Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to fuel the fires of Stranger Things speculation, but it was recently announced that they are doing a Stranger Things official play in the West End. That could mean that either Netflix has relaxed their hold on the rights to Stranger things or tightened them, so it could go either way. Just an interesting development

For reference: Stranger Things: The First Shadow | West End
This was announced as in development (by Netflix) a while back, actually. I wouldn’t use it gauge anything about Universal.

Repeating houses (especially successful/HotY-caliber houses), runs the risk of diluting the prestige of nostalgia. Successful houses are successful because of numerous variables that can’t be controlled even before the house opens, let alone years afterwards.

If anything, Universal would be better served to revisit house concepts that weren’t well received (“Re-nightmared” instead of reimagined). Jungle of Doom, Spawning, Cold Blind Terror, etc.

How soon we forget about AWIL.

I didn’t go that year. Just taking others word for it. Maybe just in comparison to the first?
Yeah, seems to be the case of “too soon” with that one. Fact is, I think it’s cause the actors seemed to be more intense and aggressive in the original house (though the wolves were arguably more so). But one thing is for sure, at least they upgraded those wolf soldiers to have actual wolf heads and helmets instead of just being dudes with makeup on. That was an upgrade for sure.

That 2nd run was one of the worst houses I've ever experienced, left a bad taste after how great the first house was.

HHN houses/themes should be expanded upon, not recreated.
Hard agree honestly.
Even though I've missed out on tons of Orlando houses that I'd love to have seen, I feel like a lot of the time people who request repeats don't really appreciate how much of the events charm is in its impermanence, and the fact that what youre experiencing is only gonna exist for these couple months. Bringing back houses one to one always feels like Pet Sematary-ing a corpse. It looks the same, but in practice all the soul below the skin is lost.

Hard agree honestly.
Even though I've missed out on tons of Orlando houses that I'd love to have seen, I feel like a lot of the time people who request repeats don't really appreciate how much of the events charm is in its impermanence, and the fact that what youre experiencing is only gonna exist for these couple months. Bringing back houses one to one always feels like Pet Sematary-ing a corpse. It looks the same, but in practice all the soul below the skin is lost.
Eh, I’d argue the charm of the event is in its production values such as sets, atmosphere and the like more than that.

That being said, I don’t disagree with the event not repeating houses. The fun of speculation comes from the houses never repeating. I love HOS to death but it’s not an event that’s worth speculating about since most of the houses and zones will be repeats. Even though I personally feel like AWIL from 25 had some nice upgrades over the 23 original (The wolves and dog soldiers as I’ve already mentioned) it was still silly to repeat the house, let alone just 2 years later.

So basically even if I felt like 25 had a great repeat, it was still a repeat. Which means it will never be as amazing the second time out. I can’t even imagine them repeating Poltergeist. That’s one of the best IP houses ever and I hope they never repeat it.

That 2nd run was one of the worst houses I've ever experienced, left a bad taste after how great the first house was.

HHN houses/themes should be expanded upon, not recreated.
I started going in 2015 and I thought AWIL was amazing lmao. It was nice to experience a house from an event that I didn't get to attend and I was DYING to walk through an AWIL house. I remember hearing about AWIL in 2013 and being upset that I wouldn't be able to experience it.
Eh, I’d argue the charm of the event is in its production values such as sets, atmosphere and the like more than that.

That being said, I don’t disagree with the event not repeating houses. The fun of speculation comes from the houses never repeating. I love HOS to death but it’s not an event that’s worth speculating about since most of the houses and zones will be repeats. Even though I personally feel like AWIL from 25 had some nice upgrades over the 23 original (The wolves and dog soldiers as I’ve already mentioned) it was still silly to repeat the house, let alone just 2 years later.

So basically even if I felt like 25 had a great repeat, it was still a repeat. Which means it will never be as amazing the second time out. I can’t even imagine them repeating Poltergeist. That’s one of the best IP houses ever and I hope they never repeat it.
Poltergeist is def one of the best IP houses ever. I wouldn't mind if they repeated it one day, but I'd rather see Poltergeist 2 or 3 as a house.

Mostly the only time I'd like to see an IP repeated is if it's done in the TCM/Halloween fashion. As in from a smaller venue to a bigger venue.

I'd like to see KKFOS come back in a soundstage where they could really play with circus tent/spaceship sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.