#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You need two casts to run a house. Universal does one cast on for 45 mins,and the the other cast goes on for 45 mins. Normall each cast does about 5-6 45 min sets sets per shift.

Imma ask something that may actually be in @Chris or @Chris Glass's background--how did cast work go for House of Horrors? I thought they had pauses during the day-to-day ops that lasted around 30-45 minutes? Perhaps they may look into something similar with the mazes?

If this rumor is true, it could be interesting as it scratches a lot of itches for Uni:

1. Money. Big duh
2. The rotating houses force people to come and pay to do it 2ish times, but...
3. Uni only has to pay for 2 houses of casting
4. By doing this during the day it theoretically expands capacity of bodies that can be in the park with 2 more attractions. (whether they would is another story, and given how they've been acting I doubt it's a concern outside of weekends.)
5. By having some Halloween things and their related revenue, it gives them excuses to put up decorations and push out seasonal foods that they may have already planned for HHN while justifying it with increase attendance.

I'm cautiously optimistic. As long as it's safe, I'm down to see what they do.

There you go. This, almost. Current rumor is four houses TOTAL. Two one week. The other two the next.

Specifically, Icons and Beetlejuice on alternating weekends.

Ok, that is crazy-yet-downright-clever. That way they can really throw us a bone with multiple houses -and- have a easy hook for coming back to see the others.

I didn't expect this kind of creative thinking, but it's par for the course on how this year has been.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That sounds even goofier.

Coordinators before cast change: Hey! Don’t forget your ear plugs AND your face shields!
I mean, if it’s not that they’re going to be saying ear plugs AND masks.

These are the times we live in and I think aesthetically, they may prefer them to wear face shields seeing as they’re see-through.

Although if I was betting money, I’d say masks behind plexiglass.

Everything I’ve read over the past few months have said that face shields are not supposed to be used as a mask replacement, but just an added layer of protection in addition to a mask. I would be really surprised to see any scareactors that aren’t behind plexiglass wearing a shield only without a mask.

Update on the my canon research:

This was me after reading this article

I mean they probably could also use full facemasks with a mask underneath to not kill the illusion.

also who knows what houses the first week will be but I feel like icons and brides will go together since we had jack presents monsters and mayhem and then beetlejuice and toothfairy will go together since its more of a supernatural type theme

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Hypothetically--could they opt in and do a variation? I thought for some things, when they have masks for Sign Language subtitlers, they have the masks be seethrough in the mouth--so people can understand the intensity of people's dialect.
What about a themed (for the house/IP) see-through mask like this one?
see-through-face-mask.jpg

But couldn't they have all four houses running in one day if they just split the houses up when they open during the day?
For example:
Opening- 2 pm could be Bride and Tooth fairy
3pm-8pm could be Beetlejuice and Icons
That's a lot of costume/makeup changes for the single cast to pull that off. Also no breaks for the TMs? Wouldn't fly logistically.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will this be a locals only event? Or just more geared to locals?

Out of state folks who either cancelled their HHN vacation plans when the larger event was cancelled and/or out of state/country folks who cannot travel due to various state restrictions and border closings can't suddenly plan a last minute vacation. So while the hope seems to be that locals will attend they'll let anyone in who pays for admission ;)

I never cancelled my hotel and flights - I'll be there that first weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of costume/makeup changes for the single cast to pull that off. Also no breaks for the TMs? Wouldn't fly logistically.
I didn't count breaks in between, i'm sure they hired more then one set of actors for each house.
I purposefully left an hour between 2-3 for them so switch to their other characters and get settled.
The point is not how crap my fan made schedule is, but to get the idea that with enough time management and manipulation this could be possible.

Now, I love that they are opening the houses during the day for a last minute treat for us, but the fact that they're gonna lock certain houses behind specific days is just crap.
They could just as easily hire more actors and increase the ticket price to make up for cost. I would rather pay more in one day than paying possibly less and driving up to Orlando for another day, they're already suckering us in with possibly 50$ for only two houses with no shows and no "zones". I like most people can only be on leave for so long. I am about three hours South from Orlando and I still would need to take time off, which I would consider myself local since I am in state. People that would be traveling (which I understand isn't the target demo for this event.) don't even have the option to go if they want to experience it all. Just saying, I would pay about 60-75$ to go through all four in one day.

Reactions: londonwerecat