#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This kinda seems like a plan guaranteed to annoy just about everyone. If the houses are promised to return next year, that's somewhat better, but it still dilutes the impact of next years event, which seems like the exact opposite of what they'd want to do.

More importantly, I think this establishes a lot of bad precedents. A daytime event, upcharge mazes - not things I'm eager to see. By far the worst is the "certain mazes on certain nights." This is particularly insidious because the appeal to Universal is so clear - you force repeat visits and longer hotel stays while dramatically reducing the staff needed to run the event. Most guests don't see all the mazes anyway, so what's the harm? If this goes even moderately well, a lot of execs are going to get a lot of bad ideas.

This kinda seems like a plan guaranteed to annoy just about everyone. If the houses are promised to return next year, that's somewhat better, but it still dilutes the impact of next years event, which seems like the exact opposite of what they'd want to do.

I will guarantee the impact on next year's event, if there is a vaccine and the event can go at full strength, will be 0. If HHN can happen next year as HHN is supposed to happen, the event will be absolutely massive and will rake in insane amounts of money

I will guarantee the impact on next year's event, if there is a vaccine and the event can go at full strength, will be 0. If HHN can happen next year as HHN is supposed to happen, the event will be absolutely massive and will rake in insane amounts of money
Bingo. They know where the money is for HHN.

When we're talking about alternating weekends.. is this literally just for 2 weekends? Or all of the "season"?

Reactions: RevFreako
I really think this just Universal's way of being competitive in what's always a slow season. Can we blame them? What else would they be offering to entice people to come other than "We have a Halloween store you can admire and sob in"? With HoS still somewhat happening, some festivities in MK and HS, and all these other drive-thru/local events popping up there's not much of an incentive to head to Universal this fall. Having some houses with character meet & greets and food/beverage offerings would do just that.

If I were to throw out a guess, my guess is that they aren’t planning on using these houses next year, upsetting the fan base but Legacy might like it because it gives us all something to actually speculate about for next year. ‍
Don’t want to turn this thread into obsession about announcements but I don’t think they’d announce something and post this on the same day

#tbt - ThrowBack Thursday. It's a meme. Stop reaching.

Well, doesn't look like there's an announcement today, atleast at the usual time they post, 12. It could still happen later in the day but I doubt it. Hopefully something this weekend!

For what it's worth, I had heard earlier this week they were looking to announce something "by the weekend." I just assumed we were guessing Thursday based on prior announcements, not on any actual intel.
Yeah I don't believe we had any actual insite of why an announcement would come today, pretty sure today was just a day that made sense, but I have heard lots of things for something by the end of the week, so who knows, it could be at any second at this point.

Reactions: londonwerecat
And screw it.

All original house names:

Bride of Frankenstein Lives
HHN Icons: Captured
Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience
The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
Welcome to (S)Carey: Horror in the Heartland

CHAOS!
Coming up with creative names can be challenging. I feel like, at times, they tend to overthink things.