Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a warning flare to all would-be leakers and those that have received leaked information:

As a general PSA for those that would like to see certain IP's come to the event. HHN is in actual jeopardy of losing one or more of the speculated IP's if information is leaked. If you want to see some of your favorite characters/sets/movies/shows come to life and you have certain info on some or all of them, please, for the community's sake, keep it to yourself.

It's at level: "F around and find out." And it may be the reason we can't have nice things.

Thank you.
Legit curious how the money thing works between Uni and the IP owner. Are you saying the IP owner would pull out last minute bc of leaked info? To me, and I know nothing, thats seems like a really bad business decision.

Reactions: dxwwf3
Legit curious how the money thing works between Uni and the IP owner. Are you saying the IP owner would pull out last minute bc of leaked info? To me, and I know nothing, thats seems like a really bad business decision.
It was explained better a few pages ago but these business decisions are not always about the money they get from from licensing their IP.

If someone were to leak pictures or plans of a house before HHN, it will be in a very unfinished state before the effects of lighting, scare actors and even finishing touches are added. This will obviously look bad and create a bad taste in peoples mouth before they even are able to experience the attraction for themselves.

It is very hard to overcome bad first impressions and to add to that, the IP holder expects Universal to keep leaks under wraps. How would you feel as an IP holder if something you are carefully curating is leaked because Universal can’t keep its staff from leaking? It looks bad on universals part and would keep other production companies from working with them in the future.

It was explained better a few pages ago but these business decisions are not always about the money they get from from licensing their IP.

If someone were to leak pictures or plans of a house before HHN, it will be in a very unfinished state before the effects of lighting, scare actors and even finishing touches are added. This will obviously look bad and create a bad taste in peoples mouth before they even are able to experience the attraction for themselves.

It is very hard to overcome bad first impressions and to add to that, the IP holder expects Universal to keep leaks under wraps. How would you feel as an IP holder if something you are carefully curating is leaked because Universal can’t keep its staff from leaking? It looks bad on universals part and would keep other production companies from working with them in the future.
ok so you guys are more specifically talking about PHOTOS of an unfinished house and not so much INFO that a house is coming? Ok I can sorta get behind that. IDK just in my head if I own Pumpkinhead (you listening USO????) and its coming to HHN and word gets out a month before its official Im not sweating it to much. In fact it probablty happens more times than not at HHN.

Now... dammit I had another thought as I was typing the above paragraph and forget it already LOL

Also... I wonder what the percentage is of people on these HHN forums compared to the people that walk through the gates? Im sure this correlation has been made before, but dont think I could even guess.

ok so you guys are more specifically talking about PHOTOS of an unfinished house and not so much INFO that a house is coming? Ok I can sorta get behind that. IDK just in my head if I own Pumpkinhead (you listening USO????) and its coming to HHN and word gets out a month before its official Im not sweating it to much. In fact it probablty happens more times than not at HHN.

Now... dammit I had another thought as I was typing the above paragraph and forget it already LOL

Also... I wonder what the percentage is of people on these HHN forums compared to the people that walk through the gates? Im sure this correlation has been made before, but dont think I could even guess.
Yes speculating or talking about a certain house -no one is worried about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
anigif_sub-buzz-2273-1644258184-3_preview.gif

I came here to look for the “WHERE’S MAH ANNOUNCEMENT!!?!?!?” posts and I’m disappointed. I was kind of hoping for a mental breakdown on this thread about announcements when there was supposed to be one.

But I wasn’t expecting one anyway. I’ve been around long enough to know that announcements almost never get announced on time. Even Murdy himself in Hollywood will get announcements wrong a lot. I remember there was one time he pricked his thumbs three times before an announcement happened.
Wasn't he told to knock it off after that lol

I don’t think we’ll get an announcement this week. I think it will be more than likely be next week after the panel happens.

Here’s the only real picture of Dr Oddfellow that exists

IMG_2487.jpeg

Here’s the backstory for that house

After Jack escaped from Shadybrook Rest Home and Sanitarium, he went out to seek revenge on Dr. Oddfellow for having him murdered. In the dark of night, Jack stalked into the tents and took his long-overdue vengeance. He murdered Dr. Oddfellow and took his most prize possession, a silver-headed cane of souls (which also presumably what kept Oddfellow alive and in motion for 80 years).

Here’s the promo video HHN posted earlier where it looks like the radio host gets possessed. Wonder if they are trying to add to his backstory that he stole the souls of patrons from that carnival.

Last edited:
This… has been an annoying speculation season.

