#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This isn’t exactly true. The value of HHN’s houses versus an independent haunt varies based on the length of the haunt.

For example I’ll use one of my favorite independent haunts, Spookywoods in Kersey Valley, NC. The general admission cost is $30 and it takes at least 45 minutes to go through the entire experience. For HHN, most houses take at least 5 minutes to walk through. So for this example, Spookywoods gives you a value of $.67 cents a minute, but HHN (assuming it’ll be a $30 up-charge for 2 houses) would be around $3 a minute.

Of course, if it’s free with admission to the parks, that’s a great added value to the price of admission. However, I disagree that you are getting more entertainment with a general park admission and two HHN houses versus the HHN experience. Those 2 HHN houses + the shows and rides open during daily operations are fewer attractions than the 10 houses, two shows, at least 5 scare zones, and rides open during HHN. HHN also offers attractions unique to the event year. So what if you can’t ride ET or watch Bourne during HHN - they’ll still be there outside of HHN.

Again, it boils down to whether you think it’s worth paying extra money for these houses. If it’s free, than my examples don’t matter. But if Universal’s going to charge fans, you’re actually paying more money for less value than the standard HHN experience. And I would suggest fans save their money to experience the event next year.

I see where you're coming from, I don't agree 100% but I understand. I think we both can agree that this shows HHN is a pretty damn good deal if you buy ahead of time or get a pass.

-----

So tl;dr for everyone who doesn't want to read 30+ pages, this is what I can confirm:
  • Daytime operations of at least two HHN houses
  • Scare actors will be in houses
  • Starts September 19; weekends only in Sept, daily in October
  • Free with admission to the park
  • Virtual Line only
Here is what we're speculating:
  • Two houses are Brides and Toothfairy
  • Socially distanced scares in houses
  • Pulsing of line to give space between guests
  • Possibly two more houses after the first weekend (BJ and Icons)
  • Actors in streets

I see where you're coming from, I don't agree 100% but I understand. I think we both can agree that this shows HHN is a pretty damn good deal if you buy ahead of time or get a pass.

-----

So tl;dr for everyone who doesn't want to read 30+ pages, this is what I can confirm:
  • Daytime operations of at least two HHN houses
  • Scare actors will be in houses
  • Starts September 19; weekends only in Sept, daily in October
  • Free with admission to the park
  • Virtual Line only
Here is what we're speculating:
  • Two houses are Brides and Toothfairy
  • Socially distanced scares in houses
  • Pulsing of line to give space between guests
  • Possibly two more houses after the first weekend (BJ and Icons)
  • Actors in streets
Didn’t know actors in streets were being considered. Wouldnt that interfere with day guests who don’t want horror?

Just curious I’ve yet to experience hagrids virtual line is it kinda like getting a boarding pass for rise?
No, it’s pockets of passes randomly dropped throughout the day. The Universal system relies mostly on luck and sometimes a dash of skill (knowing that most drops usually happen between :45 and :00 every few hours).

IMO, it’s a worse system than BG’s because expectations are not clearly defined, but it can be better for people that show up later in the day.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Hearing Around at the park that next weekend will be for team members and upper management to test out only.. no guest entry. Also a strict “no phone policy” will be in affect for team member previews. All depending on how that goes is when we will hear if this “taste of HHN” is happening and the first official announcement about it probably being on Monday September 21st. If the previews are not successful the event simply doesn’t happen or is modified further. Team members I told will be told to rate and give feed back on paper regarding their experience going through. This could be true or not.. fully TM rumors. Definitely makes a lot of sense however. Hopefully those runs do well!

Hearing Around at the park that next weekend will be for team members and upper management to test out only.. no guest entry. Also a strict “no phone policy” will be in affect for team member previews. All depending on how that goes is when we will hear if this “taste of HHN” is happening and the first official announcement about it probably being on Monday September 21st. If the previews are not successful the event simply doesn’t happen or is modified further. Team members I told will be told to rate and give feed back on paper regarding their experience going through. This could be true or not.. fully TM rumors. Definitely makes a lot of sense however. Hopefully those runs do well!

Then why would the parks be open until 8pm?

Preview makes sense in terms of some rehearsal runs. Having the event as a go / no go based on feedback .... I’m skeptical of that. It may be that management wants to see that it can run smoothly - that does make some sense.

Just curious I’ve yet to experience hagrids virtual line is it kinda like getting a boarding pass for rise?
I had good success with the hagrid VQ. I had to close out the app the relaunch. I was able to ride several times a day. some say android phone work better witch my phone happens to be.

I’ve mentioned this a few times now. Don’t plan on the 19th. It might be limited.

I’ve heard that the concept of at least APs being included that weekend as well too. But it wasn’t decided yet for sure last I heard.

Preview makes sense in terms of some rehearsal runs. Having the event as a go / no go based on feedback .... I’m skeptical of that. It may be that management wants to see that it can run smoothly - that does make some sense.
It would be an operational test as well as test of COVID-mitigation scaring. If TMs (a notoriously gracious group) hate scares behind plexiglass and think scareactors in protective masks look stupid, and that the houses are not worth going through, then management will likely feel the cost/risk isn’t worth it.

I think TM feedback is a great way to predict what guests' reactions will be. But ultimately UOR really needs to recover finically and so if the quality is just adequate, I think it would still be a good idea to have it open to the public.

The mafia imagery is an embellishment of the basic story. The house takes place in a Victorian manor, and I’m pretty sure the whole thing is a period piece. A child refuses to give up their tooth, so the tooth fairy sends its minions to attack the family.
I hope the facade is this Victorian manor. If it has the same scale as the Body Collectors: Recollections facade...wow.