Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
^ To answer your questions:

- Yes, there is a HUGE benefit, you can get a ride or two in so you don't have to ride any later that night and start lining up for mazes. Most will open up at 6 or even earlier but it's best to line up for them early.

- The Backlot is not open until 6:30 I believe, (pay attention when you get to the main gate before early entry, they will announce what time what opens for early entry) nor Terror Tram until 6:45, however if you start off at the Lower Lot you will most likely remain there for the rest of early entry as they tend to not let guests back up until 7:00. 

If you need a plan, this is what I always recommend: The Walking Dead -> Insidious -> This is the End -> Crimson Peak -> AvP -> Terror Tram -> Jabbawockeez (if you're into it) -> Halloween. If you have time kick back at some scare zone. I hope this helps! 

speaking of shows and HHN.... I know this is last minute notice, BUT.... for those that are looking for their B&T fix and can't make it to Orlando before Nov 1st... there is a solution, TONIGHT ONLY at 10pm...

"BILL & TED'S SPOOKY HALLOWEEN SPOOFTACULAR"

https://franklin.ucbtheatre.com/performance/42318

Unfortunately I have to work tonight, otherwise this B&T fanboy would so be there. I'm hoping someone films & uploads it to youtube. I'm very curious to know how this is...

Okay... two things, first... here is a recap of the B&T show from Saturday night from a member on the HorrorNightNightmares forums.

7R1iOjp.jpg

secondly... this is an article that seems to be going viral on FB... I think the original posts regarding the issues are on another forum, I haven't really bothered to look since yesterday & today are my only days off, so I've been trying to rest up for this final weekend since I have felt like total crap Saturday/sunday. Anyway, it seems that there has been some major issues with guests in Orlando, but as anyone who has ever worked a haunt event (or paid attention while there as a guest), "scareactor abuse" is pretty much present at all events, even ones that don't serve alcohol. I just wanted to pass this article along because I felt it was important, especially since I've experienced the scareactor abuse first hand (especially this past sunday), thankfully not as bad as some have.

http://behindthethrills.com/2015/10/is-halloween-horror-nights-safe-an-open-letter-to-scareactors-and-fans/

Remember to respect your scareactors. They are not superhuman, despite the fact they're able to keep going every weekend.

As for the scareactor thing, it speaks for itself. Shame on some people.

As for the UCB show, there was a Seinfeld parody that was filmed and put on YouTube, and I really hope that B&T finds its way to the web. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

Extremely excited now since I will be attending the last, extra party weekend!! Not sure if I'm choosing the Friday or Saturday yet but I'm for sure going now with a few friends!! Really hyped, especially since I felt like I wasn't be going to be able to go due to some things that came up recently. Nonetheless I can't wait.. Anyone got any crowd predictions for those nights? I don't think they'd be that bad considering its after Halloween but don't know what to expect quite honestly.

AMC 16 in downtown Burbank did a showing of the original Halloween tonight and luckily I was able to make it over to watch. It was so awesome getting to finally see such a classic on the big screen like it was meant to be seen. Hearing the theme song blast on the surround sound system was so cool. Anyways. I know this is slightly off topic but I just wanted to say how great it was. Hope everyone has been enjoying HHN this year!

Welp... I splurged... I got a "Front of the Line" ticket for Sunday, November 1st... originally was just going to wait until the 6th or 7th, but was given the opportunity to go this weekend. I'm going to be exhausted after these past 4 nights of scaring (yay final night of LA Haunted Hayride tomorrow. thank god), so that's kinda why I splurged for the front of the line.

Still plan on going either Friday or Saturday for the "after party" night.

I know it's way too early for next year's rumors... but hearing that we will definitely be getting Freddy vs. Jason next year. 

I know it's way too early for next year's rumors... but hearing that we will definitely be getting Freddy vs. Jason next year.
It'd make no sense to not have FVJ next year. Considering the fact that a LOT of people who were angry that it wasn't coming. And that being said, it only makes sense to bring it back, considering its had a long period of rest since 2010. I welcome back the two icons with open arms, as they WILL bring people in. The question is to be which will be speculated on if its true..where the hell would it be located.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well this is what i know so far. Walking Dead is coming back, and Freddy vs Jason will be next year's highlight, and according to my source will be located in Soundstage 747. That place might just be the start of a new trend for "vs." houses, lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm really curious to know for this after-party next weekend is where is the Academy of Villians going to be shown? Are they going to have multiple shows in the Castle Theater, or will they open up the Animal Actors stage?

^ Well this is what i know so far. Walking Dead is coming back, and Freddy vs Jason will be next year's highlight, and according to my source will be located in Soundstage 747. That place might just be the start of a new trend for "vs." houses, lol. 
So basically the two you know are the ones that were pretty obvious to begin with haha. Well, we have two houses in the bag for next year. I'm glad it's going in 747 as that property needs all the space it can get. Florida's was very well-done and it took a lot of space.

I'm also curious to know if we're staying at six or if we're going back up to seven. If they add a second show next year, we'll probably stay at six.

Next year will definitely be interesting with WWOHP open. Wonder if it will affect crowd patterns in any way. On another note, I REALLY want Krampus and AHS! AHS! AHS!

What I'm really curious to know for this after-party next weekend is where is the Academy of Villians going to be shown? Are they going to have multiple shows in the Castle Theater, or will they open up the Animal Actors stage?
Only 5 Jabba shows in the Castle 7:30, 8:30, 10:15, 11:15 and 12:30. Not much space in there for the Villains.

I actually saw Murdy at HHN when I was there a few weeks ago and I asked him about AHS. He responded with something along the lines of "that property and others that people have been wanting will be much more likely to start appearing at the event after this year." Why it couldn't happen before this year I have no idea. Again he didn't say yes it will be coming. Just that the chance of it is much higher after this year.

I actually saw Murdy at HHN when I was there a few weeks ago and I asked him about AHS. He responded with something along the lines of "that property and others that people have been wanting will be much more likely to start appearing at the event after this year." Why it couldn't happen before this year I have no idea. Again he didn't say yes it will be coming. Just that the chance of it is much higher after this year.
..As much as I want to trust Murdy that its chances of coming are higher; it still won't happen. The IP has a huge amount of red tape that even John must realize may not be good for a event.