Horror Movies Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not up to date on theatrical releases for this year, but I think Candyman will be my first theater experience since Invisible Man last year. I did not even go out for KvG.

The new Candyman trailer looks really solid. Can't wait to see it in person at the movies.

I really can't recommend Dr. Sleep more for people who have any interest in The Shining or Haunting of Hill House. It's a movie that truly lingers with me and it found beautiful ways to square the round hole that was being a sequel to both the book and the movie. I like the Dr Sleep movie more than the book to be honest.

Reactions: Skold and RevFreako
While I am here. Does anybody know if any of the Drive-Ins in the area are planning on doing anything neat before summer wraps up? I will be down in Orlando for a trip first of august and the drive in near me is only showing Fast9 and Casting Crowns in concert or some other nonsense. Its a great drive in but the movie selection sometimes is kinda gross.

While I am here. Does anybody know if any of the Drive-Ins in the area are planning on doing anything neat before summer wraps up? I will be down in Orlando for a trip first of august and the drive in near me is only showing Fast9 and Casting Crowns in concert or some other nonsense. Its a great drive in but the movie selection sometimes is kinda gross.

I haven't looked into "special," but the Starlight in Lakeland always has a good selection.

Reactions: jseal777
I haven't looked into "special," but the Starlight in Lakeland always has a good selection.
Thats the silver moon? I think I saw them doing classic horror stuff last year around halloween but missed it. Looks like for now they are just showing standard stuff.

Reactions: RevFreako
Skipping this and any Scream content until the movies come out. I’m determined to have everything in them as surprising as possible. Especially Scream,

Reactions: belloq87
Skipping this and any Scream content until the movies come out. I’m determined to have everything in them as surprising as possible. Especially Scream,

Regarding Halloween Kills, that's a very good idea. I definitely liked what I saw in the trailer, however at the same time I think it showed a metric F-Ton in terms of kills, possible spoilers etc. I know a lot of trailers have gone down that route, but this felt even more so.

Reactions: Allison
I recently binged the entire Conjuring franchise and this is my rating from 8 to 1.....

#8: The Nun
#7: Annabelle
#6: The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do it
#5: The Conjuring 2
#4: The Curse of La Llorona
#3: Annabelle Comes Home
#2: Annabelle: Creation
#1: The Conjuring

Reactions: belloq87

As someone who considers THE EXORCIST to be among his five favorite films of all time, this concerns me. I don't think an EXORCIST movie can work without William Peter Blatty's sensibility (as evidenced by EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC, EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, and DOMINION: PREQUEL TO THE EXORCIST all being... less than good).

As someone who considers THE EXORCIST to be among his five favorite films of all time, this concerns me. I don't think an EXORCIST movie can work without William Peter Blatty's sensibility (as evidenced by EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC, EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING, and DOMINION: PREQUEL TO THE EXORCIST all being... less than good).

Kudos for not including Legion/Exorcist III in there. Because that movie is baller.

Also, you might want to check out the TV series if you haven't already. It's actually really good, in my opinion.