Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on the Discord, HNN Mark seems to be teasing that Stranger Things 4 may actually be happening.
I've recently heard this so wouldn't come as a shock and we know it'd be super popular. I'd assume if they're doing ST4 it'd be a mega house or at least be in a larger venue since Season 4 has so much ground to cover? Then if they do S4 this year, they can finish off the series with S5 next year or the year after. Plus they can sell a bunch of Surfer Boy Pizza for way too much money as one of the food offerings.

Stranger Things has been away from HHN for so long - it would almost qualify as a classic now

Timing makes sense to have it this year ... the final season hasn't even started filming yet

Reactions: tankart150
I've recently heard this so wouldn't come as a shock and we know it'd be super popular. I'd assume if they're doing ST4 it'd be a mega house or at least be in a larger venue since Season 4 has so much ground to cover? Then if they do S4 this year, they can finish off the series with S5 next year or the year after. Plus they can sell a bunch of Surfer Boy Pizza for way too much money as one of the food offerings.
Yeah we'd definitely be seeing Surfer Boy Pizza in the same area where Benny's Burgers/Starcourt Mall were lol

If ST is indeed coming, I'd imagine that's something they'd want to announce early though - just like the other times it came.

I remember a few years back some of us were worried that there wouldn't be enough IPs to base houses on and they'll go back to originals being the majority... this year seems like they have enough IPs available to them to cover all houses.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
FYI - I wasn't "complaining". I was simply stating my opinion on that original Exorcist house. I'm old enough to remember when the original came out and how I wasn't allowed to see it until it came out on "videotape" years after the fact. It still scared the crap out of me. If this is a continuation of the story, then that's better. I wasn't aware, and I apologize for my ignorance.

joes post on this page where he said scream says hi. as a result i wondered if things had changed and we may in fact see scream or if its still not going to appear as would love to see the latest scream as a maze

• Haha
Reactions: londonwerecat
Over on the Discord, HNN Mark seems to be teasing that Stranger Things 4 may actually be happening.
Oh God Wow GIF by HBO Max

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Stranger Things just seems a bit out there. Going by how they did the marketing for 28/29. Like they would have announced it already to get people to buy Hotel Packages because it is a big IP... Right...

Reactions: tankart150
Stranger Things just seems a bit out there. Going by how they did the marketing for 28/29. Like they would have announced it already to get people to buy Hotel Packages because it is a big IP... Right...
I doubt it will come now. Seems to be so popular now with everyone wanting season 4 it would have been the Chucky announcement or already announced with the dates. IP rights could have stopped it tho but I would think if it was coming they would have secured the IP a long time ago.

I doubt it will come now. Seems to be so popular now with everyone wanting season 4 it would have been the Chucky announcement or already announced with the dates. IP rights could have stopped it tho but I would think if it was coming they would have secured the IP a long time ago.

I would argue a "primary/spotlight IP" is best reserved for a late May/June announcement. IPs are meant to draw in the general public who may or may not be interested in HHN, especially in the winter/spring when they are planning summer trips. A secondary less popular IP, like Halloween, Chucky, or Haunting of Hill House, should be announced earlier in March/April (or in the case of Chucky in October) to get HHN fans to book sooner than later.

I would argue a "primary/spotlight IP" is best reserved for a late May/June announcement. IPs are meant to draw in the general public who may or may not be interested in HHN, especially in the winter/spring when they are planning summer trips. A secondary less popular IP, like Halloween, Chucky, or Haunting of Hill House, should be announced earlier in March/April (or in the case of Chucky in October) to get HHN fans to book sooner than later.

In fairness ST in the past was announced in April and March. But AHS was announced in August.

That's true in 2016, but in 2017 they announced it March.

Just goes to show how inconsistent they are year after year and seem to have their plans change consistently without a moment's notice.

If i was reading the HHN tea leaves, my guess is with the first two houses Netflix and the Duffers were working with the HHN team closer, allowing for earlier approvals and announcements. Now Netflix and Duffers are more likely to be hands off and Universal needs to run things through them.

Or Universal thinks they can hit several news cycles with major announcements. We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.