them.

As the barn was actually on the walking path it hurt crowd flow in every way. It was still nice to see though and I enjoy see It every time. But it would be a lie if I say it didn’t hurt crowd flow. That zone is bad every year due to an already
narrow path, and adding a huge prop like the barn that takes up even more space is going to hurt crowd flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.