Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll trippin. The trailer doesn't even look that bad. I've seen worse. The first movie is one of my favorites, I will most certainly watch this one. I just wonder if the house will be based off the original or the new sequel. I wouldn't mind a mix of both.

Given the subject matter I am certain there will be enough to support the new sequel. That being said I’m with you and would like a mix.

I also think the 2016 house was really well done. I applaud the creativity honestly, the majority of the movie takes place in a room and they succeeded in staying faithful to the movie while at the same time creating a fun house. It seems though that a lot of folks didn’t care for it

7c57001e-a43b-4f26-a25e-7b7be2f1e6c3-jpeg.19315

Dang if its even close to this I would be super stoked!

That Exorcist trailer… Hulu-quality is right. Certain films succeed because of the unique genius of writers, stars, cinematographer, and/or director, not because the subject matter is particularly unique or compelling. The abject failure of every Exorcist sequel is a pretty good indication that Exorcist is one of them. And while Burstyn was excellent in the original, centering your film on her return is MUCH more of a stretch then doing the same for Jamie Lee Curtis, both in the logic of the franchise and because Curtis’s role was genuinely iconic, defining an entire filmic trope, the “final girl,” that still endures.

For our purposes, it just looks like utterly awful maze material, with uninteresting settings, production design, costumes, etc. - not to mention an opening date when the event is almost over.

Not a big deal. Every year has a stinker or two, which is fine. Who knows, it might even surprise. And the rest of the lineup, particularly originals, looks very strong.

But as bad as this looks if we get a house based on this, at least it would offer some new environments.
Disagree there. Other than the church (the one effective scene in the trailer), which I don't see HHN even thinking about attempting, looks like it would be a rehash of the same vaguely modern suburban home sets I've seen 15 times in 20 years. I can describe the kitchen sink with a window behind it in detail.
Trailer looks good to me. Not sure what people are expecting.
A lot more than this if Blumhouse has the testicular fortitude to ride the coattails of what many argue is the greatest horror film of all time.

For those wanting an interesting take on what an Exorcist continuation could be (spoilers for the TV show)…

Season one focuses on a new possession, and it’s revealed that the matriarch of the family is actually Regan who changed her name after all the publicity.

They do a few interesting things with it. S2 is very much standalone, and even better than S1.

Saw the Exorcist trailer, for the amount of possession/exorcism films we've had lately, it's impressive how this one looks more generic than the others. That's not a good feat by any means, but still impressive.

That said, I still look forward to how the house is gonna' be. As always, the quality of a house can wildly differ from a film's trailer and/or the film itself. Great IP's can have crap houses, while not-so-stellar IP's can have a hit of a house. You never know until you go through it.

Also, there's something which has me a tad excited. This looks to be the first HHN in a while which hasn't had a last-minute change/replacement house. Last year the event lost Evil Dead Rise late in the build and had to scramble to come up with and build Hellblock Horror. 30 had Case Files created to fill in for Billie Eilish, while not a last-minute change, it's still a significant one. But thankfully they had over a year to work on Case Files and it showed. And 2019 had Revenge of the Tooth Fairy removed so they could have US. I think the last year where things might have relatively stayed the course was 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.