Horror Movies Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watch Spiral the new Saw Film

So I had no idea they were advertising this as "new" its a sequel which is not a bad thing but if you go in thinking this is like some spin off with a new angel then yeah you wont like it

Its Saw but with Chris Rock being funny and to me being one of the best characters in the series but some think he doesn't mix in well with the universe but think he was the best part of the film. The Traps are simple but like good because they are brutal. Acting by most the thirdary characters suck per normal but the secondary people did fine enough. Overall its one of the better Saw Films in the top 4 films for sure (out of the 9 films)

Reactions: belloq87
Not horror, it’s a drama, but if anyone’s looking for a super intense, dreadful, mounting suspense in the last 10 minutes type of show I highly recommend Mare of Easttown.

I actually shouted at the end of the last episode and I can’t remember the last time I did that during a horror movie.

Reactions: belloq87 and Legacy
Not horror, it’s a drama, but if anyone’s looking for a super intense, dreadful, mounting suspense in the last 10 minutes type of show I highly recommend Mare of Easttown.

I actually shouted at the end of the last episode and I can’t remember the last time I did that during a horror movie.

Is the season nearing its end? Been waiting to binge.

“We’ve Been Talking About a Sequel Nonstop”: Alexandre Aja Talks ‘Crawl 2’! [Exclusive]

Jessica M. Thompson Directing ‘Dracula’ Horror Movie ‘The Bride’ for Screen Gems

“I Would Demand Warwick Davis Come Back”: Darren Bousman on the ‘Leprechaun’ Movie He Hopes to Make [Exclusive]

“We’ve Been Talking About a Sequel Nonstop”: Alexandre Aja Talks ‘Crawl 2’! [Exclusive]

Jessica M. Thompson Directing ‘Dracula’ Horror Movie ‘The Bride’ for Screen Gems

“I Would Demand Warwick Davis Come Back”: Darren Bousman on the ‘Leprechaun’ Movie He Hopes to Make [Exclusive]
I WANTS ME WARWICK LEPRECHAUN. Legitimately my favorite slasher series, but those last two, especially the WWE one with Hornswoggle, were AWFUL

Zack Snyder's ARMY OF THE DEAD is way too long (like, about 40 minutes too long), and it's tonally all-over-the-place (sometimes it wants to be a touching father-daughter story, other times it's a pretty broad heist action-comedy), but the zombie mayhem does mostly satisfy. A surprising amount of practical gore gags, too.

Snyder's previous zombie movie is much better, though.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Zack Snyder's ARMY OF THE DEAD is way too long (like, about 40 minutes too long), and it's tonally all-over-the-place (sometimes it wants to be a touching father-daughter story, other times it's a pretty broad heist action-comedy), but the zombie mayhem does mostly satisfy. A surprising amount of practical gore gags, too.

Snyder's previous zombie movie is much better, though.

It’s ridiculously over-long...yet almost every piece of it is completely underdeveloped.

Also, it could use a lot more “heist” in order to make it a zombie heist movie.

And I have no idea what he was doing with that shallow depth of field effect he was using.

That being said, there are still some decently fun elements. Not worth dropping everything for, but worth a watch if you’re looking for something to fill the time.

Watch Spiral the new Saw Film

So I had no idea they were advertising this as "new" its a sequel which is not a bad thing but if you go in thinking this is like some spin off with a new angel then yeah you wont like it

Its Saw but with Chris Rock being funny and to me being one of the best characters in the series but some think he doesn't mix in well with the universe but think he was the best part of the film. The Traps are simple but like good because they are brutal. Acting by most the thirdary characters suck per normal but the secondary people did fine enough. Overall its one of the better Saw Films in the top 4 films for sure (out of the 9 films)

i know everybody is liking new saw but i really hated it. new villain is not interesting and their motivation was meh. they really needed a strong new villain, this wasnt it. way too underwhelming.
really ruined the whole thing

i know everybody is liking new saw but i really hated it. new villain is not interesting and their motivation was meh. they really needed a strong new villain, this wasnt it. way too underwhelming.
really ruined the whole thing
As a set up to a new trilogy, I actually really like what they did with the villain. Was it super predictable who they were, and why they were doing it? Absolutely.

But, there could be some really great cat and mouse stuff in future installments.

Also...
the actor they cast is Uber level unlikeable, with one of the punchiest faces in Hollywood

As a set up to a new trilogy, I actually really like what they did with the villain. Was it super predictable who they were, and why they were doing it? Absolutely.

But, there could be some really great cat and mouse stuff in future installments.

Also...
the actor they cast is Uber level unlikeable, with one of the punchiest faces in Hollywood

i know is unfair to compare him to jigsaw, but he doesnt even measure up to Hoffman or Even Amanda. he barely registers as a villain. you cant build a trilogy on such a weak character. i cant even imagine what two more movies will do with him.

It’s ridiculously over-long...yet almost every piece of it is completely underdeveloped.

Also, it could use a lot more “heist” in order to make it a zombie heist movie.

And I have no idea what he was doing with that shallow depth of field effect he was using.

That being said, there are still some decently fun elements. Not worth dropping everything for, but worth a watch if you’re looking for something to fill the time.
sounds like typical zach snyder nonsense