Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not totally true. Ford announced the Mustang Mach E on 11/17/19 but it didn't go on sale until late 2020. They were running ads in the meantime. I ended up buying the car off of those ads so the strategy works at least sometimes. Apple announced vision pro ahead of a projected 2024 release.

Ads *do not* always need to reach a customer when they're ready and can make a purchase. Things like brand ads are super fundamental pieces of modern advertising theory.

I guess my whole point is that this is complicated. I don't think it's fair to confidently say that announcing ahead of time is useless just like I've been heavily hedging my posts to convey that I'm not confident enough in what I'm saying to be 100% certain.

Starting to turn into Ken's Mojo Dojo Casa House around here
Ryan Gosling Dancing GIF by Regal

That's not totally true. Ford announced the Mustang Mach E on 11/17/19 but it didn't go on sale until late 2020. They were running ads in the meantime. I ended up buying the car off of those ads so the strategy works at least sometimes.
this, like the hummer ev, is pretty clearly an exception to the rule because it’s not advertising the car so much as it’s advertising the company’s EV commitment.

Okay, the 2024 Mustang was announced in September 2022 and didn't go on sale until this summer.

There are tons of more examples like that but I don't want to get too off topic about it. The point remains that there are a ton of other companies that announce stuff and run ads well in advance of when you as a consumer can action on them. Advertising rule of thumb says you need 7 impressions before consumer tend to take action.

Again, maybe Universal ran the numbers and are following an optimal strategy, I don't know and neither does anyone out of the company but it's not as clearcut as people's intuitions say.

LOLLL if the announcement tomorrow is just Chucky, this thread might actually disintegrate.
Well, get ready cause it appears to be what is happening. I knew it was going to be another Chucky something and there’s the proof. People were speculating his food booth might be coming back and he might be this year’s popcorn bucket, so maybe it’s a re-announcement of the house and some special offerings that are related to Chucky. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the sweepstakes and a little tv show tie in.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Well, get ready cause it appears to be what is happening. I knew it was going to be another Chucky something and there’s the proof. People were speculating his food booth might be coming back and he might be this year’s popcorn bucket, so maybe it’s a re-announcement of the house and some special offerings that are related to Chucky. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the sweepstakes and a little tv show tie in.
Lol it's not going to be JUST Chucky...
Drake Pop That GIF by French Montana

I'm not a popcorn bucket guy but that'd actually be cool. I'm sure we'll get a food booth back as well - despite the atrocities that existed there last year

Well I’m hopeful that it won’t just be Chucky at least. I think they might be doing the rest of the IP’s at once maybe? I know 2021 announced TCM and Bride on the same day so they could do that again. Hopefully.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Honestly, I blame Universal because looking at it in retrospect, it didn’t make sense to announce Chucky on the last day of HHN anyway. I know they did it because of the show, but it wasn’t like they had dates or you could buy tickets.

Reactions: garpeel and Ahmanet
Honestly, I blame Universal because looking at it in retrospect, it didn’t make sense to announce Chucky on the last day of HHN anyway. I know they did it because of the show, but it wasn’t like they had dates or you could buy tickets.

Come on man, we all complain about how long it takes to get an announcement, and now you're saying you're upset they gave you the earliest announcement ever?

Come on man, we all complain about how long it takes to get an announcement, and now you're saying you're upset they gave you the earliest announcement ever?
lol, no I’m not upset. I’m just saying logically it didn’t make sense cause they have to announce it over again and people probably forget. I just want the food news lol. It’s just a chaotic situation lol.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.