Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those who went to RTU was the stage by Mels used? If not there will definitley be an arrival show this year.

Just because the stage was used for RTU, doesn't mean they can't turn around and use it for HHN. I mean, all they have to do is take all the stuff of they don't need off the stage and build from there!

Plus, last year they really didn't have anything I can't think of to make a good HHN show out off.

Last edited:
Just because the stage was used for RTU, doesn't mean they can't turn around and use it for HHN.

Yah every year they had an arrival show the mels stage was used for RTU before it.

Update: Went on the hhn site and a survey popped up, it asks usual hhn survey questions, anyone take it yet?

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see a mini show in the Fear Revealed Zone I don't think it is likely to see any kind of show..if anything it would be a mini platform like show. I would not expect to see one like Arrival or Jack'd Up.

While true that the years those stage shows existed they were used for Rock The Universe prior, this is the closest Rock the Universe has ever been to HHN. With RTU being later and HHN being earlier than it was in those past years...

I think it is safe to presume with all the construction, prep and rehersal time that it is not going to happen being that we are less than two week from the start of the event, and even less than that for Employee previews.

This looks more like a 2018 year, where the focus is more on the Zones than that type of show within the park.

I am fine by that as it looks like detail is going other places.

(would love to be proven wrong :-D )

Last edited:
In regards to an Arrival-like show, you have to consider the amount of traffic that is walking through the park every night, especially on weekends. It doesn't matter where you place the show, it's going to cause SERIOUS traffic flow problems. As much as I would like to see the much-hyped Fear being revealed in an epic stage show, the idea is not logistically sound any way you slice it.

Ha, sorry guys that was a typo. What I mean was more of a 2008 kind of year. Where the event has some amazingly detailed Scare Zones rather than an Icon based show over in the hollywood area.

I never saw an arrival show so i don't know how to judge if it's a good or a bad thing but it was nice with 18 and 19 that all of the backstory was already given to you before you went to the event. The other problem with arrival seems that not everyone may be able to see it for multiple reasons, so explaining everything in one show may not be a good idea. Unless they do multiple shows almost like the Skoolhouse bus thing but that is a bit different than summoning Fear.

Stepping away from the Arrival Show topic, I've finally seen both the billboard and TV ad (on TV) here near Tampa. The billboard was the non-3D one with the Coke ad and the commercial was the Coke one on Sun Sports (Ch. 31). Still haven't seen any Howl-O-Scream ads here though. :shrug:

I never saw an arrival show so i don't know how to judge if it's a good or a bad thing but it was nice with 18 and 19 that all of the backstory was already given to you before you went to the event. The other problem with arrival seems that not everyone may be able to see it for multiple reasons, so explaining everything in one show may not be a good idea. Unless they do multiple shows almost like the Skoolhouse bus thing but that is a bit different than summoning Fear.

Arrival shows don't really explain the story, I think they are more to set the mood. Here's some videos of arrival shows from youtube:

[video=youtube;_ZVfEd2Pu8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZVfEd2Pu8o&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;0SzRzMBgU9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SzRzMBgU9w&feature=fvw[/video]

The 17 show was great. I guess that this would be like 16 except that the icons would be calling up Fear instead of 16 where Darkness summoned the icons. But Fear could also be an interactive actor like the Wicked Witch from Path of the Wicked where he welcomes people into HHN and creeps everyone out.

If there is a type of show I would expect it to me more like the Terra Throne conept from 15 where it is sort of a mini stage deal. Every once in a while sacrafices are made/every once in a while fear is summoned.

If you look through 'hhn15 show' on youtube one should be able to understand if they are not familiar with that year. It was not counted as a show as much as the end of the Scare Zone.

If there is a type of show I would expect it to me more like the Terra Throne conept from 15 where it is sort of a mini stage deal. Every once in a while sacrafices are made/every once in a while fear is summoned.

If you look through 'hhn15 show' on youtube one should be able to understand if they are not familiar with that year. It was not counted as a show as much as the end of the Scare Zone.

Probetly....that and maybe an arival too of the old icons then Fear once they do something to summon him.

Is it me or will Fear be at the same level (or in this case) as big as Darkness?

Probetly....that and maybe an arival too of the old icons then Fear once they do something to summon him.

Is it me or will Fear be at the same level (or in this case) as big as Darkness?

I would expect him to be a professional stilt walker to add to that demonic otherworldly and intimidating power look since they mentioned that he will clearly be the ruler/creator of all the past Icons so when he stands near them, there will be no doubt in your mind. So that would make sense.

And I know it is just the concept art of Fear on a shirt but I can't help but think he is likely to look like a more sinister/demonic and much bigger version of Elemouth from HHN15...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/hhn15/sexpantherskip/hhn15.jpg

Universal has released a "Meet the Creative Team" video under the news section of the site. No new house/scarezone/Fear footage, just a new interview.

And just throwing it out there, HHN begins next week! :happy:

Universal has released a "Meet the Creative Team" video under the news section of the site. No new house/scarezone/Fear footage, just a new interview.

And just throwing it out there, HHN begins next week! :happy:

That video was just more of a "Hey, my name is so and so and I am this and I love halloween."

But, I do give my prase and say thank you for awesome work and I can't wait to go. :happy: