Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tent setup looks the same as last year. It's impossible to see the turn for the staircase from that angle.

Last year's tent was technically flush to that back wall. You can see that open area where the staircase is right above the water tower in the photo. You can see an opening in the tent where you would've turned into the scene with the grabber's van after walking down the poster hallway which was a separate structure from the tent. Unless they can cover the staircase or approach the tents elsewhere, that outdoor section seems unavoidable.

I, for one, actually welcome this. Don't get me wrong, speculation maps have always been great and a lot of fun to follow, but at the same time, it always just ruined the surprise element of announcements. Oh man, an IP we've known about for 3 or 4 months!
I have to say it would kinda suck for people from outside the US. I kinda have to plan if it is worth it to go to HHN or if the year just doesn't interest me lineup wise. So Speculation and those Maps really help to see what could potentially come. Obviously they are not a guarantee and I don't take them as such but its always good to have an idea and then make a decision wether or not I will spend my time in FL or fly somewhere else

I have to say it would kinda suck for people from outside the US. I kinda have to plan if it is worth it to go to HHN or if the year just doesn't interest me lineup wise. So Speculation and those Maps really help to see what could potentially come. Obviously they are not a guarantee and I don't take them as such but its always good to have an idea and then make a decision wether or not I will spend my time in FL or fly somewhere else
I go reguardless. Even if you aren’t interested in any of the I.P.’s you never know how good the originals will be. I missed last year because of the Hurricane and I heard it was one of the best years. I’d give anything to experience Dead Man’s Pier, Bugs and others.

I go reguardless. Even if you aren’t interested in any of the I.P.’s you never know how good the originals will be. I missed last year because of the Hurricane and I heard it was one of the best years. I’d give anything to experience Dead Man’s Pier, Bugs and others.
DMP was the best house I've ever done and Bugs was a blast.

If it makes you feel better, I missed 31 - so I missed out on Wicked Growth!

I feel like I have more FOMO for the originals than most IPs too!

Agree that HHN trip planning can be obnoxious, but I think that falls squarely on Universal rather than leakers who aren’t beholden to share any information.

The issue is Uni still running the event like it’s locals only despite how much it’s grown nationally/internationally. The announcements often feel haphazard and random, dropped with little fanfare, the ticket options are confusing and unfriendly to guests who want to spend the weekend, etc. Hell, they even got rid of the website in favor of single splash page. For an event that takes so much extra time, effort, design and labor, they wind up marketing HHN the same way Disney does an After Hours event.

The event information timeline just doesn’t line up with HHN's popularity anymore. Out-of-town guests shouldn’t really be expected to have to book now to lock in a decent rate, or even get a room at all, but they are. And they just need to hope their preferred tickets or house lineup or whatever is good enough to not cancel later.

Side note, it’s also why I think it’s funny when people are excited about not “spoiling” the event with a new spec map. One, this isn’t a book or movie, you can’t spoil a marketing campaign. Two, they’re just gonna rattle off like 5-6 announcements with a tweet and a blog post over three weeks in August anyway. It’s not like they’ve ever treat house announcements as sacred lol.

Agree that HHN trip planning can be obnoxious, but I think that falls squarely on Universal rather than leakers who aren’t beholden to share any information.

The issue is Uni still running the event like it’s locals only despite how much it’s grown nationally/internationally. The announcements often feel haphazard and random, dropped with little fanfare, the ticket options are confusing and unfriendly to guests who want to spend the weekend, etc. Hell, they even got rid of the website in favor of single splash page. For an event that takes so much extra time, effort, design and labor, they wind up marketing HHN the same way Disney does an After Hours event.

The event information timeline just doesn’t line up with HHN's popularity anymore. Out-of-town guests shouldn’t really be expected to have to book now to lock in a decent rate, or even get a room at all, but they are. And they just need to hope their preferred tickets or house lineup or whatever is good enough to not cancel later.

