#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I'm sure I'm not the only non-local thinking this. I wonder what the chances of these houses being filmed during a media night would be? There's absolutely no chance of me traveling to ORL this Fall so it may be my only chance to see them. Either way, extremely curious about all this.
There is no reason to believe you won’t have the opportunity to experience these houses next year.

I’m guessing an announcement at 3:33 pm since it’s a “failed” seance.

I wouldn’t count on anything in regards to the social media accounts.

And as long as that's the case, this is fine IMO.

I know that we're not "owed" anything, but they really shouldn't punish out-of-towners when so many of us have wanted to particularly see the icons again for HHN30/2020/2021.

Yes, seeing as all of the rumors are heavily pointing to any houses made available for Halloween Horror Not this year will be made available for the actual Halloween Horror Nights next year, let’s all please try not to go down this road again.

Well, if you’re not an AP holder, it’s going to be just as much as a Rush of Fear with Express pass.

Let’s assume an out of state resident buys the promo deal for buy 2 days at the parks, get 2 free. That’s $307.52 with tax. Plus, the (estimated) $30 per day house up charge for the weekend, for $90. That’s at least $397.52 to go to the park for 4 days and experience the 2 houses for 3 of those days. That actually costs more than buying RoF+Express, which gives you more dates, more houses, more houses runs, scarezones, shows, etc.

Also, if they don’t offer a multi day pass option for the upcharge houses, AP holders could end up spending more than they would to attend HHN. 10 upcharge visits will be (presumably) around $300. Even just 5 visits, $150 for 10 house runs, is around 50% more than the cost of 1 peak night ticket (EDIT: purchased online).

It’s actually a brilliant scheme. If in fact this is an upcharge, they’ll be getting fans to pay more this year for less.

It's a moot point now but I want to address this.

Scarehouse in Pittsburgh is $20 for one go through. Universal charging a similar amount would not be out of the realm of possibilities (again, current rumors point to it being free). "What about admission?" you're getting into a theme park with more attractions and entertainment open than during HHN. Add on the fact that for a majority of guests (and many fans), one house run is all they need/want.

So, will they be marketing this as a preview of next year’s event?

All the leaks are coming from scare actors, ops, and lower rank and file employees. I don't know what marketing is planning but "this is a preview of next year" is confusing messaging IMHO. I think "Universal's Award-Winning Halloween Now Available During the Day" is way clearer. Don't even bring up HHN or 2021.

I thought Beetlejuice was in the parade building.
It is. On top of WB supposedly being wary of the IP being used mid-pandemic, it would not be operationally smooth. (Admittedly, after looking at a map, they could maybe get away with it if they had the queue go backstage at Barney, and just hug the building)

But, the fact that we didn’t see a portal/marquee show up in KidZone to me is confirmation that Beetlejuice will at least not be on offer at first.

When I was at UO yesterday I saw multiple techs who were wearing black shirts and looked like HHN techs. They were walking to the left of the Barney giftshop to go back of house. Is that towards the parade building?

Well it's cute & fun that you folks are getting a little something this year! Super happy for y'all :)

Me? I'd just like my cancellation refund from back in July to finally come in so I can book some haunts that I'll actually be able to attend in my home state lol. Guess it's time for a follow-up call to customer service.

It's a moot point now but I want to address this.

Scarehouse in Pittsburgh is $20 for one go through. Universal charging a similar amount would not be out of the realm of possibilities (again, current rumors point to it being free). "What about admission?" you're getting into a theme park with more attractions and entertainment open than during HHN. Add on the fact that for a majority of guests (and many fans), one house run is all they need/want.

This isn’t exactly true. The value of HHN’s houses versus an independent haunt varies based on the length of the haunt.

For example I’ll use one of my favorite independent haunts, Spookywoods in Kersey Valley, NC. The general admission cost is $30 and it takes at least 45 minutes to go through the entire experience. For HHN, most houses take at least 5 minutes to walk through. So for this example, Spookywoods gives you a value of $.67 cents a minute, but HHN (assuming it’ll be a $30 up-charge for 2 houses) would be around $3 a minute.

Of course, if it’s free with admission to the parks, that’s a great added value to the price of admission. However, I disagree that you are getting more entertainment with a general park admission and two HHN houses versus the HHN experience. Those 2 HHN houses + the shows and rides open during daily operations are fewer attractions than the 10 houses, two shows, at least 5 scare zones, and rides open during HHN. HHN also offers attractions unique to the event year. So what if you can’t ride ET or watch Bourne during HHN - they’ll still be there outside of HHN.

Again, it boils down to whether you think it’s worth paying extra money for these houses. If it’s free, than my examples don’t matter. But if Universal’s going to charge fans, you’re actually paying more money for less value than the standard HHN experience. And I would suggest fans save their money to experience the event next year.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95