Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rights holders want approval of how things are presented. Simple as that. Two people took photos with the doll in the Exorcist house and it got out and the rights holder was not happy.
I might be misremembering but didnt something similar happen with Ghostbusters and people taking pictures I think of Slimer.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Ahmanet
Yeah, this has always been a little tiny baby gripe of mine, but it is what it is at this point. Ironically enough, I think they still direct a lot of attention to the fans and the minuscule details, but through things that are more profitable for them now like the Tribute Store. None of that changes the fact that the social media for the event is, and has been for years, painful.
Yes, in that respect it’s particularly notable - as social media and going viral became more and more important, Uni actually eliminated campaigns that were perfect for social media and going viral!

And I was under the impression that Uni was being significantly more aggressive about stopping any leaks this year, resulting in the garbled messages we’re getting from insiders.

I know that, for various reasons, certain IPs need to be kept under wraps - but it seems like the originals offer an opportunity to throw some chum to the fan-sharks once in a while.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I might be misremembering but didnt something similar happen with Ghostbusters and people taking pictures I think of Slimer.

For some reason I thought Ghostbusters wasn't even included in the Unmasking tours
A construction worker posted the Slimer effect on socials way before the event opened.

Yes, in that respect it’s particularly notable - as social media and going viral became more and more important, Uni actually eliminated campaigns that were perfect for social media and going viral!

And I was under the impression that Uni was being significantly more aggressive about stopping any leaks this year, resulting in the garbled messages we’re getting from insiders.

I know that, for various reasons, certain IPs need to be kept under wraps - but it seems like the originals offer an opportunity to throw some chum to the fan-sharks once in a while.
Universal has always been aggressive about stopping leaks. They're just getting better at stopping it.

Ahh yes, the act of teasing me and having me question whether they are trolling or this is actually apart of the theme this year lol.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Photos were allowed in parts of Ghostbusters. I remember specifically that I could take photos in the firehouse scene, but only from the perspective that a guest walking through the house at night would be able to. I couldn't take photos from the opposite end of the room.

My understanding of the Exorcist were that someone took suggestive photos with the Reagan prop and that's why it got yanked from the tour.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Photos were allowed in parts of Ghostbusters. I remember specifically that I could take photos in the firehouse scene, but only from the perspective that a guest walking through the house at night would be able to. I couldn't take photos from the opposite end of the room.

My understanding of the Exorcist were that someone took suggestive photos with the Reagan prop and that's why it got yanked from the tour.
You couldn't take pictures of the proton packs in that scene, which was particularly annoying because identical packs were also in the Tribute store and, later, the Legacy store! It's the seeming arbitrariness of the photo restrictions that's most annoying.

I’m not sure if this is considered speculation, but a teaser trailer for FNAF dropped and I honestly feel like if the exorcist didn’t do so well in test screenings, I can totally see them doing a double feature to help out that house. People are going nuts over socials right now and it’s a bonafide way to generate cash. They could go the TLOU route too and base it on the game. I just don’t see how UO wouldn’t be looking for a way to capitalize on it this year, there’s so much more synergy and buzz on it than The Exorcist.

I’m not sure if this is considered speculation, but a teaser trailer for FNAF dropped and I honestly feel like if the exorcist didn’t do so well in test screenings, I can totally see them doing a double feature to help out that house. People are going nuts over socials right now and it’s a bonafide way to generate cash. They could go the TLOU route too and base it on the game. I just don’t see how UO wouldn’t be looking for a way to capitalize on it this year, there’s so much more synergy and buzz on it than The Exorcist.

It's absolutely surreal to me that FN@F is "nostalgic" now...this year's graduating class was starting fourth grade when it came out.

In other words, it may have been smart on Uni and BH's part to wait this long.

You could interpret HHN's latest post to be that there are clues hidden around the park right now

Free idea to any vlogger for easy views

(FNAF trailer looks perfect also)

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I just have no idea why they'd go with a last minute simultaneous release this year if the movie was actually good.

The generous answer: To prop up Peacock, which badly needs content, and make sure the film reaches the significant portion of FNAF's core audience that is not old enough to actually see an R-rated movie.

The less generous answer: The movie is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.