Side note, it’s also why I think it’s funny when people are excited about not “spoiling” the event with a new spec map. One, this isn’t a book or movie, you can’t spoil a marketing campaign. Two, they’re just gonna rattle off like 5-6 announcements with a tweet and a blog post over three weeks in August anyway. It’s not like they’ve ever treat house announcements as sacred lol.
I feel like they could benefit from special ticket options for people from Europe like weekend combos, hotel+ticket+tour packages etc but so far I am happy with Rush of Fear since I usually go in September.

I definitely have to agree when it comes to announcements and marketing but since it works for them they won't change it so we can't do anything about it

vacation packages are on sale and we just had the earliest announcement ever. Universal knows when most people start looking to book vacations for September through October. Anyone looking to book a HHN trip in February or April is going despite what houses are announced.

Also
marketing HHN the same way Disney does an After Hours event

Is so hilariously untrue.

Y’all want announcements as early as possible and Universal waits for the most opportune time/situation.

vacation packages are on sale and we just had the earliest announcement ever. Universal knows when most people start looking to book vacations for September through October. Anyone looking to book a HHN trip in February or April is going despite what houses are announced.

Also

Y’all want announcements as early as possible and Universal waits for the most opportune time/situation.
The normal packages yes but its far cheaper to book a longer stay individually instead of the weekend packages. I usually decide wether or not I go around May/June and most of the stuff is announced around July/August which at that point I couldn't even get time off of work.

Also I think Universal definitely knows when to announce things but I feel like their main focus is really the US (understandably) and maybe the UK (based on the promotions and advertisements they usually get). So for international travelers the late announcements kinda suck sometimes.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Pretty sure the people booking a vacation package this early are also maybe looking for options beyond the included one-night ticket? Which was my point, they're selling packages before we even know what the event looks like. Again, it would be nice to have some options between a one-time ticket and shelling out for a multi-night pass I'd get a weekend out of. I didn't even comment on bad business sense either. Theme parks do annoying things that make business-sense all the time, look at Genie+!

Fair, I was mostly being facetious about the website page. But yes, it's true I would like to know what houses are coming before I book a trip.

Also to be honest I'm going to take any insider's opinion on announcement timetables with a massive grain of salt. I'm guessing you have a way better sense of what's going on behind-the-scenes than most of us here, so to act like I'm being ungrateful because I wish the company would release information I need for trip planning earlier is massively condescending.

Also

I agree with you. Even if the announcement timing is frustrating for us fans, the marketing team knows what they are doing with the dates they pick. Some people seem to think that Universal isn't a business and doesn't plan the things they do. I personally think that the announcements are timed well. People book their vacations roughly 90 days in advance, so it makes sense.

After I heard that HHN Nightmares was just going “to sit back, and just let Universal announce their houses,” I got really nervous. I actually need speculation maps to help me understand what (could potentially) be coming, in order to tamper/hype my anticipation for the event. That way I don’t end up disappointed with a potential weak line-up when Universal announces things.

Does anyone know if there is still going to be a speculation map in the near future? I am not at all sold on the idea of “No more Speculation maps.”

Reactions: Ahmanet
After I heard that HHN Nightmares was just going “to sit back, and just let Universal announce their houses,” I got really nervous. I actually need speculation maps to help me understand what (could potentially) be coming, in order to tamper/hype my anticipation for the event. That way I don’t end up disappointed with a potential weak line-up when Universal announces things.

Does anyone know if there is still going to be a speculation map in the near future? I am not at all sold on the idea of “No more Speculation maps.”
It's ok to have no expectations for the event. In my opinion, sometimes it's best not to know what is coming to the event and just be surprised.

If you absolutely need it, You can always follow a certain spec map creator that I will not name, but I don't recommend it.

On the HHN announcement/marketing stuff, the majority of those planning to visit HHN probably won't even think about it until June/July... but that doesn't mean they can't give us a nugget or two in May.

With that said, HHN should just give us one announcement in Spring to sell some hotels, and then drop things every other week in Mid-June through August.

Status
Not open for further replies.