Horror Movies Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've heard not so great things. So, I'm glad I've finally seen some people positive enough to push me into checking them out.
I mean, give it a try. Just be advised that the first episode will test your "should I be seeing this" boundaries, and not in a fun way.

Reactions: DannyPowers
So that new EXORCIST movie that's in the works? It's actually three EXORCIST movies...

The first installment of the FEAR STREET trilogy on Netflix is pretty good. Characters are a mixed bag, but the movie homages the slick style of SCREAM-era 1990s slashers in a very fun way, and some of the kills are memorably brutal.

I'm a little late to the party, but I've only watched 1994 so far. I enjoyed it and will definitely watch the next two installments.
That breadslicer scene though...

I've heard not so great things. So, I'm glad I've finally seen some people positive enough to push me into checking them out.

I think Stories is okay so far. I'm interested to see what they do with the rest of the season. The third episode felt more like the new Creepshow to me. Overall it's nice to have some kind of AHS-adjacent content before the next season.

Not gonna lie, I'm an unashamed fan of AHS (I truly believe if it was birthed in the 80s by a different creative team it would be absolutely beloved) but the first three episodes of stories left A LOT to be desired for me. It feels like a super rushed version of AHS that no one has refined or thought about for longer than five minutes. For as pulpy and off the wall as AHS is, a shorter anthology approach should only help their style but it's gone entirely the opposite way so far.

Doesn't hurt that the acting is very poor in comparison to a regular AHS cast (outside of John Carroll Lynch, who was great as always).

This is more horror adjacent, but Wellington Paranormal is getting added weekly to HBO Max. It's the same universe as What We Do in the Shadows and it's a lot of fun. Soft recommend from me, I'd go for WWDitS before this if you haven't seen any of them.

I just wanted to bring a band to everyone's attention. A few years ago, Ice Nine Kills came out with an album and set of video that are all about classic horror movies. The videos even tell a story when watched in order.

Now, they're doing it again. They came out with the second video to promote their new album (releasing in October) yesterday, and it looks like they're making another movie told through their videos.

The music will probably not be for everyone, but they're definitely worth checking out if you're following this thread.

I’m gonna ask a generic question:

What is a good horror comedy?

For reference, I hate jump scares. Can’t do em for the most part. I love Jordan Peele’s movies, or movies like Split, that are very intense but creepy. Just no jump scares.

What would people recommend for me this fall? This feels like SO the forum to ask lol.

For reference, I hate jump scares. Can’t do em for the most part. I love Jordan Peele’s movies, or movies like Split, that are very intense but creepy. Just no jump scares.

What would people recommend for me this fall? This feels like SO the forum to ask lol.

Strictly looking for horror/comedies? I’d say The Cabin in the Woods and Shawn of the Dead.

If you can handle Get Out and Us, you can handle anything in those two.

Scream also has a lot of comedic elements (and is one of my all time favorites), there are a few jumpie themed scares. Nothing intense though.

Strictly looking for horror/comedies? I’d say The Cabin in the Woods and Shawn of the Dead.

If you can handle Get Out and Us, you can handle anything in those two.

Scream also has a lot of comedic elements (and is one of my all time favorites), there are a few jumpie themed scares. Nothing intense though.
Thank you! Yes am looking for comedies. I need a
Good laugh lately hahah. I will note these.

You're from Maine, so watch You Can't Kill Stephen King on Tubi. It was filmed across the lake from one of King's homes. Director ran into King at the general store while filming was taking place and asked him if he'd heard of it. "Ayuh. ain't too pleased about it. not much I can do."

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is a personal favorite.

Slither is an oft overlooked B movie that has some great humor (but wouldn't call an out and our slapstick comedy).

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon is a fun one too that plays with the genre, but I wanted to like it more than I did tbh.

A few other essential horror-comedies:

- ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN
- YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
- AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (though it definitely leans more on the "horror" half of horror-comedy)
- ARMY OF DARKNESS (certainly the most overtly comedic of the EVIL DEAD trilogy)

The recent THE FINAL GIRLS is also very good.

I’m taking down all of these! A friend is moving nearby soon so I need a movie buddy this fall. We will plow through this list!

I do sorta have no excuse to not watch Stephen King films lol