Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This x 1000. I live SEVERAL states away. If I waited for all the announcements to make a decision, it would be bad for me, financially. I had my trip booked and paid off by february/march.
I fly from another country for the event; tickets have to be bought early so tickets don’t skyrocket. I’m glad for the spec maps so I can tell wether or not it’s a good year to go… even if not 100% accurate

This x 1000. I live SEVERAL states away. If I waited for all the announcements to make a decision, it would be bad for me, financially. I had my trip booked and paid off by february/march.
Same here. I always have to prioritize which trip I really want to take more each year and I go solely off speculation at times because I need to plan in advance and save and budget.

Reactions: Clockwork

There you go lmao

Oh well then…
Lets Go GIF by NOPE

Reactions: Automaticsack
And to further that devils advocate we are a tiny fraction of the HHN audience and most people still have no idea beyond the 2.5 houses that have already been announced.

If the well-established rep of the event PLUS Stranger Things (arguably the hottest IP in the zeitgeist) PLUS TLoU (biggest show on HBO this year) aren't enough to make you book a ticket from Piscataway or Omaha ... I'm not sure why a house inspired by a 15-years-destroyed ride or the backstory of a character only fans of the event will recognize would push you over the edge.

If you're a local who hasn't already read all the spec maps, you're not even going to think about buying a ticket before Target has Hyde n Eek stuff on its shelves.

Having inside info doesn't make you a better "super-fan." It's just a dumb form of gatekeeping Universal has transformed into Astroturf viral marketing.

Oh well then…
Lets Go GIF by NOPE
Ohh no you did not. Now someone is gonna run with NOPE house confirmed

Universal's marketing team really must have determined that announcing things prior to the event means ABSOLUTELY nothing for the bottom line lol
Likely they can see the booked hotels and ticket sales to confirm that. Or they really just like torturing the fans

Ford doesn't expect every ad they run to result in a new car sold, they know that if they keep running the ads then when you do need a new car, you might be more likely to think of them.
ford also doesn't start running ads until shortly before it becomes available for purchase because it wants to reach customers when they're ready to make a purchase and when they can make a purchase. for most customers, 7 months out is too early for both a vehicle and a seasonal halloween event. at least, so it appears.

ford also doesn't start running ads until shortly before it becomes available for purchase because it wants to reach customers when they're ready to make a purchase and when they can make a purchase. for most customers, 7 months out is too early for both a vehicle and a seasonal halloween event. at least, so it appears.
That's not totally true. Ford announced the Mustang Mach E on 11/17/19 but it didn't go on sale until late 2020. They were running ads in the meantime. I ended up buying the car off of those ads so the strategy works at least sometimes. Apple announced vision pro ahead of a projected 2024 release.

Ads *do not* always need to reach a customer when they're ready and can make a purchase. Things like brand ads are super fundamental pieces of modern advertising theory.

I guess my whole point is that this is complicated. I don't think it's fair to confidently say that announcing ahead of time is useless just like I've been heavily hedging my posts to convey that I'm not confident enough in what I'm saying to be 100% certain.

Reactions: johnathanm
Announcement delays could also just be the economic climate considering Q2 attendance is down. If you think you'll need to rely on locals more than usual for the event this year, announcements closer to when they'd start thinking about Halloween compared to out-of-towners planning their travel makes sense.

But seems like an announcement is coming anyway so it's kind moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.