Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...unless a sweepstakes is involved :lol:
the office no GIF

I’m a super-nerd who has attended 15 HHNs. I HAVE, however skipped an event in large part because of a lack of interest in the lineup. So yes, it matters even to some super-nerds.

PS: As I think about it more, my decision to buy UTH tickets is ENTIRELY based on the included houses and my decision regarding how many nights to attend is based on the houses and streets. So yeah, it really matters to at least a few super-nerds.

That’s the thing though, just because something matters to a select few, doesn’t mean it matters to Universal as a whole. By now, they know the event will sell with or without any of us present.

That’s the thing though, just because something matters to a select few, doesn’t mean it matters to Universal as a whole. By now, they know the event will sell with or without any of us present.
My primary concern is not what matters for “Universal as a whole,” and it confuses me as to why it should be. They don’t pay me me, I own no Comcast stock, they aren’t loyal to me in any way (nor should they be).

Now, as a guy who argues on the internet, it’s interesting to consider what Universal thinks is best for them, why they think this, and whether they’re correct. But I feel under no obligation to agree with them.

I think Universal continues to do a much better job then Disney, but my ultimate attitude towards both is the same - they’re objects of study and critical analysis.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Tyr12
My primary concern is not what matters for “Universal as a whole,” and it confuses me as to why it should be. They don’t pay me me, I own no Comcast stock, they aren’t loyal to me in any way (nor should they be).

Now, as a guy who argues on the internet, it’s interesting to consider what Universal thinks is best for them, why they think this, and whether they’re correct. But I feel under no obligation to agree with them.

I think Universal continues to do a much better job then Disney, but my ultimate attitude towards both is the same - they’re objects of study and critical analysis.

My point is, at the end of the day, Universal does not care about your personal schedule for when announcements should/shouldn’t be, how far in advance you need to plan, etc. because they know the money is there regardless. If it’s not from you, it’ll be from someone else. It doesn’t matter how much one argues on the internet about it, the event will live on with or without any of us.

HHN 30 was my first visit to Orlando. I didn't know much about the event, and I'm not really even a big horror fan, just a theme park nerd who wanted to try everything the park offered, and who finally had enough money saved up for a cross country trip. I bought tickets for 2 separate days in September in June, before Frequent Fear went on sale. I know better than that now, and absolutely would have bought Rush of Fear if could do it over again.
All this to say there is wisdom in delaying Frequent Fear till months after single night tickets

I got downvoted to hell on reddit for saying this, but I feel like its worth saying, HHN does not make announcements to appease its fans, they do it to market the event to people who are thinking about coming. I say this because I saw a lot of people complaining (on reddit specifically) that HHN is lazy and they might not go this year because of the lack of announcements. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that if you are browsing a HHN related forum, subreddit or listening to HHN podcasts, its safe to say that announcements arent exactly directed for you (in the same way that a mcdonalds ad isnt made for the guy who already goes to mcdonalds every single day for lunch.) because you are probably going to go no matter what lol.

I say all this to say, keep calm, the event is (probably hopefully please no 2020 round 2) coming and we are all gonna forget about announcement season the second we walk through those gates.

Of course, that makes you wonder why they ever announced anything that early at all.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.