Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but this is “generally well-recieved”.

View attachment 18981
Rotten Tomatoes and metacritic are always a sketchy source, especially for TV shows. Nevertheless, I tried to pull up the reviews listed for season 11 and it doesn't seem to link to any actual reviews. If I'm missing something, let me know.

PS: Case in point - Season 7 of Game of thrones has a 77 on metacritic and a 94 (!!!) on RT, and I don't think most would argue that was a critical darling. Season 8 does have only a 55 on RT, but it still gets a 75 on Metacritic.

Last edited:
Rotten Tomatoes and metacritic are always a sketchy source, especially for TV shows. Nevertheless, I tried to pull up the reviews listed for season 11 and it doesn't seem to link to any actual reviews. If I'm missing something, let me know.
C'mon now...

IDK why Season 11 isn't showing but it doesn't really matter anyway since TWD was featured at HHN during Seasons 1-7 and both critics and user scores are listed.

C'mon now...

IDK why Season 11 isn't showing but it doesn't really matter anyway since TWD was featured at HHN during Seasons 1-7 and both critics and user scores are listed.
relying on critical reviews of TV shows is sketchy, though, in a way it's [generally] not with movies. the most recent season of the mandalorian is certified fresh despite it, well, not being very good!

relying on critical reviews of TV shows is sketchy, though, in a way it's [generally] not with movies. the most recent season of the mandalorian is certified fresh despite it, well, not being very good!

And the user score reflects it at 50%.

Meanwhile, the RT user score for TWD 1-7 is around 80-ish. High critic score, High user score. It ain't perfect, but it's the only actual data we have...

C'mon now...

I just looked at season 7. Rotten Tomatoes claims 640 critic reviews but lists 18, 8 of which are positive - 55% positive, not the 66% listed. "Positive" critic reviews include the comments "This season is all about the opening episode, once you get past that it's downhill and has a lot of stalling" and "The Walking Dead is an event series that has no fear of cancellation but the dip in quality shows." Again, RT is not a reliable source, especially for television.

PS: Season 6 featured the Glenn dumpster scene, which I very clearly remember causing a big wave of heated derision, neatly embodying a lot of critics' and fans' sense of the show's steep decline.

Last edited:
And the user score reflects it at 50%.

Meanwhile, the RT user score for TWD 1-7 is around 80-ish. High critic score, High user score. It ain't perfect, but it's the only actual data we have...
Even ignoring rating, the Walking Dead was a huge cultural phenomenon (and still is to a degree, it has 2 or 3 spin-offs). It has a permanent attraction in California.

Even ignoring rating, the Walking Dead was a huge cultural phenomenon (and still is to a degree, it has 2 or 3 spin-offs). It has a permanent attraction in California.
Had*

Either way, any show that's a 2-time Teen Choice Award nominee is obv an acclaimed show.

But seriously, even if we look at the IMDB breakdown of user ratings per episode - 132 of 177 episodes featured a score of 7.5 and above; by no means did the majority find it to be a "bad show".

I personally don’t really care for the “party zones”. I really liked the tone of the zones last year. Darker, scarier. Exactly what zones should be.

I think there's room for one party zone but I understand why there are people who don't want that experience at HHN. Vamp 85 is still my favorite scare zone of all time but I've seen comments just recently here where people disagree.

Everyone on here kinda breezed past all of Legacy's stuff yesterday for TWD talk, but:

@00_Themeparkfan_00 and @TheGamerOfKnowledge both asked about rumors of three scarezones: a jungle themed zone, a Vamp sequel, and a sequel to Vanity Ball. @Legacy only said he hadn't "heard anything about Vanity". Which seems to imply he has heard about the other two.

The tweet seems like a hint at Woodstock and people on the r/HalloweenHorrorNights Discord/Twitter seemed to have pieced together that it could mean the Vamp zone is based around Woodstock '69 AKA Vamp '69. Legacy seemed to back this solution by joining in the discussion about it on Discord rather than shutting it down:

"If it happens, I want a stage with rotating musical acts. Just like a music festival."
"A Jimi Hendrix type, Janis Joplin type, Grateful Dead/Jefferson Airplane type."
"Give us that and a VW Van in the zone, S-Tier GOAT"

He was also asked if he heard anything about what the potential jungle zone could be and responded with a shrug emoji.

Additionally, on the Discord, the HNN staff stated they've heard the following rumor for streets, but to be taken with a grain of salt: "Vamp (NY), Vanity (Hollywood), Blumhouse (Minion World)."

So, lots of zone rumors to speculate about.

Last edited:
Regarding a rainforest/jungle zone, I feel like that'd work out better as a house? Could be very claustrophobic, play into vines as SIF, and get good use out of creature puppets/mannequins.
I wouldn't disagree, especially since we've had jungle houses in the past. Jungle of Doom, Night Prey, etc. Wouldn't mind a return to it eventually. I do think a Jungle zone in Central Park could be interesting with the trees already there in play and they could hit some of your points if they played their cards right.

I think there's room for one party zone but I understand why there are people who don't want that experience at HHN. Vamp 85 is still my favorite scare zone of all time but I've seen comments just recently here where people disagree.
Absolutely. Everyone has their own opinion. I know plenty of people who love the party zones. I’m just personally not one of them. I think the minority is considered the people who do not like the party zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.