Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 304 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Thursday points to a big announcement at this point; plus midsummer is happening so it’s just misdirection…
I feel like it was bound to happen since no one also considered the fact that Food and Wine is today at Epcot, so all the news will be coming from there. Plus no one said that announcements were happening today, we just kind of expect them to happen on Thursdays, but that’s not always the case.

Reactions: Clive
Universal's marketing team really must have determined that announcing things prior to the event means ABSOLUTELY nothing for the bottom line lol
Those of us that come from out of state don't use house announcements as a factor in deciding on whether or not we will make an HHN trip. Room availability has been limited for months now, even before TLOU or ST4 was announced. Out-of-towners that hear about an IP they love and decide to plan a last minute vacation are very, very few and far between.

Announcements are exciting for us, but for the casual/general public/locals, an announcement in July for a Halloween event in September is going to be forgotten by the time the event draws closer. It behooves them to wait.

Those of us that come from out of state don't use house announcements as a factor in deciding on whether or not we will make an HHN trip. Room availability has been limited for months now, even before TLOU or ST4 was announced. Out-of-towners that hear about an IP they love and decide to plan a last minute vacation are very, very few and far between.

Announcements are exciting for us, but for the casual/general public/locals, an announcement in July for a Halloween event in September is going to be forgotten by the time the event draws closer. It behooves them to wait.
I'm right there with you, as a fellow out-of-stater.

My hotel was booked in February lol

This x 1000. I live SEVERAL states away. If I waited for all the announcements to make a decision, it would be bad for me, financially. I had my trip booked and paid off by february/march.

I think that's an overly simplistic view of the role of advertising (and these announcements are just free advertising as they spread on social media and traditional media). Ford doesn't expect every ad they run to result in a new car sold, they know that if they keep running the ads then when you do need a new car, you might be more likely to think of them.

Obviously HHN isn't selling cars but I don't see how it's that much different. If they announce some here and there over the year and you keep seeing it, you'll be more likely to answer HHN if someone asks you "what should we do this weekend?" if you're a local. Obviously you're right, if they just dumped everything in April that would be really poor advertising but I think spreading the announcements out, letting them breathe and circulate a little bit to keep the event in the forefront of the minds of people that aren't nerds like us would be wise. But also obviously I don't have the data they do so maybe I'm totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.