Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw an employee today walking around with a pamphlet about HHN. I assume its the employee newsletter, if there are any Universal employees on here correct me if I am wrong.

Hey guys, I'm new here :]
This will actually be my fifth year to HHN and I'm super excited and I was just curious about attendance levels during opening night. The first two years we went on hell week and the latter two years we went during the last week (on Thursday and Friday respectively). 18 and 19 definitely had shorter lines but that's more than likely due to when we went.

Welcome to the site! Glad you've decided to join! :wave:

Opening night and last week crowds are generally the best time to go to HHN crowd-wise. The crowds were pretty calm last year on Opening Night when I went. Either way, enjoy your trip! :thumbs:

HHNXXMap.jpg

Credit goes to the user who posted this at HNN

Reactions: Felipe
Yeah I've been lurking this site and horrornightnightmares, every tidbit excites me :]
And that map excites me even more, I'll definitely be hitting the houses in that numerical order ;]

Do they ever put scarezones near Jaws, MIB or simpsons?! I wish there would be some sort of zone there as you walk from SF to the World Expo!
Yeah, I think the scarezones should be more dispersed so that half of the park isn't essentially a safe zone (excluding the houses of course).

Last edited:
Do they ever put scarezones near Jaws, MIB or simpsons?! I wish there would be some sort of zone there as you walk from SF to the World Expo!

A couple of years ago they had a roaming hoarde of zombies by MIB, but since the pathways in these areas aren't wide enough, they try to keep the SZ to areas with a wide path and have space for people to maneuver and walk through.

I see Steve and Tango from Ghost Hunters will be attending again this year, I believe 10/7. The article I rtead said they would be signing autographs. Did anyone meet them last year? Did they charge for their signatures? Usually at shows and cons, they do (like $20!?!), but I would think if they are appearing at Universal to specifically sign, they wouldn't.

A couple of years ago they had a roaming hoarde of zombies by MIB, but since the pathways in these areas aren't wide enough, they try to keep the SZ to areas with a wide path and have space for people to maneuver and walk through.

What about Saws and Steam? That is probabally the most narrow pathway in the park!

Thanks for the map Mr Mudfish and Vince! :rep:

I'm REALLY considering the AP early admission thing. I've conviced my parents and brother (who are also AP holders and HHN newbies) to finally come this year and I want them to get the full experience including shows, so I think our best bet is to get some houses done early by taking advantage of this AP offer. There's the little issue of the sunlight and being practically blind the entire time I'm in a house after being in line with the sunlight for so long... but I guess we can take some sunglasses, like someone here suggested.

So anyways, onto my questions... There's definitely a flow that they want us to follow with houses and scarezones. Are you all gonna go in that order (counter-clockwise)? Do you think everyone is going to do that? So... is it better to hit random houses to get less wait time? I need the advice of the veterans :p This is only my third year going.

Thanks for the map Mr Mudfish and Vince! :rep:

I'm REALLY considering the AP early admission thing. I've conviced my parents and brother (who are also AP holders and HHN newbies) to finally come this year and I want them to get the full experience including shows, so I think our best bet is to get some houses done early by taking advantage of this AP offer. There's the little issue of the sunlight and being practically blind the entire time I'm in a house after being in line with the sunlight for so long... but I guess we can take some sunglasses, like someone here suggested.

So anyways, onto my questions... There's definitely a flow that they want us to follow with houses and scarezones. Are you all gonna go in that order (counter-clockwise)? Do you think everyone is going to do that? So... is it better to hit random houses to get less wait time? I need the advice of the veterans :p This is only my third year going.

I don't know about everyone else, but I feel the strong urge this year to hit both the houses and zones in order. Which is definitely making me lean towards skipping the AP preview. But that's just me --- if you're only going that one night, I would recommend taking advantage of the early admission. You can always back track and hit them in order later.

Yeah, I want to go in order, but I'm thinking that's what everyone is gonna do, so the wait times will be crazy and we won't get to everything :shrug:

I would REALLY prefer to wait until the sun goes down a bit and enjoy the event, not just rush through it to get through eveything... In any case, I'm sure my family is nowhere as interested as I am, so it won't matter to them if we don't hit every house... then I might be able to upgrade my ticket to a FFP and come again some other time with a friend or if there's a OU meet up. I just don't wanna miss out on anything. On HHN 18 I didn't get to go on Reflections of Fear because friends wanted to leave and same with HHN 19 when I didn't go on Dracula... I regret both and I'm done with "taking one for the team"... Which is pretty much why this year I'm planning to hit HHN without that group of friends and take advantage of this opportunity to introduce my family to HHN and get a good laugh out of their reactions :sneaky:

Last edited: