HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that Resident Evil is a high chance of being a maze (maybe even a scarezone like Silent Hill), Universal Japan has used the settings and characters from the hit game franchise and from what I've seen has been a huge success.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A8orjrf_HqI?feature=oembed (Here's a video of part of it).

The Walking Dead also has a very high chance of being at the event once more. The popularity of the show coupled with merchandise is a factor that plays into a return but also the new locations such as the abandoned overrun prison. These locations give a new take on maze settings as well as a new layout as compared to last year. Keeping a familiar yet brand new Walking Dead live experience for fans of both the show and HHN fans a like. 
I do see Trick R' Treat being utilized and I have to disagree with Bruce about any difficulty replicating the films characters and settings. The majority of characters are humanoid and we've already seen what HHN can do with the Thing, so I don't believe this to be an issue. The settings can be done as we've seen with both La Llorona(The river scene) and The Walking dead (The tank/city scene). The school bus I'm sure can be done and barring that most of the scenes are in a urban environment or in the woods. Both of which HHN has done before in years past.

Evil Dead I see possibly making appearance, the good reviews and popularity of the new film coupled with the classic films makes for an enticing maze opportunity. We've seen the wood setting done with Friday the 13th and most of the demons are done by physical actors so it fits in with Murdy's rule of a maze must have characters that can be portrayed by live actors.

The Back lot tour worked so well with the Walking Dead last year I would like to see it return like Bruce said in his thoughts season 3 offers a few location opportunity for this to work again.

However my own thoughts I would like to see something involving Ghosts. As with Legendary Truth in Florida's event, they haven't really been done here yet (Ok I guess La Llorona could count) However America also has some amazing Ghost stories to take inspiration from. Classic ghosts I think would be a welcome addition to a years line up and fit's with the Halloween theme. An Original maze would be something fresh and leave the public and fans not know what to expect. This may help scare factor rise significantly as well, for example I can go into a Friday the 13th expecting Jason to pop out. For me at least it lowers the frights slightly because I know what to expect. However an original maze such as La Llorona did frighten me because I had no idea who or what she was before I went two years back.

These are just a few of my own thoughts on this year's event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insidious and The Conjuring are both movies that involve ghosts and paranormal incidents. If you have not seen Insidious yet, check out the last half hour of the movie. It basically looks like it was filmed in a HHN maze full of ghostly figures. I do like the aspect of using true American ghost lore to come up with another maze. California alone is full of ghost stories.

I would love to see Trick'r Treat, no doubt, but if it did come to HHN, I think it may use the central character of Sam, but use fresh stories. Michael Dougherty, the director of Trick'r Treat has used Sam in a few of his short films in clever ways. I'm sure he would have a blast using the title and character to create an original Trick'r Treat attraction. 

Reactions: BernardMesa
Insidious and The Conjuring are both movies that involve ghosts and paranormal incidents. If you have not seen Insidious yet, check out the last half hour of the movie. It basically looks like it was filmed in a HHN maze full of ghostly figures. I do like the aspect of using true American ghost lore to come up with another maze. California alone is full of ghost stories.

I would love to see Trick'r Treat, no doubt, but if it did come to HHN, I think it may use the central character of Sam, but use fresh stories. Michael Dougherty, the director of Trick'r Treat has used Sam in a few of his short films in clever ways. I'm sure he would have a blast using the title and character to create an original Trick'r Treat attraction. 
here's the odd thing. trick r treat was supposed to come in 2011 but never did due to copyright issues. then 2012 john said not this year but sometime as it's actauy hard to do a maze like that so there's rumors that year pointing a scarezone but yet again never happened just due to lack of creativity. now this year..... I THINK SO! as it seems they finally are doing some fan asked mazes and 3 of them were and i quoted from a lot of people. Evil Dead, Exchorist, and Trick r treat. now we do know we do have something that does have a cabin as the center and has been asked by many fan's (Evil dead) but i am 100 precent sure that The Excorist WILL NOT COME. the reason was with what happened to trick r treat in 2011 and 2012. now that said Trick r treat and i'm positive will come to the event in some form if it ranges a scarezone, house of horroroverlay, or a sepreate maze there will be evil dead and trick r treat. now that said i do believe that TWD and alice cooper will return for mabye it's last time. now i do think we will get more than one show.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
I agree Bruce 100% with what you just said. I have seen Insidious (saw it in theaters and made me jump) so I'd be curious to see it utilized especially now Part 2 is on the way. I loved the Trick R' Treat shorts from last year and your right the whole mythos of Trick R' Treat allows an expansion of stories around Halloween with Sam.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Talking with a cast member, they told me that all of the original area's will be utilized :)  

Universal plaza supposedly will be utilized, some where close to T2 maybe used. Maybe they informed them the plaza would be done and used. Ah well it will be interesting to see where they place the other mazes (barring the obvious shrek and mummy areas).

Aaron Colin from Facebook commented on my article with a very good guess. Apparently the small courtyard area in between Mel's and T2, that has tables and chairs in it (was previously used for Chucky's Insult Emporium) has been "blocked off" recently. I haven't been in that spot in a while, but from memory it seems like it might be big enough to house a maze. The big issue I see is where a queue could fit.

Aaron Colin from Facebook commented on my article with a very good guess. Apparently the small courtyard area in between Mel's and T2, that has tables and chairs in it (was previously used for Chucky's Insult Emporium) has been "blocked off" recently. I haven't been in that spot in a while, but from memory it seems like it might be big enough to house a maze. The big issue I see is where a queue could fit.
Maybe it's just me but wouldn't it be too small when you consider the actor entrances and props?

Reactions: Alexshow.