Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I wouldn’t expect anything until the last week of June or first week of July.
I could see the next announcement somewhere around there.
A house announcement every other Thursday until July 27th gives us 3 announcements, perfect for announcing 3 more IPs before the original dump.
Still have a feeling Chucky will be re-announced and be given a proper video that aligns with the rest of the IPs.

I know there's an incredibly high chance that the next announcement will be an IP, but both 2018 and 2019 announced the sequels to Dead Exposure/Nightingales pretty early on, and they certainly weren't the best haunts ever.

With Dead Man's Pier being so successful last year and even getting the General Public to rave about it (same with Bugs, to a lesser extent) could Dragons/Oddfellow or any other original be announced earlier? I personally know a few people who attended last year for the first time because of The Weeknd, and returned multiple nights because of Dead Man's Pier. Any chance they try and capitalize on that?

Reactions: Ahmanet
I know there's an incredibly high chance that the next announcement will be an IP, but both 2018 and 2019 announced the sequels to Dead Exposure/Nightingales pretty early on, and they certainly weren't the best haunts ever.

With Dead Man's Pier being so successful last year and even getting the General Public to rave about it (same with Bugs, to a lesser extent) could Dragons/Oddfellow or any other original be announced earlier? I personally know a few people who attended last year for the first time because of The Weeknd, and returned multiple nights because of Dead Man's Pier. Any chance they try and capitalize on that?
I think the "original dump" is here to stay.

The original Dead Exposure was considered the best house of one of the consensus top years of the event. Same with Nightingales. Individual announcements for their sequels fit because they were, essentially, known IPs. Individual announcements for pure originals (that aren’t sequels) are less attractive.

If there’s one thing I’d want for a Late 60’s and Early 70’s Vamp zone that might happen is a shirtless Iggy Pop vampire for a captivation of outrageous but unpredictable stage antics as a reminder of his iconic live performance.

I don’t expect any singular original announcements anymore unless they have a clear marketing and merch advantage like ICONS: Captured did. The only one of the original houses that could even have an argument for that this year is the dragons house and that’s only if it ends up being DD themed. But even then, that probably only draws interest from diehard universal Orlando fans over the age of 30 who still have an attachment to the ride.

Oddfellow maybe has the tiniest of a case too but that probably only gets attention from diehard HHN fans who spend their time on discords and forums during off seasons speculating on houses for the upcoming seasons.

I don’t expect any singular original announcements anymore unless they have a clear marketing and merch advantage like ICONS: Captured did. The only one of the original houses that could even have an argument for that this year is the dragons house and that’s only if it ends up being DD themed. But even then, that probably only draws interest from diehard universal Orlando fans over the age of 30 who still have an attachment to the ride.

Oddfellow maybe has the tiniest of a case too but that probably only gets attention from diehard HHN fans who spend their time on discords and forums during off seasons speculating on houses for the upcoming seasons.

I think Oddfellow only gets an announcement if the house ends up leaning to the origins of Jack. (Note: I have no idea what the house does and does not include.)

I think Oddfellow only gets an announcement if the house ends up leaning to the origins of Jack. (Note: I have no idea what the house does and does not include.)
This was my thought. If they promote it as, “What made this clown so sinister?” Then, yes. It probably will be individual. I kind of hope it’s not in your face about Jack. The HHN diehards know it’s Jack’s start. So be subtle about it. Maybe at the end have a big Easter egg.

Despite what is fans want sure an all original drop just makes more sense and I'm guessing it will follow the same podcast release aswell from universal. I really enjoyed the audio they put out last year about the oringal houses and scare zones stories
I really would love for them to start doing an event podcast/chat like they did for HHN 28. I feel like that was really helpful for my first visit and help me understand what the event would contain and all the merch and food to look out for. I always thought it was weird they only did it for Stranger Things that one year. I guess they never had a show of that caliber, but walking dead has to be as big.

The amount of people I see on the HHN group angry at the idea of it coming is so funny to me.

I get if you don't like the show, whatever - but Season 4 translates so perfectly to a house. It's the only season (outside of maybe the 1st) that just felt like a straight up horror movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.