I really liked having a fairly firm idea of what was coming before it was officially announced because it was like having the reveal twice - the first time in broad outlines one could speculate around, the second time with more details to fill out the picture.

None of this speculation-season stuff will change the success of the event, so it doesn’t matter much at all. But for about a decade one of the things Uni did a LOT better then WDW was act like they appreciated the most dedicated fans and enjoyed “playing” with them. Sure, that’s an illusion, but it’s a useful one for both the company and the fans. Lately, there’s been a slight sense that that’s slipping way - a minor thing, but a shame.

None of this speculation-season stuff will change the success of the event, so it doesn’t matter much at all. But for about a decade one of the things Uni did a LOT better then WDW was act like they appreciated the most dedicated fans and enjoyed “playing” with them. Sure, that’s an illusion, but it’s a useful one for both the company and the fans. Lately, there’s been a slight sense that that’s slipping way - a minor thing, but a shame.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm mistaken) he's referring to the more immersive, lore-heavy websites that heavily hinted at each attraction far before they were officially announced. I miss them, too, but I get that the event has reached a stage where they aren't practical (even if anyone had the time/bandwidth to make them) for a litany of reasons.

I'm assuming (and correct me if I'm mistaken) he's referring to the more immersive, lore-heavy websites that heavily hinted at each attraction far before they were officially announced. I miss them, too, but I get that the event has reached a stage where they aren't practical (even if anyone had the time/bandwidth to make them) for a litany of reasons.
Nobody is going to not come to HHN this year because they didn’t do a deep-dive lore into the event’s theme/backstory/icon/icon’s favorite menu item at Subway. Okay, maybe like 12 people will stop going, but they’ll get quickly replaced by other people going.

None of this speculation-season stuff will change the success of the event, so it doesn’t matter much at all.

Nobody is going to not come to HHN this year because they didn’t do a deep-dive lore into the event’s theme/backstory/icon/icon’s favorite menu item at Subway.
these statements are not at odds. they're just saying they miss something from past speculation seasons.

That’s a big part of it, yes - and I’m not sure those aren’t practical for an event of this size, I suspect it’s more that they don’t demonstrate an adaquate financial return for the expense needed to create them (Which, sure, from Uni’s perspective makes them impractical). But those are long gone.

This season, from what our insiders are telling us, there’s an increasingly aggressive effort to thwart the kinds of leaks we’ve enjoyed in the past. While this is understandable from Uni’s perspective, it contributes to a slight sense that dedicated fans are a nuisance - sure, it’s not even a sliver of the fans-as-nuisance sense places like Disneyland conveys, but in the past it’s something Uni has skillfully and totally avoided. This is all exacerbated by the decision to bunch all the announcements up closer and closer to the event.

Again, none of this is a big deal, none of it’s going to impact the event, none of it’s going to alter my own plans.

That’s a big part of it, yes - and I’m not sure those aren’t practical for an event of this size, I suspect it’s more that they don’t demonstrate an adaquate financial return for the expense needed to create them (Which, sure, from Uni’s perspective makes them impractical). But those are long gone.
Yeah, this has always been a little tiny baby gripe of mine, but it is what it is at this point. Ironically enough, I think they still direct a lot of attention to the fans and the minuscule details, but through things that are more profitable for them now like the Tribute Store. None of that changes the fact that the social media for the event is, and has been for years, painful.

Reactions: Ahmanet

This season, from what our insiders are telling us, there’s an increasingly aggressive effort to thwart the kinds of leaks we’ve enjoyed in the past. While this is understandable from Uni’s perspective, it contributes to a slight sense that dedicated fans are a nuisance - sure, it’s not even a sliver of the fans-as-nuisance sense places like Disneyland conveys, but in the past it’s something Uni has skillfully and totally avoided. This is all exacerbated by the decision to bunch all the announcements up closer and closer to the event.

Again, none of this is a big deal, none of it’s going to impact the event, none of it’s going to alter my own plans.

I def do miss the websites of the past, but I don't think this Spec Season is on the shoulders of Universal at all. That's where I was getting confused.

This is just me being curious - but spinning off the IP leaking/licensing stuff..

IP Holders not wanting their property to be seen prior to announcement - is this also why pictures are prohibited for some houses for the Behind the Screams tours?

This is just me being curious - but spinning off the IP leaking/licensing stuff..

IP Holders not wanting their property to be seen prior to announcement - is this also why pictures are prohibited for some houses for the Behind the Screams tours?

Rights holders want approval of how things are presented. Simple as that. Two people took photos with the doll in the Exorcist house and it got out and the rights holder was not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.