#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard they saw the lineup was nearly accurate and that there was backlash from the fans, so they're just going to say screw it and open all the houses now, so they can scrap this horrible lineup and start anew next year.

:yikes:
I think people need to read this again.

If you're joking, I'm joking.
If you're not, I'm not.
I can't tell if it's a joke or not LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Sledge
If this actually happens and these houses don’t come back next year, it will be such a big gut punch. I’m trying to find the time to make it down for one trip next month and now this? Yeah it would be a total slap in the face if this is the only shot for these houses. But I realize they have to try and make money too. I’m not oblivious to that honestly. But this just sucks if it’s true
I've been assured by top men that everything will be returning next year

If thats true, then I hope the locals enjoy whatever ends up happening this year. I was so worried (Still am a little bit) that BJ, or one of the other houses I was so hyped about would be lost. If they can have some fun set up for the local guests and still have it all next year sounds like a win win.

Thanks for that. If that remains true, then I'm perfectly fine with whatever they want to do this year. I'll still try to come down for a couple of days in October, but it takes the pressure off and just lets me enjoy it knowing I'll get to see those houses again next year.

Okay, so I live in Atlanta, and the drive with tolls is six hours, so that isn’t too bad for me. So would you guys recommend if I wanted to come down there to experience the houses to get a seasonal annual pass or just buy a park ticket for both of the weekends?

Everything I’ve heard suggests what they planned for 2020 is returning in 2021. Considering they’ve had a month to remove Billie and that’s still standing plus them keeping the SS rented vs tearing down.
So, one thing I've learned from this craziness is that Universal rents property from itself. I love when giant entities (corporations, universities, etc) essentially pay themselves for things.

Okay, so I live in Atlanta, and the drive with tolls is six hours, so that isn’t too bad for me. So would you guys recommend if I wanted to come down there to experience the houses to get a seasonal annual pass or just buy a park ticket for both of the weekends?

Just wait for what Uni announces IMHO.

So, one thing I've learned from this craziness is that Universal rents property from itself. I love when giant entities (corporations, universities, etc) essentially pay themselves for things.

Yup, Disney does it too! Lots of departments and such.

If you are planning for coming for both weekends I believe universal annual pass last for 15 months now which means it would also be valid for next years hhn!

Everything I’ve heard suggests what they planned for 2020 is returning in 2021.

Realistically, what choice do the have? I know we as theme park fans have decided the pandemic is over (or will be in January or whatever), but until conventions and international guests and northeast families get the all-clear, attendance at Orlando parks is going to be lucky to stay at subsistence levels. HHN creation is a year-round thing. I don't think corporate is going to be happy funding a brand new HHN 2021 design and build in November 2020 with no guarantee Fall 2021 numbers will be noticeably better than this year's. As of now, if they keep the same houses, all the design and a lot of the actual construction work is done. Have to pay themselves rent for the event space on paper somewhere, maybe have the lawyers re-negotiate with some IP holders, but not spending a whole lot of money for the next six or eight months. Gives them until probably early Summer before they have to decide whether to go forward next year, and not our nearly as much money lost as this year if they do kill it again.

Here’s why I think this is a poor value for fans...

Let’s assume it’s a $30 upcharge and you’ll get to do each house once. You’re paying $15 per house run.

According to my notes from my first HHN trip last year in Sept, I went 3 nights spending around $424 for RoF + express and 2 Scream early passes. I ended up hitting 48 house runs. That’s an average cost of $8.83 per house - a bit more than half of what you’ll be paying for 1 house run.

If these houses are in fact returning, it’s a better value to wait for 2021 to experience them. Plus, you’ll get to see them the way they were designed, without alterations to accommodate social distancing.

Let’s assume it’s a $30 upcharge and you’ll get to do each house once. You’re paying $15 per house run.

According to my notes from my first HHN trip last year in Sept, I went 3 nights spending around $424 for RoF + express and 2 Scream early passes. I ended up hitting 48 house runs. That’s an average cost of $8.83 per house - a bit more than half of what you’ll be paying for 1 house run.

If these houses are in fact returning, it’s a better value to wait for 2021 to experience them. Plus, you’ll get to see them the way they were designed, without alterations to accommodate social distancing.
We’re not normal. We game it, but most people don’t even see all 10 houses once.

Realistically, what choice do the have? I know we as theme park fans have decided the pandemic is over (or will be in January or whatever), but until conventions and international guests and northeast families get the all-clear, attendance at Orlando parks is going to be lucky to stay at subsistence levels. HHN creation is a year-round thing. I don't think corporate is going to be happy funding a brand new HHN 2021 design and build in November 2020 with no guarantee Fall 2021 numbers will be noticeably better than this year's. As of now, if they keep the same houses, all the design and a lot of the actual construction work is done. Have to pay themselves rent for the event space on paper somewhere, maybe have the lawyers re-negotiate with some IP holders, but not spending a whole lot of money for the next six or eight months. Gives them until probably early Summer before they have to decide whether to go forward next year, and not our nearly as much money lost as this year if they do kill it again.

I just don’t think they can afford to “kill it again” next year.

That’s a good point.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I just don’t think they can afford to “kill it again” next year.
EVnruevU4AMT_4a.jpg