Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Movies Thread

my problem with army of the dead wasnt the run time but that it barely had zombies.... its called " army of the dead" but only had a couple dozen. plus people died in dumb ways

i know everybody is liking new saw but i really hated it. new villain is not interesting and their motivation was meh. they really needed a strong new villain, this wasnt it. way too underwhelming.
really ruined the whole thing
Compared to the last 5 Saw Movies it was GOD tier, lol

Can the next one be better? ohhh 100% but Chris Rock HANDS down is the best Protagonist in the entire Saw series

Never seen it, but it is free on Tubi, so I will check it out!

Fun British horror anthology from a studio called Amicus, who made several very good anthologies from the mid-'60s to the early '70s.

If you enjoy it, I'd also recommend THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1971), TALES FROM THE CRYPT (1972), and ASYLUM (1972), which also appear to be on Tubi and are anthologies from Amicus. TALES FROM THE CRYPT is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Fun British horror anthology from a studio called Amicus, who made several very good anthologies from the mid-'60s to the early '70s.

If you enjoy it, I'd also recommend THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1971), TALES FROM THE CRYPT (1972), and ASYLUM (1972), which also appear to be on Tubi and are anthologies from Amicus. TALES FROM THE CRYPT is probably my favorite of the bunch.
Did you like the second one? Vault of Fear or something?

Anyone see A Quiet Place 2 yet? I saw it last night and enjoyed it, but the first is a bit better. There's a lot of dead space in the middle of the film. The last 30 minutes culminate well.

Spiral: From the Book of Saw gets a 3/5 from me. While it is extremely predictable, it does profit very well from not having to lump in 5+ films of history and characters to involve. I still don't know if I like Rock's acting style but his character was one of the more memorable in the series (though I did legitimately laugh when they put him in a backwards baseball cap to simulate him being 'younger'). The traps were more simplified yet maintained both the gruesome over the topness of the series' most infamous set pieces, not to mention their ridiculous absurdity. The film won me over with its banger of an ending, while it was luke warm up to that moment, it doesn't pull any punches in its final shocker and I'm down for a continuation of this story.

Army of the Dead gets a 1/5 from me. There's some nice pieces here and there (the 'use a zombie to activate the traps' was the best use of the heist in a zombie gimmick) but what an overly bloated, poorly thought out unstoppable train of Zack Snyder-isms. I have no problem with the man and he's a competent film maker but the man seriously needs his own army of consultants to tell him when his ideas are poor and seeing as how he wrote, directed and was the DP here, it clearly shows how little restraint and clarity he can focus on when making a film. His horror 'homages' are so on the nose here that it's basically straight cut and paste. This film could have been so much more in the hands of a more capable leader.

Last Night in Soho looks awe inspiring and I absolutely love Edgar Wright's work so that has sky rocketed to my most anticipated film next to Candyman. I am so stoked he's staying in the genre realm, even if this seems more dramatic and thriller-ish. I'll take what I can get from a director as tremendous as Wright.

THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT is okay, but not much more than that. I'd put it in the bottom half of the full CONJURING filmography at this point.