#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m new to this whole “certain houses open” talk. What are the rumored houses? And what are the rumored dates (by that I mean will it be a weekend only thing or a wed-sun thing)
@Legacy summed it up well last page (quoted below). Rumored start of next weekend. Tooth Fairy and Brides are the initial 2 houses rumored with the potential of extending to BJ and Icons.

Current (strong rumor) is daytime operation of two houses with performers.

Additional rumors of varying veracity:

Could be up to four houses.
Stilt walkers could be present
No zones

Speculation:
Likely upcharge

Some questions about the houses...will Toothfairy have fliers? Will plexiglass be installed between scareactors and guests? Will fog machines be used? Will there be “Stand Here” markers for each room and guests will have to stand in one spot until they’re told to proceed? Will all performers have to wear masks under their masks?

My guesses...No. Yes. No. Yes. Yes.
My guesses?

Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Yes.

There’s no reason to not have fliers. By virtue of the effect, they’re the most socially distant scare.

From my understanding, plexi was already installed in preparation for the the modified HHN.

Fog is just moisture in the air. There is no reason to believe its use will cause a safety concern.

Using markers inside the house requires guests to adhere to them AND an ops person in each room to advance them. It’s less complicated to just do a two minute pulse (at two minutes, you’re halfway to two thirds of the way through a house).

Of course, performers are wearing masks.
What would another logical reason be for why they brought back those actors that isn't a house?
Planning, not approved.

There's a discrepancy between online and app on almost every day (incl the 13th which shows VB at 6 and 5pm for USF on the 14th, as examples).
Online shows USF closing at 5pm still on Sat the 19th. 8pm on Sun, 20th and 7pm monday the 21st. Whereas on the app it's 8pm, 7pm, 5pm.

TLDR; who knows wtf is happening on the hours because there's no consistency.
Odd. Following that link gives me identical hours to the app (8pm Saturday, 7pm Sunday, 5pm Monday). Maybe clear your cache? Things are changing very quickly tbf. TM schedules keep getting altered/extended lately after their schedules are already out.

Reactions: londonwerecat

I had to look it up too

I read and it couldn't help but laugh at the end when they said it's canon. Like I can't stop thinking about how halloween horror nights has lore. I've never been to HHN but the icons and original houses are all connected? That's crazy. But then that brings up the point of why are us the guests in these peoples houses and places? Is stranger things canon to jack the clown? This is all so much to comprehend.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I read and it couldn't help but laugh at the end when they said it's canon. Like I can't stop thinking about how halloween horror nights has lore. I've never been to HHN but the icons and original houses are all connected? That's crazy. But then that brings up the point of why are us the guests in these peoples houses and places? Is stranger things canon to jack the clown? This is all so much to comprehend.
I’m sure we have a lore thread but, in a nutshell, a large number of the original houses have stories that interconnect in some way. All of the icons exist in the same world, with Shadybrook, the Body Collectors, Legendary Truth, and Carey, Ohio.

The IPs are stand-alone things separate from HHN canon.

There’s no reason to not have fliers. By virtue of the effect, they’re the most socially distant scare.

From my understanding, plexi was already installed in preparation for the the modified HHN

Fliers are considered stunt performers and are paid more than scareactors. Since this is all a cash grab, I figured they wouldn’t want to take on the additional cost of paying stunt performers.

Ah ha! Now this is all making sense. Universal’s attempting to recover all that money they spend on plexiglass installation. That stuff ain’t cheap.

I'm just imagining a person walking into a maze and thinking "Man I can't wait to see where the story goes, last year ended on a cliffhanger." And they proceed to ignore the scares and just admire the story.

I might have to go when it opens again just to see this intertwined story. It's like the MCU but for horror!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fliers are considered stunt performers and are paid more than scareactors. Since this is all a cash grab, I figured they wouldn’t want to take on the additional cost of paying stunt performers.

Ah ha! Now this is all making sense. Universal’s attempting to recover all that money they spend on plexiglass installation. That stuff ain’t cheap.
"Cash grab" as a phrase really annoys me, because it's completely meaningless. Universal is a business. Getting money is their stated purpose. Let's stop using scare phrases.

I might have to go when it opens again just to see this intertwined story. It's like the MCU but for horror!
The houses rarely intertwine with each other within a single year, and it’s not so much a continuation of a narrative (although some individual stories do progress). It requires researching several years of events to get a gist of what is happening.

EDIT - It extends beyond the events too, looping in social media campaigns from individual years.

When Legacy said toothfairy and bride would be first, was that his speculation or an actual rumor?

Note: I'm not sure how to mention someone sorry.

"Cash grab" as a phrase really annoys me, because it's completely meaningless. Universal is a business. Getting money is their stated purpose. Let's stop using scare phrases.

Definition of cash grab: A product designed primarily or solely with the intent of generating profits or money.

It isn’t a scare phrase and it isn’t meaningless. This seasonal offering is a Hail Mary attempt to generate revenue during a pandemic. It’s a risky move and deserves to be called out.

Definition of cash grab: A product designed primarily or solely with the intent of generating profits or money.

It isn’t a scare phrase and it isn’t meaningless. This seasonal offering is a Hail Mary attempt to generate revenue during a pandemic. It’s a risky move and deserves to be called out.
You failed to include the first word in that definition: DEROGATORY. it is absolutely a scare phrase. Universal's job, first, middle and last, is to generate profit. It's a scare phrase because you're using it to denigrate what they are doing because of your position on it. It's meaningless because, anyone's position on what they are doing in this case aside, they're doing it for rhe reason they do ANYTHING they do, which is to get money - grab cash, if you will. Its meaningless in the way "special" becomes meaningless when everyone is special.

ETA: This rumor isn't the only time when people in this fandom use this phrase in this way. Every time Disney does a live action remake, or puts out a popcorn bucket, or sells a party ticket, it's a "cash grab." Well, duh. That's what they're in business to do.

The fact that there will be plexiglass is very disappointing to me. I don’t know what else I was expecting, but I think that it really changes the whole experience in a negative way
Something that may help you feel better..?
Since it's kinda dark in a house it may not be as noticeable? Not entirely sure? Maybe they can decorate the plexi glass to make it look more festive with the enviornment. The glass doesn't have to be a bad thing in the end.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
When Legacy said toothfairy and bride would be first, was that his speculation or an actual rumor?

Note: I'm not sure how to mention someone sorry.
He did. And if by mention you mean what I’m doing in this post, all you have to do is hit reply then type whatever you want to post