Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 290 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omeone already mentioned doing Stay & Scream and brought up the harsh adjustment your eyes go through transitioning from bright sunlight to the dark haunted houses... I know it doesn't get dark very early in the evening in summer, but the situation definitely gets better as the event drag on. Obviously, you can't block out the light at its' origin, but wearing sunglasses and shielding your eyes before entering your first couple of houses should help. Optimally, I think I'd choose to ship off on my HHN32 expedition sometime in October.iykyk
I know it sounds kind of dumb, but I use it every year and it totally works...
Keep one eye closed until you're well into the entrance of house.

Your eyes will naturally want to equalize, and since one has been seeing nothing but darkness, you end up being able to see pretty well.

Combine that with sunglasses until you're right up against the house, and you'll be good.

Your eyes will naturally want to equalize, and since one has been seeing nothing but darkness, you end up being able to see pretty well.

Combine that with sunglasses until you're right up against the house, and you'll be good.
Can confirm this works decently well, though you might get some funny looks if you forget sunglasses that day.

Fun fact: the trope of pirates wearing eye patches originated from a similar struggle. Keeping one eye covered helped ease the transition from the brightly lit upper deck to the dimly lit lower decks of ships.

Migraine sunglasses are like $10 on amazon, extremely dark and perfect for the event

Just remember to put them back on before leaving the house lol

Reactions: londonwerecat
Fun fact: the trope of pirates wearing eye patches originated from a similar struggle. Keeping one eye covered helped ease the transition from the brightly lit upper deck to the dimly lit lower decks of ships.
was about to say the same thing. well except for one-eyed willie of course... legit cyclopes.

I don't post super often, and this is probably more directed at posts from further in the past (the odd ones projecting doom and gloom,) but I'd just like to offer some unsolicited advice to my fellow Horror Nights fans with killer passion for the event. Here's the deal, and please don't get it twisted -- for anyone feeling unhinged...

Try to collect your emotions and not to get your blood boiling over things that have yet to come. With some proper planning, everyone's fate is nearly guaranteed: a great time.

Someone already mentioned doing Stay & Scream and brought up the harsh adjustment your eyes go through transitioning from bright sunlight to the dark haunted houses... I know it doesn't get dark very early in the evening in summer, but the situation definitely gets better as the event drag on. Obviously, you can't block out the light at its' origin, but wearing sunglasses and shielding your eyes before entering your first couple of houses should help. Optimally, I think I'd choose to ship off on my HHN32 expedition sometime in October.iykyk
I always kinda liked going into a house kinda blinded. It makes it somewhat scarier.(Maybe that’s bc I go multiple times a year)

Looking forward (not the crowds) to this year. I was kind of expecting a quieter event year with low attendance levels before realizing ST was a possibility.

Interested in seeing what the bars look like with the setup we're seeing. Also interested in seeing how Diagon impacts the event with Death Eaters.

I really hope they realize ST can be its own Tribute Store. They could put the main one in NY and keep ST separate in Hollywood to draw people there during the event. Hollywood is a pretty severely underutilized area during HHN.

I think there was some brief spec on the jungle zone a while back and some mentioned Grown Evil. I had another thought: a spiritual sequel to Seeds of Extinction. Maybe the team switches it up by having some of the foliage-based sets/costumes incorporate bioluminescence (think glowing green/blue vines overhead). Not much evidence behind it, but thought it was an intriguing idea.

The real speculation: are they bringing back a new and improved Circus Peanut cocktail?

So, Tribute Store located in NY again, and likely themed around a comic book store. Opening 9/1?
I didn't read too much into it being a comic since it's laying under another comic book - but that could be really cool!

EDIT: Never mind I missed the receipt sticking out of it.

Also - am I crazy? I swear the tribute store opened at least a week or so before the event last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.