Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will teach WB’s executives to not F around going forward. This is them finding out what happens when they constantly burn bridges.

*looks at everything current WB management is doing all over the place*

Something tells me that's not gonna happen. lol

(A good opportunity to point out that the constant shuffling of corporate executives and priorities are together a big reason why WB properties are sometimes available when they previously weren't, for what it's worth!)
Wasn’t 2016’s The Exorcist house a joint venture with WB?

If so, what could that mean for the rumored house this year?

Orlando does have a history of using Hollywood houses after the fact. Maybe we finally get Holidayz as a house.
There's only been 1 case of Orlando doing a Hollywood original: La Llorona
OR, did Hollywood use Orlando’s idea, but just drop HR Bloodengutz from the equation?

Also, Holidayz was fine, but Bloodengutz was better.

I am hoping it is a full blown Christmas set house.
Wouldn't surprise me if Murdy was inspired by Holidays of Horror, considering the planned original house for 2020 and Scarecrow from last year.

There's only been 1 case of Orlando doing a Hollywood original: La Llorona

Wouldn't surprise me if he was inspired by it, considering the planned original house for 2020 and Scarecrow from last year.
I mean, I would count Alice Cooper.

You can make a case for House of 1,000 Corpses as well, though with a movie based IP it gets a bit hazier.

Either way, I would rather a complete Christmas/Winter setting beginning to end than a holiday anthology house.

I mean, I would count Alice Cooper.

You can make a case for House of 1,000 Corpses as well, though with a movie based IP it gets a bit hazier.

Either way, I would rather a complete Christmas/Winter setting beginning to end than a holiday anthology house.
Personally, I don't count Alice Cooper as an original. But I could see the argument for counting it.

A full-blown Christmas house would be fun. Honestly, I'd be down for a return/reboot of Home For The Holidays.

When it comes to the new film coming out, WB isn't in the picture. Morgan Creek Entertainment owns the rights to the Exorcist. Blumhouse is co-producing, and Universal is the distributor.
Yes, for the update that is true.

People seem to keep going back and forth on if this is going to be the original movie as an anniversary celebration or the update itself.

If WB is a problem again, then that basically counts the original film out.

Yeah, I mean, we don't have much to go off of in the recent past, but TWD house/scarezones were announced on the same day in 2013.

Unfortunately, Hallowed is very much so not respected for a multitude of reasons hah. They bet the house on Nope last year, have a history of just waiting until actual insiders post scoops on here and the Discord to post their maps, etc. It's essentially just what I compiled from all of the rumors/actual insiders back in mid-May (in the below quote), but swapping the Japanese Myth for Yeti/Swamp Ape which was added to the discussion mere days after my summary. Their maps this year have had things such as: 11 houses (only after it was discussed on Discord), a Ghost scarezone, Evil Dead, "Mystery Metal IP" (after the guitar/lightning bolt were posted on the HNNightmares map), Leave It To Cleaver 2, DMP 2, Dawn FM, Saw, Lair of The Banshees (after HNNightmares put it on their V1 map), etc.
They also were double and tripling down on Demon Slayer coming after many insiders on here said it wasn’t happening.

Side note: I know we need to take HoH with a grain of salt, but they had Evil Dead Rise on the Hollywood map. I would be jealous if they got it and we didn’t. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and think it would translate very well into a house.

They also were double and tripling down on Demon Slayer coming after many insiders on here said it wasn’t happening.

Side note: I know we need to take HoH with a grain of salt, but they had Evil Dead Rise on the Hollywood map. I would be jealous if they got it and we didn’t. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and think it would translate very well into a house.
That house would be great! The sounds of the demon chanting alone…….

That is true, Universal isn't afraid of crowds.
Best tangential example I can give is Outback. In the 90s (and to a lesser extent today), Outback was synonymous with 2-hour waits. What it was known for, and #1 guest complaint. So they built a mega-Outback in Tampa, triple the size of a typical restaurant. Pretty much everyone seated instantly. Place couldn't get enough business. Guests would think being seated quickly in a half-empty Outback (still 150% the crowd of a normal restaurant) meant that it must not be any good--the best Outbacks are full with a huge wait,

I'm sure Universal loves huge HHN lines in every influencer's video/reel/story. Makes the event look hugely popular, and probably inspires quite a few casual viewers to look into Express. When you're Disney and your once-every-three-years guests face huge crowds, it can become a problem. But Opening Weekend is all multi-night regulars anyway, they expect (and secretly love) the madness.

I would guess each one of the three friends get to star in an announcement video

Next one would be Vecna related

Last one would be the 'Universal Investigator' dude and a UCM

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I would guess each one of the three friends get to star in an announcement video

Next one would be Vecna related

Last one would be the 'Universal Investigator' dude and a UCM

I don't see them announcing ST next, while on one hand I could see them announcing two big IP's back to back...I honestly think something like ST is best as the last IP to be announced as a major mic drop which coincides with the release of FFP's.

I don't see them announcing ST next, while on one hand I could see them announcing two big IP's back to back...I honestly think something like ST is best as the last IP to be announced as a major mic drop which coincides with the release of FFP's.
I honestly think Monsters is next. When? No idea because I don't know when Villain-Con is opening and I'm sure Universal would not want HHN and Minions colliding.

Status
Not open for further replies.