Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I used to make my HHN trips the last week of October. Once I started going in late September, I just kept moving it earlier and earlier.

I can't go back to late October again lol
To be fair, last two weeks of October (typically quite awful crowd wise) was a far better experience than September IMO. It was pretty shocking.

You can see (attached graph) September waits were far higher than October. Waits dramatically drop off after the last ROF weekend, which surprisingly was HHN's busiest weekend.

Who knows if we see this again this year.
1724769197789.png

To be fair, last two weeks of October (typically quite awful crowd wise) was a far better experience than September IMO. It was pretty shocking.

You can see (attached graph) September waits were far higher than October. Waits dramatically drop off after the last ROF weekend, which surprisingly was HHN's busiest weekend.

View attachment 23196
Yes, this! We had SO MUCH FUN Halloween night last year. We got to do our favorites multiple times, and it was overall such a fun and pleasant experienc.e The crowds can stay away at end of October.

Also, everyone talking about closing out spec - I guess this means no official commercial this year? Isn't that really odd? I look forward to those every year! I guess I'll just go to YouTube and find that perfectly aweome video they did years ago about "you might be an HHN fan if.." or whatever it was. I think that little video was all of us. :) Thanks for all the intetersting reads and commentary this year, as always. See you all in the fog! My first night isn't until two week from tomorrow, so after today, I will reduce my time here by a LOT.

Yes, this! We had SO MUCH FUN Halloween night last year. We got to do our favorites multiple times, and it was overall such a fun and pleasant experienc.e The crowds can stay away at end of October.

Also, everyone talking about closing out spec - I guess this means no official commercial this year? Isn't that really odd? I look forward to those every year! I guess I'll just go to YouTube and find that perfectly aweome video they did years ago about "you might be an HHN fan if.." or whatever it was. I think that little video was all of us. :) Thanks for all the intetersting reads and commentary this year, as always. See you all in the fog! My first night isn't until two week from tomorrow, so after today, I will reduce my time here by a LOT.
Yes that’s super odd. But with TM preview tonight, it looks like it. I look forward too then as well. Guess the beating heart was the commercial this year lol

View attachment 23196
Oh yes for sure! I'm just highly impatient and can't wait an extra month and a half, lol. Plus September is cheaper!

Also - maybe I'm a fake fan, but I have never stayed ALL the way to the end of the night at HHN. Is it safe to say things clear out around the last hour?

Also - maybe I'm a fake fan, but I have never stayed ALL the way to the end of the night at HHN. Is it safe to say things clear out around the last hour?
Yes always; it’s probably my biggest advice to people wanting to get as much done as possible (that and Stay and Scream). They clear out a LOT at the end, most houses will be walk on and the most popular houses like ST or TLOU last year were even still just like maybe 20 minutes at the very end. I mean actual waits, I’ve noticed they pretty much always lie about them at the end and I never trust the wait time signs at the very end of the night, it could still say something more especially for those popular ones but I alway see them be exaggerated a lot at the end of the night. And you can get into the line right up until 2 am and if there is any wait past 2 you still get to do it, think the max I’ve had at that point is like 20 minutes and they’re usually walk ons by that point. The last hour or so in general is like that; yes. I know it’s tough especially as get older lol, but it’s great way to get more done if you can.

In addition to clearing out a bit, the standby lines move faster in the last hour because the Express people have used all/most of their house entries and the tours are over.

I have no plans to attend this year but will be interested to see how the Express dynamic shakes out.

Yes always; it’s probably my biggest advice to people wanting to get as much done as possible (that and Stay and Scream). They clear out a LOT at the end, most houses will be walk on and the most popular houses like ST or TLOU last year were even still just like maybe 20 minutes at the very end. I mean actual waits, I’ve noticed they pretty much always lie about them at the end and I never trust the wait time signs at the very end of the night, it could still say something more especially for those popular ones but I alway see them be exaggerated a lot at the end of the night. And you can get into the line right up until 2 am and if there is any wait past 2 you still get to do it, think the max I’ve had at that point is like 20 minutes and they’re usually walk ons by that point. The last hour or so in general is like that; yes. I know it’s tough especially as get older lol, but it’s great way to get more done if you can.

Yup it’s what I advise to do: crush 4-5 houses during S&S and nightmare fuel first show, leave, then come back after midnight for the last houses.

I have no plans to attend this year but will be interested to see how the Express dynamic shakes out.

Need to see if they continue FFP sales, how Express works (and if they relent on selling multi-night), even how the return of full bars throughout the park goes. These changes with the adjustments to the back entrance/exits and S&S alterations seem to suggest there might be more changes coming we haven't been made aware of yet. Fingers crossed as always this makes the event better.