Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
People when there's a dead dog at a horror event:

Angry Star Wars GIF
A dead, fake one at that. Omg, it was ridiculous.

I don't mean to be an eejit, but if I don't see clues here, where else would I look for them? Nightmares? And yes, I have been hanging around these forums (used to be only at Nightmares, but now both), and I fully recall the endless waiting and vague nonsense that would go on for the first five months of the year. I also recall Dr. Jimmy doing his crazy April Fool's video where, allegedly, at least one of his wild proposals was supposed to be accurate, blah, blah. Maybe I am just losing my patience in my old age, or I have gotten spoiled with some recent years where we have gotten announcements early. The result of all my aggravation with this is me just wanting to slap whoever runs the HHN Twitter feed for the endless "I'm trying to tease you and look cool" comments. So, HHN Twitter person, unless you're going to jump into the clue game and make it more fun.. shut it.

So it took me a bit to find the right words.

Every speculation season there is a point where speculation stalls and the moderation gets to me. I was snippy and I apologize.

There's info out there, we still have a spec map that has several things that still appear to be accurate. Where are they going? What about shows? Scare zones?

So it took me a bit to find the right words.

Every speculation season there is a point where speculation stalls and the moderation gets to me. I was snippy and I apologize.

There's info out there, we still have a spec map that has several things that still appear to be accurate. Where are they going? What about shows? Scare zones?

Scare Zone-wise, I'm running off the hunch that like with last year, the themes will fit with whatever the overall theme is for this year. (Which may have been teased in the video when they announced the dates.) I'd be down for that.

And for the zones in general, I really hope they keep doing whatever made the zones so much fun last year, as last year had the best overall zone lineup of any year I've attended so far. For reference, I've been going since 2018, and while each year would have a memorable zone, I thoroughly enjoyed -every zone- in 2022, and I can't say that about previous years!

Scare Zone-wise, I'm running off the hunch that like with last year, the themes will fit with whatever the overall theme is for this year. (Which may have been teased in the video when they announced the dates.) I'd be down for that.

And for the zones in general, I really hope they keep doing whatever made the zones so much fun last year, as last year had the best overall zone lineup of any year I've attended so far. For reference, I've been going since 2018, and while each year would have a memorable zone, I thoroughly enjoyed -every zone- in 2022, and I can't say that about previous years!
Yeah, 31 was such an improvement from the last several years in terms of scare zones. Especially Graveyard which was honestly very old school HHN to me. Dark, foggy, and very creepy. Loved that zone so much.

Yeah, 31 was such an improvement from the last several years in terms of scare zones. Especially Graveyard which was honestly very old school HHN to me. Dark, foggy, and very creepy. Loved that zone so much.
Deadly Unrest was so good! I spent lots of time in there on closing night. I would say I would love them to make that into a house but they kinda already did with Graveyard Games in 29. Just did it backwards with a house first :lmao:

If there is a Universal Monsters house this year - could it include Easter eggs for their rumored Epic land?

Cabana had a family friendly Monsters walk through last year, maybe just bring that back again too.

If there is a Universal Monsters house this year - could it include Easter eggs for their rumored Epic land?

Cabana had a family friendly Monsters walk through last year, maybe just bring that back again too.
Maybe, but I was thinking that either next year or in 2025, the Universal Monsters house will have a tie-in to Dark Universe at EU. Which could serve as a send-off to the Monsters at HHN. Not forever, but for a few years.

I'd have to imagine that this "finale" house would be similar to 29's Monsters house.

Maybe, but I was thinking that either next year or in 2025, the Universal Monsters house will have a tie-in to Dark Universe at EU. Which could serve as a send-off to the Monsters at HHN. Not forever, but for a few years.

I'd have to imagine that this "finale" house would be similar to 29's Monsters house.
I could honestly see next year being the final year. The monsters are more popular than ever but 5 years straight of monsters will eventually cause fatigue.

I could honestly see next year being the final year. The monsters are more popular than ever but 5 years straight of monsters will eventually cause fatigue.
I love the Monsters so I wouldn't get tired of them quickly lol. Gimme 5 more years of Monsters and I'll be forever grateful.

Tbh, I could also see Universal doubling down on Monsters BECAUSE of Dark Universe. But I think the most likely scenario is that the Monsters are given an "epic" (pun intended) send-off either next year or in 2025, just in time for Dark Universe at Epic Universe.

As far as the Monsters are concerned, it‘s certainly one of the more content rich properties I suppose is the best way I could word it, they own. I understand they still kind of have to get permission from higher up to use the Monsters, but they don’t seem to have to much problem getting that permission.

I mean you have Creature from the Black Lagoon, Invisible Man (though you could argue there is no evidence he hasn’t already been in the last 3 houses), Phantom of the Opera, Wolf Man, etc. I mean they could always just use Dracula… again. Even though I think its time for him to go back to his coffin for awhile and give someone else the spotlight for a change.

That being said, I don’t think the Monster houses will be lasting past 2025, at least in their current iteration that is. Still, I can’t wait to see what they have in store this year for us.

Jumping on the zone talk - last year's zones were all awesome.

Undecided if I prefer the zone lineup for 31 or 28 (because the more I think about it, 28's zone lineup was STACKED.)

Zone spec is always kinda pushed to the side until the end, but honestly I'm just as invested in the zones as the houses. (year 7 of trying to manifest a ROTLD zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.